Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Think these come from your part of the country don’t they Oily, cheers Buzzer

One I made ealier

DEANB:
You will like this one Oily ! :laughing:

Cheers for the pic Dean :smiley: , a gantry and a bit o’ string pulling in OZ, note the “hand” indicator like the one in this photo.
Oily

Thanks to Buzzer and rastone for the pics :smiley: :smiley: the Buzzer pic of ARR Craib, a merger back in the early '80s of Aberdeen Road Runners, a courier company and George Craib Haulage.
Oily

A bit odd, but hey what do I know.

This Scania arrives near to where I live about once a month. The driver unloads a large pallet of
a medical preparation in boxes for a local neighbour, who has Dialysis Equipment installed in an
upper bedroom. Every box has to be carried upstairs by the driver. Regards, Ray Smyth.

Ray Smyth:
This Scania arrives near to where I live about once a month. The driver unloads a large pallet of
a medical preparation in boxes for a local neighbour, who has Dialysis Equipment installed in an
upper bedroom. Every box has to be carried upstairs by the driver. Regards, Ray Smyth.

A whole palletsworth handballed up house stairs? Good job you didn’t post this on the professional driver’s page, a lot of them on there would be apoplectic at the thought! :wink:
Bernard

Oily, apparently this is a Dodge !

dodgecar.jpg

albion1938:

Ray Smyth:

A whole palletsworth handballed up house stairs? Good job you didn’t post this on the professional driver’s page, a lot of them on there would be apoplectic at the thought! :wink:
Bernard

I would think that this delivery is one of the easier ones. The driver uses an electric pallet truck and the tail lift to get it to ground level,
then up the patients short driveway to the front door, then its a carry up to the dialysis treatment room. The pallet truck would struggle
on uneven pathways and gravel drives, and if he has deliveries to flats and maisonettes, lets hope that the lift,if there is one, is working.
Some drivers, both past and present would throw a wobbler if they had to do any handball. Ray Smyth.

Thanks to Ray Smyth for the pic on previous page :smiley:
Oily

Stretching it a bit.

DEANB:

Cheers for the pic Dean :smiley: the only advantage of driving a monstrosity like that would be checking the clearance at low bridges, arm out the window :laughing:
Oily

Shrinking trailer and a low profile walking floor, a bit different.
Oily

Richard 37258896604_eba8073147 rs _k.jpg

oiltreader:

DEANB:

Cheers for the pic Dean :smiley: the only advantage of driving a monstrosity like that would be checking the clearance at low bridges, arm out the window :laughing:
Oily

God Almighty Dean where do you keep getting these ugly motors from? Makes me feel ill, just glad it’s not in colour.
One things for sure Oily, if he hits a low bridge he’ll never be able to tell the tale

Another selection from FB for you chaps to get you teeth into, who were they did you know them, Buzzer.

Well Harry Evans had a largish fleet of tippers and lime spreaders, they were later based at Dale Quarry (The ‘Big Hole’) at Wirksworth and had Scammell eight leggers when I started at Ballidon Quarry. One of theirs, a Dodge I believe, ran away on the A53 Buxton-Leek road killing the driver. One of the family is on Facebook.

John Dunn sold his fleet and premises to Via Gelia Transport but they carried on in his own livery for a while, their yard was at Middleton by Wirksworth where Punch Dan resides and John still lives at Cromford.

Can’t comment on the other two though, rather before my time!! :open_mouth: :wink:

Pete.

Oh I don’t know about that Pete , it’s 70 years today since the Empire Windrush docked . anon

rigsby:
Oh I don’t know about that Pete , it’s 70 years today since the Empire Windrush docked . anon

Haha Dave, it was June 1951 when I sailed on her so still before my time. :laughing: Oh, and they haven’t even invited me to the new musical that’s been made about it! :imp:

Pete.

Well this one is for Robert NGC not sure if he goes back to 1966 October when this service was started by Asia Transport AKA Astran, cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Well this one is for Robert NGC not sure if he goes back to 1966 October when this service was started by Asia Transport AKA Astran, cheers Buzzer.

Great picture, Buzzer! I’ll forward it to Truckerash in the unlikely event that he hasn’t seen it! The late Gordon Pierce was its driver in 1966; apparently, the lorry itself is still around somewhere in another guise. I was certainly around in '66 but would have been in what they now call Year Ten at school. My only connection with Astran is that I was briefly a subbie’s driver doing trips to the Arabian Gulf in 2001/2; though my interest in their M/E transport culture goes back to the late '60s :wink: . Cheers, Robert

Tonight its a bulker, Buzzer

You are on a roll Buzzer, great pics :smiley:
Oily

Older AECs and a Scammell.