Today should be fun

Well today is the day I go and see the Neurlogist (sp), i managed to break my collarbone and humerus bone and bite my tounge in my sleep and they think i may have had a fit. The thing im most scared of is them taking my hgv licence off me, I have no idea what I would do if they did!

Will let you know what they say.

Good luck Potter.
It would seem a large percentage of us have some sort of health problem,which serves to cause worry about retaining your vocational licence.
Be posative and take all the advice given by the medics.
Here’s hoping for a favourable outcome.

@Potter, best of luck at the Neurologist,mate, as for the losing of the Licence
I am in the same position , trying my hardest to see if I can still drive but the
quacks have set their minds that I can not due to the various aliments that I suffer from ,You may be surprised and it may not be so bad as you think, If it does turn out bad what about working in the office if this is possible. or what about retraining to teach the new drivers course about the EU–CPC for Drivers,
they will need teachers and people with experience in the job will be welcomed.
once again all the best mate ,

Thanks for the replys, im trying to look on the bright side, will let you all know how I get on.

well just got back and its not good news im afraid, the neurologist thinks its some kind of epilepsy, been told that I have to inform the DVLA and they are gonna take my HGV license off me for 10 years and my car licence for a year minimum :cry: . Gotta have en EEG and a brain scan to see if they can figure out whats up with me. Gotta take some tablets as well. The only plus point is that I can still drink and go on the rides at theme parks!! :smiley: :smiley:

Sorry to go on.

I don’t think there is much I can say that will make you feel any better except that I hope there is a remedy that can keep it under control enough for you to get your licences back.

Do I remember correctly that it is not long since you got your C+E ■■?

yeah Rog, passed it last May, I think I can get my car licence back after a year, providing I dont have any turns. Im just trying to figure out what if any benefits im entitled to.

that’s why i don’t go for psychological assesments.
you never know what them doctors are going to find. :laughing:

good luck.

That’s rotten luck Potter, hope things work out for you.

Good luck mate :wink:

sorry to hear ur news potter
hope things sort them selves out pretty quickly mate

@Potter , is this any good LINK

Try this FIRST it has some good inffo which may be of use for you,

No words, just (((HUGS))) from someone else who’s driving career is about to hit the buffers once and for all.

Thats terrible news mate really sorry to hear that :frowning: , its one of my worst fears losing my licence through ill health, chin up buddy :exclamation:

Potter - hows thing going with you - have you got anything sorted :question:

not yet Rog, im trying to get it sorted, the main problem im having is getting it diagnosed, they dont know exactly what it is, they are waiting on a diagnosis. Ive got my MRI scan appoinment coming up soon so maybe that will sort it. Im having problems with the insurance company regarding my mortgate but im trying to sort that!!

Potter:
Im having problems with the insurance company regarding my mortgate but im trying to sort that!!

Let me guess - there is a clause in the mortgage insurance that says they must have an MRI or CT scan of your condition to prove it :question:

That’s why I get nowt - MRI or CT scans do do not show weak muscles - only ones that are, for instance, ripped or severely damaged :exclamation:

ROG:

Potter:
Im having problems with the insurance company regarding my mortgate but im trying to sort that!!

Let me guess - there is a clause in the mortgage insurance that says they must have an MRI or CT scan of your condition to prove it :question:

That’s why I get nowt - MRI or CT scans do do not show weak muscles - only ones that are, for instance, ripped or severely damaged :exclamation:

all they asked for was a photocopy of my sick notes, ive been in today to get them and posted them so it should be sorted!