I think the Gardners finally got me

All the best for tomorrow Dave,wishing for a quick recovery ! :wink:

Good luck dave I hope you get well soon regards rowly ward

All the best for tomorrow Dave, you can beat it mate ! Kind regards Dennis.

All the very best for tomorrow Dave.

Keep your spirits up.

E.W.

All the best for tomorrow, Dave.

The force of TruckNet be with you, old mate! Robert

All the very Best for tomorrow Dave we are all routing for you and we know you can beat this.Looking forward to seeing you back on here as soon has you have recovered.Cheers John.(Stanfield)

rigsby:
Been in and out of hospitals as an outpatient for a month now . Been prodded , poked , injected and more oscopies than I can shake a stick at . The upshot is that I have lung cancer . If it’s not treated it will kill me in a year , chemotherapy would be so intense that that would kill me . So the only option is major surgery , seeing the surgeon Tuesday ad he will tell me when . If I come through it I shall be months recovering. Not after sympathy , just telling it as it was told to me . they say that smoking is a secondary cause behind the long term effect of smoke and pollution involved in transport over many years . Wish me luck , Dave

Hiya,
Riggers my old mate have got your message of the 1st Sept and was going to wait until the 1st Oct before I said anything to all our pals on here but thankfully you have saved me what would have been a hard post to word and publish for me, but glad to see your still upbeat and getting the best possible treatment. I just know your’e going to come out of this and have as I have a good many years ahead of you the hardest part for me was the chemotherapy which almost saw me off when only part way through I developed pneumonia and it was touch and go for a few days after being rushed to hospital which delayed my surgery for a while something to do with having a very low immune system brought on by the very intense chemo program, your’e missing the Chemo Riggers and it to me was the hardest part for me and apart from the bit where it was stopped due to the illness that did develop as a result I felt ill every single day I took the tablets and each weekend when I had to overnight in hospital when I was tabletted and injected with what looked like pints of a clear and a pink liquid I felt totally rotten. The surgery was no problem for me and was back home in under three weeks and apart for regular check-ups have had no problems since, get well soon mate.
Regards Harry
thanks harry, long retired.

It is the 27th. I wish you all the best today.

I had a Prostate cancer diagnosed last year. I was told it was quite a late diagnosis so we could go Chemo, that might have worked, or an operation to simply remove it. Chose the latter. Best choice I made. I think you will be fine. Your positive attitude is very valuable and will help you get over this.

I sincerely hope that your op goes as well as it possibly can.

Hiya,
Thinking of our friend “Riggers” today, must be a worrying time for his family,hope to hear something soon.

harry_gill:
Hiya,
Thinking of our friend “Riggers” today, must be a worrying time for his family,hope to hear something soon.

Lets hope everything has gone well for Dave.

Anybody heard anything?

Anyone heard any news of how things went with Daves op ? 5th day now .

An update , had the op on Wednesday , was in High Dependency Unit for 2 days and then a surgical ward . Been a good boy , done everything I’ve been told , and was sent home yesterday . District Nurse will be round to remove the stitches soon . The surgeon says they try to get us home asap because of the rate of infections in hospital . It will be a long recovery back to full health , but at least I will have a long time now . So many thanks for all your well wishes and words of encouragement , when things look grim , you find out who your friends are ! Dave

Bl**dy good show Dave! Well done! We need you to help keep these young 'uns in line!

Steve

Great news Dave,speedy recovery mate ! :laughing: :wink:

Dave

That is really great & positive 1 st step news.

Great to hear from you, Wishing you all the very best for your recovery period.

Don’t forget were all here for you on Trucknet when needed.

Remember to rest as instructed now Dave, that is what is important now.

Take Care & Best Wishes.

E.W.

Great news Dave. Expecting more posts now that you have time on yer hands. [emoji3]

Get well soon
Johnny

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Great news Dave heres to a speedy recovery all the best mate
Stanfield (John)

Best news we’ve had on this forum since I joined. Well pleased for you and your nearest and dearest. Get well soon and enjoy getting waited on -(perhaps!) Jim