Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Hi Jim,

Brilliant job as usual, what a talent you have, hope you and Jackie are keeping well, here is the 190-48 you did for me Gary has loaded Perpignan and his next stop will probably be the lay-by at Salieu if there is a moped parked there? :blush: :blush: Knowing his luck the Onatra driver will have beaten him to it !!

Regards
Richard

tribsa:
Hi Jim

Just briliant again mate

Dont sit in that que give me ring

Cheers
Rich

I did you didn’t ring back !

MaggieD:
Hi Jim,

Brilliant job as usual, what a talent you have, hope you and Jackie are keeping well, here is the 190-48 you did for me Gary has loaded Perpignan and his next stop will probably be the lay-by at Salieu if there is a moped parked there? :blush: :blush: Knowing his luck the Onatra driver will have beaten him to it !!

Regards
Richard

Still looks good Rich, Gary said he’s not stopping he said something about running over a moped, left it lying next to a wobbley van !
He’s alaways rushin around he is !

DISPATCHER:
Hi Jimski

Another of your high quality model looks great.
I keep trying nowhere near your standard

Didn’t know you were building them Mr Dispacther!! Looking good to me !

HI Jim

I did for about 15 mins but every time you were engaged but dont tell the wife you have got engaged lol .
Tell me when we are shipping out I will be down with the 88.

Cheers

Rich

Badger:

Jimski:

Buzzer:
Jimmer another cracking model mate but i want to set you a challenge and that is with so many models under your belt do you think you may be able to recreate Lorrain’s lorry park in model form then we can have a grand reunion with said models and owners after the Covid19 of course and maybe a wet or three, cheers Buzzer.

Hey ya Buzzer I dunno about Lorraines but I reckon I’ve built enough to fill the Townsend Thoresen Freighter ! :smiley:
Hope your all well at Tracey Island !

Jim
you will have to raffle the Pole position spot??
O/D’s 1st choice, as all the company drivers will still be in the Ferry Boat■■?
Mine’s in the porch so I can jump in her anytime I go out the door, JCB’s down to Rodez / Nimes then load wine
Jeremy

Jeremy,you’re obviously wallowing in nostalgia.When men were men & rebuilding a stripped tilt was–well it was never easy. but ending the day with bottle of wine in a Mediterranean setting always seemed to ease the difficulties
Many people have difficulty remembering what happened last week,do you recollect what you were doing 35 years ago (and I am referring to your work activities by the way) ?

roolechat:
Has anybody read this ? If so would they care to review it

Badger:

Jimski:

Buzzer:
Jimmer another cracking model mate but i want to set you a challenge and that is with so many models under your belt do you think you may be able to recreate Lorrain’s lorry park in model form then we can have a grand reunion with said models and owners after the Covid19 of course and maybe a wet or three, cheers Buzzer.

Hey ya Buzzer I dunno about Lorraines but I reckon I’ve built enough to fill the Townsend Thoresen Freighter ! :smiley:
Hope your all well at Tracey Island !

Jim
you will have to raffle the Pole position spot??
O/D’s 1st choice, as all the company drivers will still be in the Ferry Boat■■?
Mine’s in the porch so I can jump in her anytime I go out the door, JCB’s down to Rodez / Nimes then load wine
Jeremy

I think yours is due an MOT before you get on the ferry :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Jim

Another 3 months without MOTs

Cheers

Rich

Jim
Passed MOT no problem Tyres still OK as well
Jeremy

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

A couple of yours Richard. :wink:

soton ra freight.PNG

DEANB:
A couple of yours Richard. :wink:

Hi Dean,

Thanks for the pic it was a Truck Magazine article 31 years ago !! I went on to buy another 10 of them from Tilbury’s a good old fashioned main dealer, all from the same salesman Gordon Warren who used to have Warrens Transport in Southampton and saw the light sold up and became a salesman. Here’s a photo of him with one of the Turboliner’s.

Hope you are keeping well.

Regards
Richard

D142DOW.tif (1.1 MB)

Hi, Does anybody have any photos of our old Scania 124L 420, Y541 FYA, It worked Around Southampton Pulling Grain and Salt Bulk Tippers, It was operated by S.M. Trucking with a White Bulk Tipper. We Still Own it but I can’t find any photos of it working, If anybody has any photos of it from years ago it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

If this is 7.5t pay what is class 1 now, I could be tempted back.

mikey1964:
If this is 7.5t pay what is class 1 now, I could be tempted back.

:open_mouth: Beware of the stampede mind :smiley:

I think at those rates of pay quite a few might be tempted back■■?

Badger:
I think at those rates of pay quite a few might be tempted back■■?

Hi Jeremy,

You don’t want to take a pay cut !! :unamused:

Hope you and Hazel are ok ?

Regards
Richard

Thanks for the pic it was a Truck Magazine article 31 years ago !! I went on to buy another 10 of them from Tilbury’s a good old fashioned main dealer, all from the same salesman Gordon Warren who used to have Warrens Transport in Southampton and saw the light sold up and became a salesman. Here’s a photo of him with one of the Turboliner’s.
Regards

Good morning Richard, You have my old brain cells working early this morning, Did Gordon operate from a small workshop in Empress road Southampton ■■? Harvey

HRS:
Regards

Good morning Richard, You have my old brain cells working early this morning, Did Gordon operate from a small workshop in Empress road Southampton ■■? Harvey

IIRC He had the Totton By Pass filling station (BP ?) by the jnct with High St. He also was based in Empress Rd on the bend just before it becomes Imperial Rd (opp National Tyres) AM Garage & Sea Route also used this site at various times. He had some Maroon Leyland Beavers (2 pedal ?) when doing Hythe-Membury. I don’t think they were signwritten

Info. from our old mate Monty:

Nick Vosper, formerly of Armstrongs, passed away at the beginning of June.
Known nick since 1977, when I was at VOLVO. Always a quietly spoken, genial man.
RIP Nick