Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

So, do I get the firkin of fermented apple juice, Oily? Best send enough for Dan, too!
And Stansfield, of course, but don’t try sending any of that stuff they make up your end. Only proper Herefordshire cider is acceptable. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Stanfield:
Lake View
Heres a couple i took in 2014 still lots of Old Rover cars on the forecourt .

Those pics bring back some memories “Stanfield” my grandad had a V8 3.5 litre one of those.Lovely
car that in its day was a luxury big car. However when you see one today they look so small compared to
modern cars. From memory they were called P6 ?

Denby DAF

I love these old Figures/Mascot’s etc, such a shame they not on any Wagons now :frowning: I’d rather have this on the front than a badge with 420.10 etc Chris

Old School Wrecker :sunglasses:

Could do with a few more ropes but other than that, lovely! Chris

Would help with a photo :blush: :unamused:

Very tidy :sunglasses:

Another thing you never see today, pics like this with all the workforce Office/drivers/workshop all out for group pic with the Wagons :frowning: Chris

One from up your way Eddie :sunglasses: Chris

Scan0001.jpg

Great Dorset

oiltreader:

servo88:

Cheers Gordon, some crackers there :smiley: the Robson ERF gets me thinking a another visit to Chainbridge could be on the cards.
Eddie

Well me & Glenys are def going back Eddie

49A781E9-5598-4611-9FE5-11F09C8BEBB2.jpeg

I think in a past life I must have owned/driven or was run down by one of these, as it has a fascination with me, great shot, proper looking lorry when style counted. Harvey

Cracking motor.JPG

adr:

Did one really had to start it with the crank?

Froggy55:

adr:

Did one really had to start it with the crank?

I’m no Leyland expert, but my 1938 Albion has never had an electric starter, Armstrong start only. It was an extra cost option at £12.10s when it was new, and the original owners didn’t go for it.
Bernard

adr:
Another thing you never see today, pics like this with all the workforce Office/drivers/workshop all out for group pic with the Wagons :frowning: Chris

That was Spiers of Melksham in 1949 when they were nationalised, so the photo was to commemorate the actual demise of Spiers as a family owned business.

Thanks to Stansfield, DEANB, adr, and tyneside for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

One from up your way Eddie” a wee bit of driver resemblance here Chris.

CIMG5718.JPG

CIMG5720.JPG

CIMG5744.JPG
CIMG5746.JPG