UPDATE

If you’re following my cancer odyssey. Obviously I’m still here. My oncologist feels my cancer is progressing and that means my toxic chemo has been stopped. It’s doing me more harm than good. Had a CT scan today to see what’s what. I find out in 2 weeks if I’m going on a weaker mix or decide to cash in the meal vouchers. Not feeling good but still up for fun. Stay safe lads and lasses. Ade.

Good luck Ade, it knocks me out to see how matter of fact you are with your illness. I wish you well.

Hi Vern fingers crossed for you, I’ve been clear of this disease for 2.5 years now feeling good I worry it may return but got to get on with life, one thing I was told to do was have a daily dose of vitamin c a male needs about 90 mgs per day , a kiwi fruit is about that amount , might be worth trying? Good luck and take care.

Stay strong big man [emoji123]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers fellers.

glad to see you are still around mate…with youre tenacity to the ■■■■■■■ disease i’m sure you will give it a battle…

p.s s o t v … and K R O :wink: :laughing:

Small heath ■■■

Glad to see you are still around.

Just had an unexpected brusk with the grim reaper myself…the NHS had to give me a pacemaker for my 60th birthday.

For once, I filled in my tax form and sent £X000 to the Government without it stinging too much.

bigvern1:
Small heath ■■■

:unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

glad to see the brummie humour is still there mate… :sunglasses:

Good to hear from you, keep fighting Vern

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Good to hear from you again. Are you turning into a jigsaw expert during your hospital visits? There are some in our local oncology dept. Put a few pieces in each visit, then return to see more completed as you’ve been away. A communal effort with others you’ve never seen!
On strong doses of chemo it really knocks you back, but coming off, or into a smaller dose you’ll get some more zip back. Might even get enough energy for word-searches or crosswords!

Best wishes Vern, your positive attitude is a lesson the us all . Regards Kev.

Hang in there, chemo messed me up, went on to low dose and felt miles better, then after bloods and scans the oncologist told me , eat the hell what you want, do what you want and stick two fingers up to this vile disease.

Well that was 5 years ago my attitude changed for the better.
I retired, for a bit , then sod it went back part time on my terms (really to out and about and see old mates ) so nice to say " not today thanks".

I know I’ve still got a case of the “sniffles” still get bloods done every six months and occasional scans,but Fugg it.

Vern, you sound like you have the right attitude , stick with it we’re all rooting for you.

Ps I must add the only thing that was annoying was getting left with erectile dysfunction, but the wife soon accepted it :stuck_out_tongue:

Keep on keeping on mate, best wishes.

Best wishes Bigvern.

Great to have an update. :smiley:

Keep it up fella, and remember to laugh at the sum ■■■■■ and tell it that you will be the winner.

Ken.

Don’t know what to say really. Hang on in there. Hope for the best, plan for the worst. If there’s anything on your bucket list then go for it.

Look into GcMaff it’s a natural substance found in our bodies but isn’t produced when you develop cancer the uk drug safety people have persecuted by them because big pharma would loose billions of £££ the BBC as ever are FAKE NEWS scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.or … acle-cure/

tommy t:
Look into GcMaff it’s a natural substance found in our bodies but isn’t produced when you develop cancer the uk drug safety people have persecuted by them because big pharma would loose billions of £££ the BBC as ever are FAKE NEWS scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.or … acle-cure/

Gcmaf? Yes, research it.
Wikipedia shows it up as a scam.
UK Medicines and Healthcare warn against it.
Cancer Research UK warns against it.
Anticancer Belgium warns against it.
A factory in Cambridge was closed down by UK regulatory authorities.
Big Pharma has serious issues.
But smaller companies are quick to turn a profit too.
Don’t support lying cheating scumbags who want to turn a profit from those suffering a serious illness.

I’d never try anything “just because.” My cancer will kill me, but not yet!