Old Hull Haulage companys

Woodbrow from Newport

Arthur Joynson of Hull

Neill & Brown, Hull. Volvo F12

Love the brian yeardley pics chris62 did you work for him? Always loved his trucks as a kid :smiley:

JonB1973:
Love the brian yeardley pics chris62 did you work for him? Always loved his trucks as a kid :smiley:

Hei JonB

Yes i worked for Brian,i was about 7 years for him before i started for Bowker,i started when we were in greylease yard,we moved fron there to little high st,by the river,Yeardley was ok to work for,Bowkers were better

Didn’t know yeardleys where in graylease yard, what wagons where yeardleys running through your time there? Have you anymore pics?
Thanks Jon

JonB1973:
Didn’t know yeardleys where in graylease yard, what wagons where yeardleys running through your time there? Have you anymore pics?
Thanks Jon

Hei jonb

We had 2 F88’s which i drove one of them,F10’s and 2 F12 Globetrotters,Brian sold my F88 to a farmer in Pocklington,i got a new F10 then

Loved the globetrotters remember them as a kid, do you have any more pics of them days?
Ps there is a separate thread on here I think just search Brian Yeardley Continental

Wake Bros of Hull. Scania vabis LB76

scaniavabis -530:

Wake Bros, The fast & furious firm, I used to load back from them when in Hull, They were in Valleta Street IIRC, A good set of lads in those days, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

scaniavabis -530:

Wake Bros, The fast & furious firm, I used to load back from them when in Hull, They were in Valleta Street IIRC, A good set of lads in those days, Regards Larry.

Hi Larry Your memory is correct

Is this the same Wake Brothers who sent three lorries overland from the U.K. to Nigeria back in the late 1970’s. :confused:

Regards Steve.

It was, white Volvo 88/89s the story is that two were sold when they got there and only one came back but how true it is I’m not sure

Hi Spud, I am sure that we covered this epic voyage some years ago here on Trucknet but I just wondered if you could add any more input to the story. I thought that all three motors were sold in Nigeria and the drivers flew home.
The reason that I am really interested in this is because back in 1980 I was on the North Sea Ferry freighter one Friday night from Europort to Ipswich. It only took twelve accompanied drivers, the rest of the cargo were P.and O. unaccompanied trailers. There were six or seven drivers on there that night and after a couple of hours one of them had mentioned that he had driven a truck to Nigeria. This caused a bit of an argument with all the other drivers as they didn’t believe him so I asked him which way did he go and to my surprise he named the countries and the towns on the route straight out. So when this story came up on Trucknet many years later I wondered if he was one of the drivers who had worked for Wake Brothers.

Regards Steve.

Spud1960:
It was, white Volvo 88/89s the story is that two were sold when they got there and only one came back but how true it is I’m not sure

I think one did come back,i used to see it in and around Hull mid 80’s,i stand to be corrected as the grey matter gets mixed up these days :smiley:

Chris62:

Spud1960:

I think one did come back,i used to see it in and around Hull mid 80’s,i stand to be corrected as the grey matter gets mixed up these days :smiley:

Got to agree with you Chris there was one floating around Hull for quite some time afterwards

Nippress Hull

Neill & Brown. With a rental truck off Robin Gray

Wow that pic brings back great memories, Blakey’s used to hire them ivecos(think they was 190.38) big power in them days, much preferred these to anything Blakey was running in them days lol