A J Bradick Ltd

I also drove for them, Mrs Braddick was a brilliant boss:

My uncle A J Bradick started the Removal business and my Dad William George Bradick drove the original Ford trucks in the 1930’s.
I have lost historical information but Alf Bradick died in 1955 and if anybody could let me know who took over the concern after he died it would be appreciated.
Paul Bradick

Blimey I didn’t know this thread existed!

Does anyone remember this left-■■■■■■ ERF NGC ‘European’ on Bradick’s? Here it is in what looks like Bradick’s livery and again in the later GL Baker livery. It was registered MMG 772P. It is reported to have worked out of Faversham for GL Baker later on, running to Paris, after which it was used by their Silvertown depot on NYK containers.

It is reported that there was a 2nd ERF like this one, but in the livery of the Dutch container company Van Ommeran which Bradick / GL Baker did a lot of work for.

Any info or pics would be most welcome (as I am interested in the history of this particular ERF model).

Cheers, Ro

newerfglbaker%20ifor.jpg

I like the advertising boards for the freight forwarder bolted to the grill

Am a new member and would like to know if anyone remembers A J Bradick ttd a family firm who ran between 8-12 Scanias (including a drawbar outfit)abroad from there base in Oliver rd Leyton E10 and subbed a lot for G L Baker in Silvertown .As I was fortunate as a 14yr old to go on a trip to Lyon in1976 with one of their drivers,delivering Marks and Spencers goods.Eventually they were taken over by G L Baker in the early eighties.I’m trying to organise posting some pics but would love to here from anyone who knew them or see them at that time.Do remember they had a driver called Monty who we met at Lyon in a 140. The drivers name I went with was Bill Rutland

yes family friend had lad cab alboin lutons ergo lutons140 drawbars 110 sleepers in blue all on european

These were taken on the trip mentioned above the 3 scanias were taken at Bron a customs site at Lyon.It was the summer of '76 remember how hot it was ■■ I slept in the back of the trailer whenever I could.As a 14 yr old kid mad on lorries I had the time of my life.

I remember when Braddick started up…he had a leyland marathon, and only 1 truck. I was working for Beck & Politzer at the time, and our M/D was the one who started the firm, so i was led to believe…

Ive got a picture Bob of LJN134P of Bradicks 111 sleeper with a tilt on will get to you

Cheers Ken That was probably one of the last ones they bought ,don’t think it was long after that when G L Baker swallowed them up .

Worked for Mrs. Bradick for a while exelent boss and good lady to work for, mostly Germany, Austria or Switzerland, she used to make slow gin for a hobby and when you got back of a trip and before you left the yard you had to try the latest batch she had made, O happy days!!!

Found this in my wallet [ don’t get opened much ]:

My late wife Julie parking my motor in Germany

wbradick1.jpg

Hi AussieD
Glad to hear from an ex employee .Mrs Bradick is still around not sure where she lives though. But as you say a lovely family company. After I wrote to them Mr Bradick came to our house one evening to see my parents and offered me a trip away !! I just sat there gob smacked. Unfortunately didn’t take many pictures on the trip but this is one passed to me by a friend (I hope he don’t mind me sharing it)

october 2008 096.JPG