Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Ade

lurpak:
Ade

Whats going on there ?
So many questions . . . is the Jewsons driver gonna be in the cac

Rare

An advert by Dyson Trailers from Liverpool, possibly in the 1930s. The little
lorry looks like a Ford 2 Tonner. The sheeted load on the lorry is a mess, and
it would have looked better if they had given the Ford a " Wash & Brush Up ".
Picture from Bootle History Forum.

michel:
Barreiros Super Azor with Berliet ‘Relaxe’ cab inspired…

A good choice, because this cab was comfortable and pleasant!

robthedog:
Rare

LHD; I wonder how it ended in Britain! Anyway, it’ll need a little elbow grease before coming back to mint condition.

Froggy55:

robthedog:
Rare

LHD; I wonder how it ended in Britain! Anyway, it’ll need a little elbow grease before coming back to mint condition.

With that reg which I think was Somerset and1966 I’d guess mebbe Filton and Concorde the Anglo French connection.
Oily

Thanks to pv83, michel, Buzzer, lurpak, robthedog and Ray Smyth for the pics. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily.
Looking good for an 04 plate, snapped 2019 Donny bypass, credit to Richard Says for the photo.

TKN Richard 51104671139_f83345389e_4k.jpg

I have just read the comments of Bandag Tyres, Their factory used to be at Bradshaw Street, Orrell,
near Wigan, just half a mile from M6 Junction 26 and the start of the M58, westbound to Liverpool.
Their factory site and yard is now occupied by my Doctors Surgery, Pharmacy, and car park. I live
just half a mile from the site. Found the picture on Wigan World Forum. Click picture for full image.

7 August 1985
Marley farm
Smarden
Headcorn
Kent
Eng.

DKR 103T
The sad remains of a Commer Commando cool van
It was at a pub near here that i had the worse ploughman’s lunch ever,!
and the carpark was full of top of the range motors, still cannot understand why.!!

One for Harry Gill , did you get this new Harry ? :smiley: :smiley: :wink:
NMP

ramone:
NMP

What a beauty Ramone, great photo!

ramone:
NMP

Shows how times changed over the years on what was acceptable tyre wear ! Look at that front o/s tyre or “slick” but years ago I was told by an old Haulier that when the canvas started to appear the tyre was still good for another 10,000 miles. Obviously Bowkers were running their tyre policy along the same lines judging by that front tyre ! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Bewick.

Kempston:

ramone:
NMP

What a beauty Ramone, great photo!

It is, and I like the healthy open air sleeper upstairs. :confused: :laughing:

Thanks to Ray Smyth, pyewacket947v and ramone for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

Loggers in and around Inverness.

Any ideas what this is could it be a Majestic ? My grandad would have driven it , i think this is the one my dad was always telling me about unfortunately he never saw this photo

ramone:
Any ideas what this is could it be a Majestic ? My grandad would have driven it , i think this is the one my dad was always telling me about unfortunately he never saw this photo

Now that is a handsome vehicle!

Any ideas what this is could it be a Majestic ?
It is likely to be the Majestic rather than the lighter Mercury, the Majestic 666 model was for 6Ton payloads, from 1931 it was only available with pneumatic tyres and the KW Bradford reg no dates it at the end of the registration period between Nov 1926 to March 1931. There was an option of either Petrol or Diesel engine too. Wonder why this one hasn’t the Majestic name badge on the top left of the grille! Franky.

By the way the Majestic name appeared again in 1950-57 as a 6x2 10Ton twin steer and in 1959-68 as a 6x4 heavy normal control Mogul built mainly for export. Franky.

Is Majestic the name of the make, or model? Thanks! Good looking with its plated grille, and probably too a good way to keep fit, with the crank starting!