Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Here are a couple of photos take alongside my uncle Phil Dibden’s (RIP) house in Woolston, of the DAF he was driving for Transport Services.

Princes wrecker

Oakmount recovery Rownhams services and Southampton by the docks bridge (Millbrook)

Alford’s had several Scania 112Ms in the early 80s

Alford Scania A289 LJT.PNG

robthedog:
Ian’s F12 still looking good 40 years on

ECC92847-A26E-4AA5-9AA9-D7EE043C5C84.jpeg

C34424BA-910F-4725-BED8-1195AAB02162.jpeg

Jimski:

robthedog:
Ian’s F12 still looking good 40 years on

Another top class model as always, Jim

Hi Jim, hope you and Jackie are keeping safe…

Another cracking model, in the right setting I’d defy anyone to spot it was a model, particularly the ones you do with the “worn look” …have you got more time on your hands or are you still working hard… let’s hope that all the events and shows happen next year, I shall look forward to the locomotion one near Paris…
I doubt it’ll happen this year, but if the Pennine run goes ahead, I’ll be going with Monty in the Foden, or next year if it doesn’t…

Transferring some old photos over from tablet to computer and came across a few of Tony when he stayed with us, I miss our phone calls, as no doubt you do…take care.

roolechat:
Has anybody read this ? If so would they care to review it

Yes read this book, not a bad read worked with Chris when self employed courier at Dash-it in Onslow road Bevois Valley 20 years ago. Not read Chris’s other book yet (White Van Man).

Jimmer another cracking model mate but i want to set you a challenge and that is with so many models under your belt do you think you may be able to recreate Lorrain’s lorry park in model form then we can have a grand reunion with said models and owners after the Covid19 of course and maybe a wet or three, cheers Buzzer.

Are these still about ?

Buzzer:
Jimmer another cracking model mate but i want to set you a challenge and that is with so many models under your belt do you think you may be able to recreate Lorrain’s lorry park in model form then we can have a grand reunion with said models and owners after the Covid19 of course and maybe a wet or three, cheers Buzzer.

That would be quite a spectacle !!

robthedog:
Are these still about ?

I’m sure I’ve seen them about in the last year or so.

I passed my test with these but they had a Ford Cargo in the early 90’s.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

polytrotter:

robthedog:
Are these still about ?

Still going…Out in Fair Oak now.
Took my test in one of the Ford Cargo’s they had in 90’s…rain water would slosh from one end of dash to the other on a damp day! Painted the FH for them a few yrs later, it was shiney when i handed it over to them…honest!!

leezer1:

polytrotter:

robthedog:
Are these still about ?

Still going…Out in Fair Oak now.
Took my test in one of the Ford Cargo’s they had in 90’s…rain water would slosh from one end of dash to the other on a damp day! Painted the FH for them a few yrs later, it was shiney when i handed it over to them…honest!!

Yep in Deer park industrial estate , and the poor learners have fun getting in and out due to the queues at the tip , so do me and my co workers as well

Sent while in furlough

Fergie47:
Hi Jim, hope you and Jackie are keeping safe…

Another cracking model, in the right setting I’d defy anyone to spot it was a model, particularly the ones you do with the “worn look” …have you got more time on your hands or are you still working hard… let’s hope that all the events and shows happen next year, I shall look forward to the locomotion one near Paris…
I doubt it’ll happen this year, but if the Pennine run goes ahead, I’ll be going with Monty in the Foden, or next year if it doesn’t…

Transferring some old photos over from tablet to computer and came across a few of Tony when he stayed with us, I miss our phone calls, as no doubt you do…take care.

Hi Dave hope your both well in sunny France were both fine been on lockdown for about 9/10 weeks back to work on Monday me thinks, yes I’m still at it with the models but not as many as a few years back, Gaydon has been cancelled as it would have been mid June the other show I might venture to is the retro in Sept. that’ll be a bit of a nostalgic trip in the old Foden with Monty, bet your looking forward to that!
Yep miss my phone chats with Tony ( RIP) bless him, let me know if your coming over Dave we’ll hookup !
Stay safe

Buzzer:

Hey ya Buzzer I dunno about Lorraines but I reckon I’ve built enough to fill the Townsend Thoresen Freighter ! :smiley:
Hope your all well at Tracey Island !

Dunno if I posted this before sorry if I have.
I did Richard Greens Jameson Scania 111 back some time age now here’s a few pics.
Sorry all can’t get pics to load ■■?

Hi Jim

Just briliant again mate

Dont sit in that que give me ring

Cheers
Rich

Jimski:

Buzzer:

Hey ya Buzzer I dunno about Lorraines but I reckon I’ve built enough to fill the Townsend Thoresen Freighter ! :smiley:
Hope your all well at Tracey Island !

Jim
you will have to raffle the Pole position spot??
O/D’s 1st choice, as all the company drivers will still be in the Ferry Boat■■?
Mine’s in the porch so I can jump in her anytime I go out the door, JCB’s down to Rodez / Nimes then load wine
Jeremy

Hi Jimski

Another of your high quality model looks great.
I keep trying nowhere near your standard