Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Thanks to Buzzer, coomsey, lurpak, ERF-NGC-European and DEANB for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Today on the A9 at North Kessock, a bit brass monkey it was :laughing:
Oily

IMG_0317 ot .JPG

IMG_0308.ot JPG.JPG

Hi Oily, a wee drappie oot o that Mundell tanker would warm you up, unless he is heading north to load at Clynelish or another distillery.
Cheers hic Leyland 600.

Leyland600:
Hi Oily, a wee drappie oot o that Mundell tanker would warm you up, unless he is heading north to load at Clynelish or another distillery.
Cheers hic Leyland 600.

Hi Leyland600, regulars up this end are Mundells, never gave a thought to what they might be carrying, Come to think of it their presence on Islay should’ve told me.
Oily

Caravans, motorhomes and park homes in transit.
Oily

Caravans Richard 36997210471_96fb4a0653 r s _k.jpg

A couple of transporters !

oily3.jpg

Hi Oily, I was informed that the whiskies carried were used for blending but which way the traffic runs I do not know.
Cheers, Leyland 600

Kingsley's T CAB 012.JPG

Kingsley's T CAB 016.JPG

No loading problems here !!!

Thanks to DEANB (driving that second pic Daf has got to give some kind of phobia :laughing:) , servo88 and rastone for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: a lot of detail and pride in the work on the Scania and the Sentinel bodywork being very hands on with the tools and skills of the day.
Oily

One or two more from the north.

Nice selection for you old boys to discuss from FB, cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Nice selection for you old boys to discuss from FB, cheers Buzzer.

Fab pics, all of 'em! Loved the C&B Middle-Easter and those wonderful period Atkis from my teen years. :slight_smile: Robert

Hi Buzzer, I reckon those two Atkis with the church spire in the background are climbing Parbold Hill not far from their home base. I remember seeing these wagons regularly in the 1960s, always immaculate when I started driving down through Lancashire for a living. This route was used by Atkinsons and Leyland Motors when road testing chassis. Here is a photo of the late Bill Hunter’s restored Atkinson which I met on Shap while attending a truck run in 2014.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Leyland600:
Hi Buzzer, I reckon those two Atkis with the church spire in the background are climbing Parbold Hill not far from their home base. I remember seeing these wagons regularly in the 1960s, always immaculate when I started driving down through Lancashire for a living. This route was used by Atkinsons and Leyland Motors when road testing chassis.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Great shots of the Hague motors particularly that one with the very high load on :sunglasses: By the way Gerald those shots of the De Rooy motors reminded me that our long gone Marra RWB hated them as I recall ! Cheers Dennis.

Yes Dennis they were a thorn in their side but they managed to keep their own customers by providing an excellent damage free service as always.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Two iconic motors !

Thanks to Buzzer, Leyland600 and DEANB for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Truck delivery US style.
Oily

A couple from Sandbach

Sandbach Services (1).JPG

Sandbach Services (2).JPG

Sandbach Services (3).JPG
A bit of a beast

Portsmouth and Mary Rose (74).JPG

Portsmouth and Mary Rose (75).JPG
Ade

Thanks to lurpak for the pics :smiley: , the limo would need Boxcar Willie and Forty Acres :laughing: but not like this guy :open_mouth: youtube.com/watch?v=ctZ7hJBSrpM.
Oily

More from the north.

lurpak:
A couple from Sandbach
A bit of a beast
Ade

β– β– β– β– β– β– β–  hell mate, how do you get that β– β– β– β– β– β– β–  Hummer 'round corners then…?

You will like this one Oily ! :laughing: