B & H Hoddesden

Anyone got any old photo’s from the days of B & H at Hoddesden, Fred (Bucko) Buckingham (the B in B & H) was my father in law, he was a driver out of Smithfield Market before the war and I’ve found a couple of pictures taken down by the docks, that were his. I didn’t know him when he had B & H so it would be good to see a few more pictures (or hear a few old stories) of the fleet etc.

nice old pics dave. is that a load of timber out of tilbury?
i like the old seddon by the way!

It well could have been Mal, they done a lot of warehousing and transport for a large furniture manufacturer (Schreiber I think) which would fit in with the timber idea. I didn’t meet Fred until after he retired (in 1975) so I don’t know too much about the firm, I have got a local newspaper article about them though from 1976.
I get claustrophobia when I look at these day cabs now, swing a cat or what :question: :exclamation:

haha! :laughing: youre right dave, they looked massive to me when i was first driving, theyre like a dinky toy now!

thats a load of rough-sawn timber under those sheets or im a monkeys uncle! :laughing: :wink: