Edwards transport lydbrook

CAN ANYONE HELP. I AM HELPING RESTORE A 1960 AEC MANDATOR MK5 TRACTOR UNIT THAT MY FATHER USED TO DRIVE ON EDWARDS TRANSPORT LYDBROOK. I AM LOOKING FOR ANY PHOTOS OF THE FLEET .I HAVE GOT SOME GOOD PICTURES BUT NOT MANY.ANY INFO WOULD BE VERY WELCOME. THEY ALSO HAD WAGONS IN RITCHARD THOMAS AND BALDWINS LIVERY THEN BRITISH STEEL CORPERATION LIVERY AS THEY RAN OUT OF EBBW VALE MOSTLY.I AM ALSO ON THE LOOK OUT FOR PIC’S OF MIKE PROSSER TRANSPORT ROSS ON WYE.HE RAN OUT OF LYDBROOK TO START WITH THEN MOVED TO THE OLD BRS YARD IN ROSS (NOW MORRISONS STORE) WE RAN F88’S AND DAF 2800’S .I DID HAVE LOTS OF PICS OF THESE BUT THEY GOT LOST IN A HOUSE MOVE. ANY INFO ,PIC’S ,STORIES ECT WOULD BE BRILL. BOB.

wideboybob:
CAN ANYONE HELP. I AM HELPING RESTORE A 1960 AEC MANDATOR MK5 TRACTOR UNIT THAT MY FATHER USED TO DRIVE ON EDWARDS TRANSPORT LYDBROOK. I AM LOOKING FOR ANY PHOTOS OF THE FLEET .I HAVE GOT SOME GOOD PICTURES BUT NOT MANY.ANY INFO WOULD BE VERY WELCOME. THEY ALSO HAD WAGONS IN RITCHARD THOMAS AND BALDWINS LIVERY THEN BRITISH STEEL CORPERATION LIVERY AS THEY RAN OUT OF EBBW VALE MOSTLY.I AM ALSO ON THE LOOK OUT FOR PIC’S OF MIKE PROSSER TRANSPORT ROSS ON WYE.HE RAN OUT OF LYDBROOK TO START WITH THEN MOVED TO THE OLD BRS YARD IN ROSS (NOW MORRISONS STORE) WE RAN F88’S AND DAF 2800’S .I DID HAVE LOTS OF PICS OF THESE BUT THEY GOT LOST IN A HOUSE MOVE. ANY INFO ,PIC’S ,STORIES ECT WOULD BE BRILL. BOB.

hi bob can remember mike prosser when he was in ross my dad drove for ross roadways i spent a lot of time as a kid in ross mid 70’s to early 80’s if i am right i can recall a chap called knobby that drove for mike prosser but that was a good time ago. a chap called john francis used to drive for ross roadways i believe used to also drive for edwards of lydbrook not 100% sure though

yes i remember nobby powell.i was working with my father bill jones in the garage at prossers from74 to78 as a fitter and nobby was on of the first drivers with prossers with his brother john powell.they had an ex suttons ERF LV redg VTU984J and a DAF 2100 HDF687L which john drove. john lives near me and has just retired from ritchard read’s. nobby had a minor stroke and they took his hgv licence off him so he got a merc 307d van and trailer and set up his own .(border counties transport) sadly he passed away 2 years ago.i seem to remember john francis but as i was only 18 at the time i have forgotten a lot of there names.my father drove for edwards for 10 years till he left with mike prosser when he started on his own.good times!.bob.

couple of pics of the restoration aec. my first attempt at posting pics! hope it works

lets try again this is how she was found in 2007.

this is her in service in 1973

Should be good. Keep us updated on the progress. Good luck.

better put this one on for all the atkinson lovers out there .edwards transport brand new on the road in bsc colours ebbw vale works and dont she look smart.bob.

they were not all looked after