Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Hello Richard thanks for the post I’m glad the get together went well as confirmed by Charlie on Thursday .Regards to Angie. All the best Andy.

Twins or Steptoe and Son?

Hi all Nick Ireland sent these pics to me, hope you’ve all ordered his “Trucks in the 80’s” blinding book !!
This wasn’t you was it Charlie ■■ you might know who it was !!

Jimski:
Hi all Nick Ireland sent these pics to me, hope you’ve all ordered his “Trucks in the 80’s” blinding book !!
This wasn’t you was it Charlie ■■ you might know who it was !!

Hi Jim

Looks like Charlie, trailer dropped and gone home bobtail on a dodgy !!

Regards
Richard

Could it be Nick Procter when Jameson was at Cheetham Hill? Not sure. Dodgy nights Richard. Not me! Straight as a dogs hind leg.Regards Charlie. :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Richard, Charlie on a dodgy ! What with log books being used ! No way you can’t fiddle them mate ! :unamused:
Snodland to southampton in 30 mins :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Good old days !!

Jimski:
Hi Richard, Charlie on a dodgy ! What with log books being used ! No way you can’t fiddle them mate ! :unamused:
Snodland to southampton in 30 mins :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Good old days !!

Yes Jim dropped trailer and was 2400 Kms away in Alton :blush:
Regards
Richard

Blimey Rich 2400 klicks ! Still no worry 45 mins driving with alog book ! :laughing: happy days !

Hi All,

Just a photo of Dave Howard coming of the ferry,to stop us dropping off page 1.

Regards
Richard

I have some photos courtesy of Stewart Hellawell, Mick Hellawell’s son. Most will go on the ASR thread (when I can find it)!

Here’s a start.

Cabin, ■■■■, booze, dinner and breakfast vouchers.
Oh and someone who dindn’t hand in their Waterguard ticket.

Great stuff gazzer …those were the days…

I,ve got an old Waterguard ticket myself somewhere.

Looking at it I see it’s “The Doric”, what a tub!

Came across this pic ages ago on F/B…cant remember whos it was…

A well known Southampton haulier…or used to be…

Mappo , looks like Norman Offer colours to me . Cheers Dennis .

Must have been a special truck in her day ! Personal number plate NOT Norman Offer Transport?
R Jimmer

Jimski:
Must have been a special truck in her day ! Personal number plate NOT Norman Offer Transport?
R Jimmer

Norman (not a lot to offer) the old man was ok, the son a different breed, JD

This photo contains the Solent Shipping and Transport FIAT. Which, according to traniht belonged to Bob Payne.

Thats a blast from the past gazzer, seeing that Fiat again…

I assume that our annual bash will be well attended this year, hope so it
will be good to see everyone again…

I’ll be there ! :smiley:

Hi all glad to see your all still on here and fighting fit.It seems your are enjoying your retirement mappo bet you never realized being home all day could keep you so busy. Has any one reminded Mr Sheppard that he is going to be descended upon there is always a chance he has forgotten he is getting old like the rest of us. Unfortunately i can’t make it this year but hope you all have a good time.Any one wanting to leave a drink behind the bar for me please feel free to do so and i will go over at a later date and have them. Thanks in advance all have a good time and hopefully i will see you all next year. :laughing: