Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

ramone:
One for Harry Gill , did you get this new Harry ? :smiley: :smiley: :wink:
NMP

Where is Harry ?
Hope he’s ok as he hasn’t posted in quite a while

Buzzer:
As tidy as I have seen of a Cadwallader motor, not always this tidy, Buzzer

Hello Buzzer ,yes i have to agree with you ,not always tidy ,but i am sure that this Volvo was with a driver based at St Martins who did a lot of Cadburys work ,thank you Trevor

robthedog:

ramone:
NMP

Where is Harry ?

Harry is fine,just seen him posting on FB. :smiley:

oiltreader:
Thanks to Lawrence Dunbar, Punchy Dan, Kempston and gazsa401 for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
Oily

Capstick of Morpeth working the Highland forests and snapped at Dingwall recently.

Taskers timber trailer 1967.

1967 timber ppg poily.PNG

Juddian:

pyewacket947v:
20 August 1985
Nuneaton Lorry Park
Nuneaton
Warks
Eng.

Tolmans ‘Maggies’ lined up for disposal.

The beginning of the end for the strong car transport sector, selling those bodies gave new upstart companies a starting point in the sector on the cheap, which in turn gave me a start as a transporter driver, i bet if they could see what selling those bodies would bring forth over time Toleman would have cut them up for scrap instead.

Progressive take over by James Cars then taken over by Tolemans, my old Progressive buddies at the Toleman Milton(Didcot) yard had a bad deal when they folded with pension subs not being properly honoured, a long fight to get something resembling proper compensation.
Oily

Thanks to pyewacket947v. Buzzer, DEANB and Silverdale for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

Spring sprung at Dingwall last week.
Oily

Highland IMG_4278.jpg

robthedog:

ramone:
NMP

Where is Harry ?

Harry is fine,messaged him last night hes just having a rest from tinterweb

One for you Dennis, it’s nmp - I lifted it from FB.

Cheers all,

Keith

116103491_2693467360933865_2205104845588359586_n.jpg

Not my pics

kmills:
One for you Dennis, it’s nmp - I lifted it from FB.

Cheers all,

Keith

Hi Keith, Well I’ve seen this shot before but I have got some more info----- I would place the date on the photo about 66/67 the Brady Beaver LEO 555 was new into service 6/4/64 and it was scrapped 30/1/68 as regards the K.Fell Ergo well IIRC they had a D Reg Mandator and an E Reg 2 Pedal Beaver and I’m not too sure which one it is in the shot. The K.Fell load may have been a load of parent tissue reels from Northfleet for the ,then, new Bowater Scott mill in Barrow which hadn’t started paper production but had started running the conversion operation. The standard of the sheeting and roping is about as good as it got at Fells i.e. rubbish ! I bought them out in 1976 but that motor was long gone ! Cheers Dennis.

Buzzer:
As tidy as I have seen of a Cadwallader motor, not always this tidy, Buzzer

In pristine condition Buzzer
:smiley:

Queuing to tip waste .

Punchy Dan:
Queuing to tip waste .

Wait till that Dennis see’s that caption, he will imply for sure its your Foden that is the rubbish not the load your carrying, you know what he is like always an angle, Buzzer

Buzzer:

Punchy Dan:
Queuing to tip waste .

Wait till that Dennis see’s that caption, he will imply for sure its your Foden that is the rubbish not the load your carrying, you know what he is like always an angle, Buzzer

I do believe Buzzer that you have ,as usual , summed up my thoughts exactly so there is absolutely no need to aggravate matters further ! :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Come on Dennis, Dans old Foden is still making him a few bob, Easy to maintain IMO, He dosnt have to look at a lap top to sort any problems out Thats If he gets any at all Its a good working vehicle, Plus its not as old as you & I is it, & we are still here :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Take care & keep supping the wine , Regards Larry.

Thanks to kmills, Suedehead and Punchy Dan for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Sunny A9 Easter Ross today making up for minus 3 at 6am.
Oily

Lawrence Dunbar:
Come on Dennis, Dans old Foden is still making him a few bob, Easy to maintain IMO, He dosnt have to look at a lap top to sort any problems out Thats If he gets any at all Its a good working vehicle, Plus its not as old as you & I is it, & we are still here :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Take care & keep supping the wine , Regards Larry.

I think you have it Larry ,I can confirm that in one week in March the foden made a fair bit more money than I paid for it in 2013 ,mean while others are signing on the dotted line …

Punchy Dan:

Lawrence Dunbar:

I think you have it Larry ,I can confirm that in one week in March the foden made a fair bit more money than I paid for it in 2013 ,mean while others are signing on the dotted line …

I love it as it is so versatile, so Dennis that means there are not many jobs Dan cant tackle with that outfit as you have seen by his posts, Buzzer

Well said that Man, Regards Larry.