Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Hi Tribsa I’d like to but real busy this year so gotta give it a miss !! :frowning:

Jimmer

I’m sure that the August Bash will be on the 30th of August this year.

I have smuggled a litre of Soberano into the country for auctioning, start saving your dosh!

See ya there Gazzer, and everyone else of course…looking forward to it.

I,m off to visit Fergie and Liz in September, ferry already booked Ports. / Caen.

Look out France .!!!

mappo:
See ya there Gazzer, and everyone else of course…looking forward to it.

I,m off to visit Fergie and Liz in September, ferry already booked Ports. / Caen.

Look out France .!!!

Yeeee Haaa !!! I’m gonna warn the gendarmerie your coming Tony so the can get that big list of unpaid fines you owe them !! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
Make sure them Wanted posters are back up !!

R Jimmer

Dont worry about that Jim, i,ve renewed my passport in the name of Jimski.
If i get a tug, i,ll just tell em that i,m a friend of Richard Evans.
That should get me an ■■■■■■ to Fergies door… lol

When you going Tone? I go back in Sept. I could be influenced to catch the same ferry!

On the 10th Gazzer…0815 ferry to Caen.

Sounds about right Tone, depending on Harvest. I’ll bear it in mind.

gazzer:
Sounds about right Tone, depending on Harvest. I’ll bear it in mind.

Oh no !! :unamused: :unamused:

hi tony, that scania looks like one of crewkern transports old motors, might be wrong though, :unamused: but i also used to load tomatoes off the dock at Weymouth,they were in wicker baskets and once you had sheeted them you had to use corner boards otherwise the top layer used to get squashed,when you put the old dolly on the ropes and pulled down, and your right them loads were as high as double deckers,must admit i cant every remember seeing any Jameson trucks down there either mate,and as for the trade plate up in the window of that scania :open_mouth: :open_mouth: all sorts of going ons were carried out by subbies on chivers, used to run to istanbul and tunis for them, dont miss it now though :laughing: :laughing: Fergie: nice to hear from you my old china, East Anglia not latvia mucker :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Bev, i,ve just sent you an e mail mate…

Bit of a late update on my trek:
Had a night in a hotel in the centre of Bayonne.(57€)
Up through N10 plus Le Mans and Le Fleche to Le Havre via Pont de Normandie (“We’re not going over THAT are we?”).
The Routiers in Le Havre is closed and up for sale.
Went to Le Ferry Boat, nice chap there said Chantal spends 6 months in Corsica, 6 months in Le Havre.
Had a meal on the Quai de Southampton before getting on the Etretat (Brittany Ferries, ex DFDS semi freighter) with cabin £160.
For the cost conscious, 150€ tolls and fuel one way 1900km

Hello fellow trucknet followers. I haven’t been on here for a long time but I do follow all your postings and very entertaining they are.I’m doing a posting today 'cos every week I chat to Charlie on skype and from time to time I ask him how his eyes are cos he stopped wearing his glasses and he said the glasses don’t make any difference at all in other words he can’t see small print and not good enough to drive either and obviously he can’t read the trucknet. Anyway I mentioned that you guys ( Maggie D,Mappo, Baldrick Jimsky) were asking after him and he asked me to post this reply to say thanks for your concern and yes if some one can give him a bell and arrange a time, he would love to get together in Alton for a cuppa and a chinwag. That’s it boys, regards Andy

gazzer:
Bit of a late update on my trek:
Had a night in a hotel in the centre of Bayonne.(57€)
Up through N10 plus Le Mans and Le Fleche to Le Havre via Pont de Normandie (“We’re not going over THAT are we?”).
The Routiers in Le Havre is closed and up for sale.
Went to Le Ferry Boat, nice chap there said Chantal spends 6 months in Corsica, 6 months in Le Havre.
Had a meal on the Quai de Southampton before getting on the Etretat (Brittany Ferries, ex DFDS semi freighter) with cabin £160.
For the cost conscious, 150€ tolls and fuel one way 1900km

Gazzer that’s pretty impressive on cost think you could almost out do Spadger in that department, if you want to do a trip or two holiday relief speak to Horry plus you don’t get dirty and he will be pleased if you can save that sort of dosh, Buzzer.

PS.On another note there was a posting from Charlie on Davies thread today and Rose explained Charlie’s situation too date SO HAVE A LOOK.

Thanks for the heads up on a sortie abroad. I would indeed enjoy it.

Here’s a not too difficult photo to recognise.

P1000434.JPG

No…brains on a go slow…Give us a clue Gazzer.

Jeez that makes a change Tone…I’ll leave it a bit…

This is a test for Charlie1, might give Rose a rest, enough for her to get him another cup of tea!

No takers on the Restaurant in the photo (no not you Mappo), it was at the top of the Somosierra but due to very limited parking, very few stopped there.

gazzer:
This is a test for Charlie1, might give Rose a rest, enough for her to get him another cup of tea!

Good morning Gazzer.I have a new magnifying glass. Still no clue.must be Spain.