Old Hull Haulage companys

Some great photos in this thread, anyone remember a firm called M.E Andrews? Think they were based in the Marfleet area at one time.

130simon:
Some great photos in this thread, anyone remember a firm called M.E Andrews? Think they were based in the Marfleet area at one time.

Think they ended up on Williamson Street around Beaumont Street area

anyone got pics of any jd riby tks

stevejones:
anyone got pics of any jd riby tks

I have somewhere, I’ll have to try digging them out.

appreciate that grumpy while working there drove a erf olympic and new magnum tks

A01672.JPGTozer of Newland Hull.

moomooland:
0Tozer of Newland Hull.

He had a tidy looking fleet of these Volvo’s

Spud1960:

moomooland:
0Tozer of Newland Hull.

He had a tidy looking fleet of these Volvo’s

Have any of the older Hull lads any info on or pics of any of the follwing… GEO BAYS MOTOR TRANSPORT HULL …ACEY…PROCTERS and SOLLY MICHAELS
cheers

Well i managed to get my hands on a picture of my grandad (Ernest George Glenn) the opening day of the Humber bridge I’m led to believe, can anyone tell me a little bit about this firm??

yt03:
Well i managed to get my hands on a picture of my grandad (Ernest George Glenn) the opening day of the Humber bridge I’m led to believe, can anyone tell me a little bit about this firm??

If that’s a John Foreman wagon it would more than likely have worked out of BP Chemicals Saltend Hull. They were absorbed into the P and O group,hence the livery.John Foreman was working out of BP when I was in there,late 60s early 70s.
Hope this helps… :smiley:

Chris Webb:

yt03:

If that’s a John Foreman wagon it would more than likely have worked out of BP Chemicals Saltend Hull. They were absorbed into the P and O group,hence the livery.John Foreman was working out of BP when I was in there,late 60s early 70s.

That would make sense my mum always said he worked for P&O and he once had a picture with a John foreman lorry which was green i think?? He died mid 80’s he was only retired a short period before he passed…

before he went into lorry’s he was a paratrooper and my gran actually got told he was KIA but a french lady had taken him in’ ended up back in Hull as a dispatch rider out of Paull then went onto wagons once the war was over…

I’d of loved to of met him

yt03:

Chris Webb:

yt03:

That would make sense my mum always said he worked for P&O and he once had a picture with a John foreman lorry which was green i think?? He died mid 80’s he was only retired a short period before he passed…

before he went into lorry’s he was a paratrooper and my gran actually got told he was KIA but a french lady had taken him in’ ended up back in Hull as a dispatch rider out of Paull then went onto wagons once the war was over…

This is a John Foreman AEC MK5 Mammoth Major,yes they were green. Not my photo by the way.

forman.jpg

Chris Webb:

yt03:

Chris Webb:

yt03:

This is a John Foreman AEC MK5 Mammoth Major,yes they were green. Not my photo by the way.

I’m sure they loaded at Cargill’s back then aswell but could be wrong

Don’t think I’ve posted this one before,

Happy New Year to all

Borrowed from Bubbleman’s thread

img430.jpg

and one My Dad took

Not so much an old Hull haulage company but who remembers the old railway bridges on Hedon Road near the docks.

Notice the Atki getting the better of the Seddon. :slight_smile:

Bogg Fisheries Dodge tractor unit Reg No FRH 396D.
They later became Link Transport

Key Warehousing and Transport Co Ltd Dodge tractor unit Reg No 3295 RH

John Forman Ltd Scammell Highwayman tractor unit Reg No 313 NTN

Hardaker’s Removals & Storage Boulevard Hull.

Another of their Bedfords can be seen in the picture below on Anlaby Road in Hull.
The construction site on the right was the building of the Cecil Cinema in 1962.

Google Street view today.