A E Drain Transport

Does anyone remember this company when they run out of deptford in London that was one of the 1st truck driving jobs i had runing timber for andersons

Yes very smart fleet tks. just along from my old school. which is also no longer in deptford.

Yea i remember Drains,didnt they run a lot of bedfords. our yard was just up the road ,off trafalgar rd in Greenwich :sunglasses:

MOC was gosnalls near you red green mixed fleet. mainly timber.

woodmanmichael:
MOC was gosnalls near you red green mixed fleet. mainly timber.

No Mate ,i know the name but cant recall where they were.was they in Greenwich :exclamation:

yes mate def se10. i think thay packed up 1970ish. to do with the new MOT lark.thay ran old lad cab dodge and comets.

Hello,All. I didn’t work for them but I have,in the past on Shell,delivered their DERV. They had dark maroon Bedfords at that time.This was in the early eighties.Regards to all,900X20. :smiley:

I remember they had a picture of a bedford that had been trashed in an acident on the wall as yopu walked in just to make you think before you left the yard

Thanks for your input mate. Last time i went past Marks tey A12 thay were there.

woodmanmichael:
Yes very smart fleet tks. just along from my old school. which is also no longer in deptford.

That would be surrey quays now

woodmanmichael:
yes mate det se10. i think thay packed up 1970ish. to do with the new MOT lark.thay ran old lad cab dodge and comets.

Oh i didnt start there till 74,so they probably gone by then.

Thanks any way mate. always good to talk to old timber drivers…

woodmanmichael:

did they run paper out of deptford for news papers there yard behind a pub

Not to my knowledge mate.

woodmanmichael:

I remember Gosnalls, they knew how to load em, 4 sets on the trailer, 2 up on the bolster and 2 sets behind.
All worry out the Surrey !!! You’ll know what that means !!!

Chains and snappers rule OK

Thats the one except you for got the 2 crowners, well thats what i was bought up on, cheers. mick

Yeah,the old man brought me up in the cab, pulled a lot out of the Surrey.
Remember Beadles out of Camberwell, and Owen Dives, just round the corner from Gosnells !!!

like wise mate.started 1963 with dad for british wharf out of trudleys rd se8. then we moved to barnards wharf surry docks till 1967 then taken over by W C WOOTTEN SONS POPLAR LTD then out millwall docks till redundent in 83. sad but good old days. made redundent fromm A A GRIGGS kemley mill 2007.now relaxing.

woodmanmichael:
like wise mate.started 1963 with dad for british wharf out of trudleys rd se8. then we moved to barnards wharf surry docks till 1967 then taken over by W C WOOTTEN SONS POPLAR LTD then out millwall docks till redundent in 83. sad but good old days. made redundent fromm A A GRIGGS kemley mill 2007.now relaxing.

Enjoy, I went on to do my apprenticeship at Poultneys of Greenwich on their AEC’s hence the AV760 tab.
Had a good living out of the industry, still love the game.
All the best, come on you Lions !!!

My fav lorry AEC. Have about 3 mins of old super 8 cini of unloadihg timber withold side loader.aec mercury with 30 ft single axel.even remember reg KYL761D how sads that. iLOVED them old days.