Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

charlie one:

gazzer:
This is a test for Charlie1, might give Rose a rest, enough for her to get him another cup of tea!

Good morning Gazzer.I have a new magnifying glass. Still no clue.must be Spain.

Iv’e been using a magnifying glasses for years Charlie, bit expensive on gaffa tape to hold them in place, but just got a new set of bifocals and I can read that signpost at Lands End from me bedroom window now, cheers Buzzer.

Movin’ On:

Too easy that one gazzer…

Rjacko I did get your PM but pressed a wrong button and lost it , but read your message and I cant think of any one who can help you, sorry for the delay in response cheers Buzzer.

Just along the road…

i wont answer that one gazzer, it would be cheating… lol

horaces first:
Hello fellow trucknet followers. I haven’t been on here for a long time but I do follow all your postings and very entertaining they are.I’m doing a posting today 'cos every week I chat to Charlie on skype and from time to time I ask him how his eyes are cos he stopped wearing his glasses and he said the glasses don’t make any difference at all in other words he can’t see small print and not good enough to drive either and obviously he can’t read the trucknet. Anyway I mentioned that you guys ( Maggie D,Mappo, Baldrick Jimsky) were asking after him and he asked me to post this reply to say thanks for your concern and yes if some one can give him a bell and arrange a time, he would love to get together in Alton for a cuppa and a chinwag. That’s it boys, regards Andy

Hi Andy,

Hope you are keeping well in La belle France, well today Mappo and I finally managed to get it together with Charlie and made the long trek to Alton,a good time was had by all, a lot of kms were covered we went over the Cenis about 20 times,48 ferry crossings,2,250 litres of diesel(including a plus !) ran out of running money 5 times,went round the Railway square in Prato till we were giddy,didn’t get our non quota permits stamped until we ran out of 10,000 lira notes,and unloaded 460 pallets of skins in Vicenza and Salerno,remembered everything we did on all our trips,but couldn’t remember what we had for breakfast :unamused:

Many,many characters we had met over the years were recalled with happy memories, and escapades which we wouldn’t get away with in these enlightened times of mobile phones and trackers :blush:

Some sad tales, such as GazIOW being concerned that Valerie at Salieu was two timing him with a French Coing tanker driver :blush:

Charlie’s eyesight didn’t seem too bad as he was able to read the menu at the Hen & Chicken quite easily and chat the barmaid up with no trouble.

A good day was had by all, and you were mentioned Andy,Charlie looks upon you as a son, which is quite worrying. !

As you can see from the photo,they are still the same as they were 25 years ago !

Tone had tripped over the cat this morning and hurt his foot,so he’d borrowed Charlie’s stick,anything to get a blue badge for the car.
Regards
Richard

Hi all sorry I couldn’t make it today I was on duty :laughing: the fella on the left looks familiar the elderly one with a walking stick ! I know him from some where ! Not sure about the young fella on the right :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
See you all at the Aug bash !!
R Jimmer

Jimski:
Hi all sorry I couldn’t make it today I was on duty :laughing: the fella on the left looks familiar the elderly one with a walking stick ! I know him from some where ! Not sure about the young fella on the right :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
See you all at the Aug bash !!
R Jimmer

Hi Jim
You were missed but we did drink your health,hope you and Jac are well, drop in when you get chance.
My Turbostar you made passed it’s MOT this week. !!

Regards
Richard

gazzer:
Just along the road…

That looks like Pancorbo on the old N1 in Spain. Here’s a pic of my lorry under the same edifice 15 years ago en route to Morocco. Robert

As Richard said, a great day out yesterday…we did so many miles
I,ve had to have a 24 off now…tough life innit.

Great to see those photos of the 3 Stooges.
I note that Mappo has taken to wearing " sensible shoes " with Velcro buckles… ( it’s a rip off that stuff )
As ever a fashion icon.
Very good to see Charlie looking well.

I wonder Richard…that picture of you looking benevolent … You might use that as a frontpiece photo for your new " in chambers " brochure …

I quite agree Balders, he does look rather the intellectual type with hint of mischievous about him :laughing:
Glad she passed another dodgy M.O.K. Richard, she may need tyres soon !! :unamused: just use your DKV card

R Jimmer

Baldrick1953:
Great to see those photos of the 3 Stooges.
I note that Mappo has taken to wearing " sensible shoes " with Velcro buckles… ( it’s a rip off that stuff )
As ever a fashion icon.
Very good to see Charlie looking well.

I wonder Richard…that picture of you looking benevolent … You might use that as a frontpiece photo for your new " in chambers " brochure …

Hi Balders,

Thank you for your advice,I shall certainly use that photo for my “Sue,Grabbit & Run” practice at my new office at the rear of Droxford Railway Station,I noticed carved on an old railway sleeper “Stuart was ere” which I’m sure you know nothing about ?
I’m sorry you and Jim couldn’t join us,but be warned I have a case in Ireland in September and may bring these two over to see you,I’ll let you know the date so you can arrange to be out !!

Regards
Richard

Buzzer:
Rjacko I did get your PM but pressed a wrong button and lost it , but read your message and I cant think of any one who can help you, sorry for the delay in response cheers Buzzer.

Hello Buzzer
No problem thanks for getting back to me.Hopefully i will post some photos soon.
Regards Jacko

Richard.

With your legal background and expertise you will surely know that any questions regarding my younger days in and around Droxford/ Soberton area would be met with a firm " No Comment "…

Regarding your pics of Tone and Charlie and a possible visit to Ireland…
DO bring them .
Vaudeville is still alive and well here and you may have a novelty " Vent " act on your hands there… :astonished: :laughing: :open_mouth:

" try it one more time Tone… Gottle o’ Geer…"

Cheeky bugger Stu…i have to say that the amateur photographer didn,t quite get my good side…
Plus , what chance have i got stood next to a fine looking chap like Charlie…lol

Hope you,re ok mate, i,ve been brushing up on my pigeon French in anticipation of visiting Fergie
in September… 65 years old and its my first trip over the water in a car…
I think Brittany,s have put me on the waiting list…lol

mappo:

I think Brittany have put you on the wanted list… :unamused:

Fergie47:

mappo:

I think Brittany have put you on the wanted list… :unamused:

I

Dave illegal immigrants spring to mind, JD.