Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

oiltreader:
A Scotch or two at Leeming Bar May 2019.
Oily

A scotch at Burtonwood

Froggy55:

ERF-NGC-European:

pv83:
What is it? Answers on a postcard please :wink:

It’s a CCC Nahang. Nahang means ‘whale’ in Farsi (Persian). CCC built them specially for export to Iran, where they were popular because they were strong. They had ■■■■■■■ 290s in them and 9-speed Fuller gearboxes and were 6x4 a standard. Bit basic but I wouldn’t mind driving one!

I had never heard about CCC before! I reckon that the model specially built for Iran was produced prior to 1979? Can’t think of the Ayatollahs ordering trucks from the Yankees…

Interesting info regarding CCC, cheers lads, you learn something new every day eh :wink:

Thanks to DEANB, michel and robthedog for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

Couple from Wiltshire all credit to Eddie(eastleighbusman) for the photos.

Wilts eastleighbusman 50042258953_030fa6974b_k.jpg

Wilts eastleighbusman 49986748771_ae987285d6_k.jpg

Couple more, Buzzer

oiltreader:
Oily

I can’t do with all the windscreen clutter…why do it? Curtains/tassels/strings of little triangular flags, etc etc…WHY? :unamused:

grumpy old man:

oiltreader:
Oily

I can’t do with all the windscreen clutter…why do it? Curtains/tassels/strings of little triangular flags, etc etc…WHY? :unamused:

I’d go along with that GOM.
Oily

oiltreader:

grumpy old man:

oiltreader:
Oily

Oily

More common back in the day, MOT failure as well if obscuring vision line, we once had a driver who had a 2ft long tiger led across the dash he was told in no uncertain manor get it gone out of there, we are a reputable transport company not a fricking circus, Buzzer

We had two lads on Tilcon who had all manner of stuff on the dash and stickers and flags all across the screen, as fitters at every test we had to remove it all and then they replaced it again afterwards. I asked one of them why and he replied that “cabs look like an army ■■■■■■■■■ without some form of decoration” and this was a chap in his fifties, not a youngster. :confused: The most I ever had was a sunstrip.

Pete.

DAF lettered up today ( yep I saved up ROF ) :laughing: just the illuminated headboard to get .

Buzzer:

oiltreader:

grumpy old man:

oiltreader:
Oily

Oily

More common back in the day, MOT failure as well if obscuring vision line, we once had a driver who had a 2ft long tiger led across the dash he was told in no uncertain manor get it gone out of there, we are a reputable transport company not a fricking circus, Buzzer

Each to their own i suppose,i admit to decorating my cab up, but i did draw the line at the windscreen.

Froggy55:

ERF-NGC-European:

pv83:
What is it? Answers on a postcard please :wink:

It’s a CCC Nahang. Nahang means ‘whale’ in Farsi (Persian). CCC built them specially for export to Iran, where they were popular because they were strong. They had ■■■■■■■ 290s in them and 9-speed Fuller gearboxes and were 6x4 a standard. Bit basic but I wouldn’t mind driving one!

I had never heard about CCC before! I reckon that the model specially built for Iran was produced prior to 1979? Can’t think of the Ayatollahs ordering trucks from the Yankees…

Hi all,
To my knowledge we’ve only ever had one CCC operating commercially in South Wales,it was also badged as an AM General.Pulled the big trailer at Walls Recovery from Newport,CAT powered,later exported to the Middle East…

833697A9-0837-438A-8E62-25434A6E237C.jpeg

Punchy Dan:

Hi dan,looking very smart mate the two motors you back on the big toy now where’s the ridgid to,I seen one of your boys Friday southbound on m5 by Taunton with bison concrete on

smallcoal:

Punchy Dan:

Hi dan,looking very smart mate the two motors you back on the big toy now where’s the ridgid to,I seen one of your boys Friday southbound on m5 by Taunton with bison concrete on

Hiya John ,thank you ,no I’am sticking with the Fodshed as it gets called by some :cry:

Punchy Dan:

smallcoal:

Punchy Dan:

Hiya John ,thank you ,no I’am sticking with the Fodshed as it gets called by some :cry:

They may call it that but it will outlast half these modern trucks that’s on the road ,I would drive an older truck if I could mate

Thanks to Punchy Dan and pete 359 for the pics :smiley: :smiley: and all the craic :smiley:
Oily
Today at Dingwall lorry park a delivery for Travis Perkins, first photo waiting a mate to transfer load, no space in TP yard for two doing the unload.
Oily

TKN General IMG_3740 (1).jpg

oiltreader:
Thanks to Buzzer, Frankydobo and pyewacket947v for the pics.
Oily

Couple from Somerset all credit to SCP for the photos snapped at Strensham Services.

A G Watts, based in Highbridge, seemed to have vanished a while ago…Nice motors,

Old yard scene but anyone know who the company was and where from, Buzzer

Buzzer:

I don’t know the company but the colour scheme, marroon and red, was exactly what Hedley Shaw’s from Stapleford was before Charlie Dormer took over and everything turned green. So my first glance really did stir a memory. :slight_smile:

Buzzer:

Savile Transport Company Ltd, Parsonage Garage, Meanwood Road, Mickletown, Leeds.