Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Buzzer,
Good Morning, looking at your post on the Ambrosia factory reminded me of when I was with John Raymond in the early seventies. We did a lot of work for Rees & Kirkby structural engineers from Swansea who were doing a big refurb job at the South Crofty mine in Camborne. Used to stay in digs on Illogan highway with Boyd & Jean
Tonkin. Other times used to park up in Bodmin, can’t remember the name of the digs but always had a few pints
in the Jail club. Happy Days !
Regards, Allan

jshepguis:
Crane Carrier Company, here is another one taken a few years ago at Amsterdam.

I’ve seen that one too at the Mack day, never gave it any thought though… :blush:

I’ve done some searching about CCC, they make interesting stuff although not intended for normal road haulage, here’s a link to their website; cranecarrier.com/

7 May 1985
Alfreton Road
Little Eaton
Derbys, Eng

On its knees…a sad Dennis gully cleaner waits for the end…

pv83:
What is it? Answers on a postcard please :wink:

It’s a CCC Nahang. Nahang means ‘whale’ in Farsi (Persian). CCC built them specially for export to Iran, where they were popular because they were strong. They had ■■■■■■■ 290s in them and 9-speed Fuller gearboxes and were 6x4 a standard. Bit basic but I wouldn’t mind driving one!

Thanks to pyewacket947v, ERF-NGC-European for the pics :smiley: :smiley: and pv83 for the link :smiley: .
Oily

US Army CCC M920.

CCC M920 in PD.jpg

Smith & Robinson eight wheeler F86, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Smith & Robinson eight wheeler F86, Buzzer.

buzzer- that f86 eight wheeler was based at the manchester depot on contract to shell chemicals at carrington- drven by charlie(the commander) goodwin
he always wore a white t shirt. nicknamed the commander as he was in submarines during the war. ec11

oiltreader:
Thanks to pyewacket947v, ERF-NGC-European for the pics :smiley: :smiley: and pv83 for the link :smiley: .
Oily

US Army CCC M920.

That model was called the General, I believe. I always assumed it meant an army general, not general purpose, it being a military variant.

A Smiths TK Bedford, Buzzer.

ERF-NGC European wrote; That model was called the General, I believe. I always assumed it meant an army general, not general purpose, it being a military variant.

The M920 was actually named the General because it was built by AM General following CCC design, you can see the AM General name on the side of the bonnet in the pic below. AM also built the M931 Tractor and similar 6x6 US Army trucks nick named Bigfoot. The exhaust on the tractor wasn’t hanging loose by the way it was positioned in that lopsided way. Franky.

$_1.jpg

Couple more pictures a pair Bedford S types loaded with sugar beet and an ERF, Buzzer

105962100_10222639736003861_7266635014947027666_n.jpg

Couple more today, Buzzer

7 May 1985
Alfreton Road
Little Eaton
Derybys ENG
‘Bromley Cheiftain’
I wonder how many times the driver of this
ERF LV had that mistake pointed out to him…

=============================
Mod’s edit:

FYI:
The rule is… type whatever you like, then leave the auto censor to do its work.

There’s a clue in the name… the auto censor is, err… automatic and doesn’t need any help, or people inventing ‘dodges’. :wink:

Thanks to Buzzer, Frankydobo and pyewacket947v for the pics.
Oily

Couple from Somerset all credit to SCP for the photos snapped at Strensham Services.

Another Crane Carrier Company motor.

ccc 70s.PNG

ERF-NGC-European:

pv83:
What is it? Answers on a postcard please :wink:

It’s a CCC Nahang. Nahang means ‘whale’ in Farsi (Persian). CCC built them specially for export to Iran, where they were popular because they were strong. They had ■■■■■■■ 290s in them and 9-speed Fuller gearboxes and were 6x4 a standard. Bit basic but I wouldn’t mind driving one!

I had never heard about CCC before! I reckon that the model specially built for Iran was produced prior to 1979? Can’t think of the Ayatollahs ordering trucks from the Yankees…

Not a close friend of Iran , 2 CCC used in Israel.