Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

oiltreader:
You are on a roll Buzzer, great pics :smiley:
Oily

Older AECs and a Scammell.

Come on Chris Webb tell us where the 2 tankers are tipping

Today a Chinese six as we used to call them, wonder what’s in them boxes ? Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Today a Chinese six as we used to call them, wonder what’s in them boxes ? Buzzer.

Hi John, On the nearside front of the AEC,it is signwritten “Covent Garden”, so I am suggesting
fruit or vegetables in the boxes, but I don’t recognise the boxes from my many wholesale fruit
market deliveries years ago. Regards, Ray Smyth.

James K Allan were based at Newarthill just south of Airdrie in Scotland they were mainly steel carriers in the 1960s,bit of a rum outfit from what i remember.Ted.

Back in the 1950s-60s James K Allan’s wagons regularly passed through Carlisle long before the M6 and all main road traffic passed through the city. I have three heavily copyrighted photos of an LV cabbed ERF trying to enter the doorway of the Crown pub at the junction of Scotland Rd and Etterby St (where the traffic lights are now on top of Stanwix Bank) On coming to stop the load has moved forward severely damaging the cab back as well as the front which was well and truly knackered. This accident occurred in 1966. Back then there was hardly a night went past without an accident with up to three wagons involved on London Rd or Scotland. The council decided in their wisdom to place a couple of streetlights and bollards in the centre of Scotland Rd near the Knowe Road junction, this became known as the “Scotland Rd Aunt Sally” as it hardly ever survived for more than a week before being demolished by a wagon. Yes toxic gas man they were based at Newarthill near Airdrie. Happy days !!!
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Thanks for all the info chaps, now there aint a man breathing that would’nt want to own this beauty, well I would Buzzer.

Not for me Buzzer! I have never been in a ‘foreign’ truck and I’m not starting now! :smiley:

Pete.

Buzzer:
Thanks for all the info chaps, now there aint a man breathing that would’nt want to own this beauty, well I would Buzzer.

That is a cracker buzzer. Thanks for posting it.
Johnny

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You’ve not lived, Pete, they have things like heaters and radios and all manner of modern conveniences! :wink:

Retired Old ■■■■:
You’ve not lived, Pete, they have things like heaters and radios and all manner of modern conveniences! :wink:

What do you need a heater for, there’s a blooming great engine in the cab with you? :confused: Blooming pansies! :unamused:

Pete.

098.JPG
096.JPG

374986_664313923583799_25212042_n.jpg
941734_664314296917095_84135743_n.jpg
960194_664315823583609_567347939_n.jpg
DSCF0003.JPG

Dont remember ever seeing 2 hitch hikers dressed like this !! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Here are todays collection of shots a container truck, then one for Robert NGC to give us the lowdown on and also one Oily might throw some light on, Buzzer

DEANB:
Dont remember ever seeing 2 hitch hikers dressed like this !! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

The DAF lorry in the “Hitchhikers Picture” may be driven by Mappo,
Just look at all of those flags in the windscreen !! :sunglasses: :wink: Regards, Ray Smyth.

Buzzer:
Here are todays collection of shots a container truck, then one for Robert NGC to give us the lowdown on and also one Oily might throw some light on, Buzzer

The Robert Doig Scanny was Winton Transport, I think, and it certainly used to pull FG Hammond trailers. Here is another pic (from cyber-space). Robert

scania141doig.jpg

ERF-NGC-European:

Buzzer:

The Robert Doig Scanny was Winton Transport, I think, and it certainly used to pull FG Hammond trailers. Here is another pic (from cyber-space). Robert

More Robert Doig/Winton Transport info here Robert
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=32324
Oily