Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

IMG_0281.JPG

You’re on a roll Gordon, nice lot :smiley:
Eddie

Barnsley wagon in Inverness.

2018-04-03-17-24-54 (1280x720).jpg

servo88:

Cracking stuff there Servo 88, Keep them rolling, Regards Larry.

servo88:

Seem to be a lot of “Tewards” in South West Durham i.e. Teward Bros. Staindrop, David Teward, Barnard Castle and J.W.Teward,Middleton Teesdale. Presume they are related? Anyone know the family/connection?
Paulycats.

Mounthooly from Jedburgh.

mounthooly15.PNG.jpg

Photo’s taken today M62 Eastbound Nr Jctn 24

Amsterdam Schiphol Aviodrome

A big thank you to Citycat for these!

Now this is taking things a little bit too far don’t you think, Buzzer.

Thanks to servo88, DEANB, chrisb01, Pennineman and Buzzer :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

A few dashcam stills from the north.

DEANB:

Davidson from Mounthooly farm at BonJedward ( Jedburgh Scottish Borders )
There’s blast from the past, a farmers son…I don’t know if he knew what he was getting him self into but the trucks appeared over night… about 5 of them all subbing for Ralph Davis… Of course not to miss an opportunity Ralph gave him most of the Scottish work and expected him to do Aberdeen Alicante return every week with each trailer…There was a bit of cross pollination of drivers between Davidson and Oliver of Kirk Yetholm, I think most of the trucks ended up there.
The first I knew of them ( and they were only about 6 miles from my yard ) was when my mate phoned me …from his new in cab motorolo fitted under the bunk… from Dover to ask who they were as there was a line of them sitting on the key side waiting to board with Ralph trailers…

Jeff…

Buzzer:
Now this is taking things a little bit too far don’t you think, Buzzer.

Fantastic Buzzer.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Jelliot’s mention of Ralph Davies brings these to mind.
Oily

Glos. 27980683879_83ea132da6_rs k.jpg

Glos graemeireland cc by nc nd 2.0 39797755345_858d34311c_o. gi jpg.jpg

Glos graemeireland cc by nc nd 2.0 39797747275_b0b10569d8_ogi .jpg

Jelliot:

DEANB:

Davidson from Mounthooly farm at BonJedward ( Jedburgh Scottish Borders )
There’s blast from the past, a farmers son…I don’t know if he knew what he was getting him self into but the trucks appeared over night… about 5 of them all subbing for Ralph Davis… Of course not to miss an opportunity Ralph gave him most of the Scottish work and expected him to do Aberdeen Alicante return every week with each trailer…There was a bit of cross pollination of drivers between Davidson and Oliver of Kirk Yetholm, I think most of the trucks ended up there.
The first I knew of them ( and they were only about 6 miles from my yard ) was when my mate phoned me …from his new in cab motorolo fitted under the bunk… from Dover to ask who they were as there was a line of them sitting on the key side waiting to board with Ralph trailers…

Jeff…

Hello Jeff, John was a cracking bloke started doing Europe with a 112 Scania before a 143. :wink:

Took this at the Great Dorset Steam Fair years ago.

Scammell Contractor.

db scammell poily.PNG

DEANB:
Took this at the Great Dorset Steam Fair years ago.

Scammell Contractor.

Shamara!

Robert

A couple from Tromso back in January

IMG_1133.JPG

IMG_1177.JPG

IMG_1206.JPG

IMG_1218.JPG
Ade

Some photos I took when at Multiple Fruit Supplies,part of Glass Glover Group,at Maltby. I was there from 1978 until 2005,Wincanton took GGD over early 90s.

mfs55.jpg

mfs62.jpg

mfs49.jpg

mfs48.jpg

mfs42.jpg

mfs40.jpg

mfs35.jpg

mfs10.jpg

mfs9.jpg

When did the colours change Chris, all the ones we used to repair based at Woodley, Berks, were painted orange?

Pete.