Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Froggy55:
Is Majestic the name of the make, or model? Thanks! Good looking with its plated grille, and probably too a good way to keep fit, with the crank starting!

No its an AEC we think the model is a Majestic, it could be brand new as it is outside Tillotsons the AEC dealer

ramone:
One for Harry Gill , did you get this new Harry ? :smiley: :smiley: :wink:
NMP

A close look seems to show Hippo below Leyland on the radiator. That would mean this truck is a conversion by adding a second front axle. Many Hippos were converted in 8-wheelers at that time. Here’s a very interesting book about Octopuses:
books.google.fr/books?id=PKqWDw … 8D&f=false

ramone:

Froggy55:
Is Majestic the name of the make, or model? Thanks! Good looking with its plated grille, and probably too a good way to keep fit, with the crank starting!

No its an AEC we think the model is a Majestic, it could be brand new as it is outside Tillotsons the AEC dealer

Thanks!

This one of my cousins is a Majestic. 1954, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
0This one of my cousins is a Majestic. 1954, Regards Larry.

Nice motor Larry

He ran it as a flat then made it into a tipper, It sadley tipped over and was written off in 1967, Regards Larry.

Took whilst I was loading timber out of Troon

Caught this parked at Bothwell

Thanks to ramone, Lawrence Dunbar and gazsa401 for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

Today in Dingwall load of timber slats heading south…Pink Parrot Transport, did I read that right? aye a did :stuck_out_tongue:

gazsa401:

Hi “gazsa401” What year was this photo taken, The livery looks a bit odd to me if you dont mind me saying so, My eldest son worked for F.Short & Son Ltd, Before Sam Anderson took them over, Regards Larry.

Asphalt delivery today .

Punchy Dan:

A mate of mine used to do that type of work for H.A. Boyse.

Kempston:

Punchy Dan:

A mate of mine used to do that type of work for H.A. Boyse.

I think that firm got bought up and shut down by these .

The Caledonian Canal and top right in Dan’s pic is Neptune’s Staircase. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neptune%27s_Staircase
The A830 “The Road to the Isles” Fort William to Mallaig.
Oily

Lawrence Dunbar:

gazsa401:

Hi “gazsa401” What year was this photo taken, The livery looks a bit odd to me if you dont mind me saying so, My eldest son worked for F.Short & Son Ltd, Before Sam Anderson took them over, Regards Larry.

Good morning Larry
I took the photo on Tuesday this week as I was waiting to load in Troon I’d not seen one of Shorts for a long time so I quickly took the picture
It looks smart considering it age
Cheers Gary

Thanks to Lawrence Dunbar, Punchy Dan, Kempston and gazsa401 for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
Oily

Capstick of Morpeth working the Highland forests and snapped at Dingwall recently.

20 August 1985
Nuneaton Lorry Park
Nuneaton
Warks
Eng.

Tolmans ‘Maggies’ lined up for disposal.

As tidy as I have seen of a Cadwallader motor, not always this tidy, Buzzer

pyewacket947v:
20 August 1985
Nuneaton Lorry Park
Nuneaton
Warks
Eng.

Tolmans ‘Maggies’ lined up for disposal.

The beginning of the end for the strong car transport sector, selling those bodies gave new upstart companies a starting point in the sector on the cheap, which in turn gave me a start as a transporter driver, i bet if they could see what selling those bodies would bring forth over time Toleman would have cut them up for scrap instead.