Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Hi Mark thank you and I hope it brings you some happy memories of when you went with your uncle on the long trips !
Regards Jim.

Hi Jim, yes, lots of good memories of great times!
Here is the photo I mentioned of the F89 by Paul Gee.

Regards, Mark

AM14.JPG

LR Man:
Hi Jim, yes, lots of good memories of great times!
Here is the photo I mentioned of the F89 by Paul Gee.

Regards, Mark

That looks like it was taken in West Quay road, that’s Perelli’s on other side !! Me thinks :smiley:

Hi all, well done jimmer 2 more brilliant models.I havn’t forgot about my case top been away a lot and busy for the next couple of weeks but we will be down. Buzzer how is the op going are you on the mend yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, well done jimmer 2 more brilliant models.I havn’t forgot about my case top been away a lot and busy for the next couple of weeks but we will be down. Buzzer how is the op going are you on the mend yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

Fine thanks Kev you know me cant sit in a chair all day, been haylage making this week as weather good baling tomorrow then one more field to do hopefully nex week if weather holds out. Do get a few aches and pain but you tend to know what not to do, bin to fizzio and if she knew what I was doing in reality she would go mad, Buzzer

Hi All, firstly I would like to say well done Jimsky, your models are quite incredible and secondly, the reason you haven’t had any sarcastic remarks from Charlie 1 is cos he’s mucked up his password and can’t get in, that’s what happened to me,( hence the div handle).So watch this space; You never know the orical could return!!! Cheers all Andy

excellent jimski judges got it wrong both first,s love em

horaces first:
Hi All, firstly I would like to say well done Jimsky, your models are quite incredible and secondly, the reason you haven’t had any sarcastic remarks from Charlie 1 is cos he’s mucked up his password and can’t get in, that’s what happened to me,( hence the div handle).So watch this space; You never know the orical could return!!! Cheers all Andy

Hi Andy, Hope you are keeping well,that’s a relief that Charlie is ok,we hadn’t heard from him so feared the worst had happened,I organised a whip round for a wreath,I spoke to 32 old drivers and they all contributed something,and a grand total of £6.25,plus 8200 lira,4 francs,and 7 peseta’s,and a 1 gettone was raised,just shows there are still some good old boys out there.

Jim once again fantastic models,you just seem to get better every time ! Not only do they look good,but the Turbostar you made me passed it’s MOT last week :wink:

Regards
Richard

I know Meachers are still going but its a nice old pic that i thought might bring back some memories !

sotona.PNG

DEANB:
I know Meachers are still going but its a nice old pic that i thought might bring back some memories !

Hi Deanb,
Fantastic picture, well done you.
A brand new aki outside thier depot in West quay road Southampton, I bet Bob Terris (Transport manager back then) has this picture on his office wall, now of course on Nursling industrial estate.
“come on. tell us all how you got it ■■?”
Great posting pall, Harvey

DEANB:

Hi Dean, Great photo of Meachers with the MACPAC load. I carried quite a few of them
during my 3 years with Robert Baillie of Horndean. They were usually loaded to the roof
with Onions or Grapes from Spain,and the destination was often the Fruit & Vegetable
Wholesalers in Liverpool. The trailers did not have twistlocks,so we would put a chain
through the twistlock holes in the MACPAC, and tighten it with a “Sylvester”.
Ray Smyth.

I think that office under the Meachers Sign used to be Curly’s office the HGV instructor, that’s where I tooks me HGV, when I passed Curly picked up his phone rang Meachers who’s office was in yard top end, and got me a job !! Happy memories indeed ! :smiley:

Regards Jimmer

Jimski:
I think that office under the Meachers Sign used to be Curly’s office the HGV instructor, that’s where I tooks me HGV, when I passed Curly picked up his phone rang Meachers who’s office was in yard top end, and got me a job !! Happy memories indeed ! :smiley:

Regards Jimmer

Hi Jimski,
Semt you a PM a while back re Stralis,
Not to good at all this back door stuff so if you are interested a yes or no and I will get in touch again on mobile.
Cant imagine what this will be doing to all the lads who know you, ha !! Harvey

Dont know if this pic has been on before ? Dont know the company ■■

sotonbb.PNG

That was our one and only Jimski’s Dean…

DEANB:

That’s my old Volvo DEANB with a Sea Route Trailer on if memory serves !
Regards Jimski

Jimski:

DEANB:

Regards Jimski

mappo:

Found it on a french forum ! :wink:

DEANB:

Jimski:

DEANB:

Regards Jimski

mappo:

Found it on a french forum ! :wink:

Wow it’s still doing some miles then :laughing: :unamused:
R jimmer

An old pic of Meachers. I know they are still operating.