Eddie stobart job cuts

merc0447:

cliffton 27:
been told today stoke have having it next 75 trampers out the door and planning are going too :frowning:

So 100 which was confirmed plus an extra 75 plus how many planning jobs. That is a significant amount of people even if the are changing the ethos from tramper to day/night man shouldn’t be that many jobs. Have stobart lost a major contract?

Me being a nosey [zb] i also had a look at their share price looks like a steep cliff and downhill steep cliff :wink:

not on chilled,we seem to be getting more work/contracts,which is strange why there chucking all this ambient on us,its as if there seeing how much work you can get out of a 24/7 depot,

ady1:

merc0447:

cliffton 27:
been told today stoke have having it next 75 trampers out the door and planning are going too :frowning:

So 100 which was confirmed plus an extra 75 plus how many planning jobs. That is a significant amount of people even if the are changing the ethos from tramper to day/night man shouldn’t be that many jobs. Have stobart lost a major contract?

Me being a nosey [zb] i also had a look at their share price looks like a steep cliff and downhill steep cliff :wink:

not on chilled,we seem to be getting more work/contracts,which is strange why there chucking all this ambient on us,its as if there seeing how much work you can get out of a 24/7 depot,

Probably won’t need as many motors when Ady1 kicks off as an “O/D” so they are clearing the decks beforehand surely !!

Clifton,you’ll be ok with Carlisle planning you,they are not that bad,you’ll have to cover all the tramping work out of Cannock as we’ll all be on days in the new year.
I personally give them 12mths before it folds,more interested in everything but the distribution.
I mentioned to a manager that l’ll be looking for another job as I don’t think days will suit me,he just said at least you’ve got a job on days whilst you look,what a lovely attitude and what a nice man!!
Edward would be turning in his grave the way the middle management speak and treat us now.

ady1:

Really? Is that why Alcester laid off 16 drivers last week?

m4rky:

ady1:

i think they were new starters…makeing way for was trampers!

I’m new here and WOW! what a thread.

I’ve had the pleasure of driving for Eddie Stobart on and off for many years as an agency driver and have witnessed many changes.
I remember the old subbies who used to have registrations ending in “ESL” who basically all looked dead on their feet, I also recall the demise of these ESL liveried self employed owner driver workers.

ESL used to be a one man owned company that was growing at a steady rate, it got to the point where it attracted the interest of the money men who just see numbers and nothing else. Greed took over and the company was split open like a tarts legs and it rapidly turned into a fast expanding monster intent on global ■■■■■■■■■■.
Wages turned around and started to go backwards, after all ,it is a pleasure to drive for Eddie and you should be honoured to be associated with the company, god forbid you actually want paying for working here.

Stobarts is today commonly thought of as a crap payer with employees who are just your average bling merchants, they must be after all becasue who else would work for such meagre wages?
Even agency drivers refuse to work there because the rates have seen such a ■■■■■■ that Jack the ripper would be embarrassed to even look at them. Rumours are rife of them losing the Tesco contract, there are even whispers of losing the Coke one too.
Depots are offloading drivers like Syria dropping protesters and yet Stobarts advertise for subbies.

Where do I sign?

We had a chilled driver in our place this week, I think from Corby?, and he was saying they are mega short of units and they rang Crick to get one from them and they were told to hire one in even though there are 150+ sat at Crick doing nothing. An ambient driver came in and asked if we were taking on :open_mouth:

jase:
Clifton,you’ll be ok with Carlisle planning you,they are not that bad,you’ll have to cover all the tramping work out of Cannock as we’ll all be on days in the new year.
I personally give them 12mths before it folds,more interested in everything but the distribution.
I mentioned to a manager that l’ll be looking for another job as I don’t think days will suit me,he just said at least you’ve got a job on days whilst you look,what a lovely attitude and what a nice man!!
Edward would be turning in his grave the way the middle management speak and treat us now.

yea i know what you mean pal my ops had a go at me yesterday cos i told him a was parked up after 9 hrs of work he was going on about people loosing there jobs etc and im moaning to him about being parked up despite the fact it was his idea in the first place that if your parked up early you report it to him :confused:
i just said fair enough its ■■■■ that people are loosing there jobs and all that but i have come to work and there is no point tramping if im doing 9 hrs i may as well be home every night :unamused:

a driver who works for the same agency as me used to work for stobarts out of goole, he left stobarts about 3 months ago, he said he jacked it because they had their hours cut, he reckoned he was only getting 40 hours max a week

ady1:

commonrail:
they`re trying to give u advice but u seem unwilling to accept it

there not trying to give me advice at all,there just trying to belittle someone whos prepared to try and better himself,why,because of there own failures to better themselfes,they hate the fact i will suceed where they havent.
which is where im different to them,id be telling that person,BEST of luck,hope you achieve what t
you want,if you dont at least youve tried.
whereas all there thoughts are HOPE he fails,then we cant rip the [zb] out of him.
whatever they say,im a better person than theyll ever be thats for sure :exclamation:

:open_mouth: So I take it that you didn,t bother to read my last post I directed to you then Ady ? Or am I included in the 99.9% of useless zbs who no nowt about the job that you speak of ■■

starfighter:
We had a chilled driver in our place this week, I think from Corby?, and he was saying they are mega short of units and they rang Crick to get one from them and they were told to hire one in even though there are 150+ sat at Crick doing nothing. An ambient driver came in and asked if we were taking on :open_mouth:

Not quite sure where he gets the 150 trucks sat doing nothing from. The majority of trucks parked during the week are those that are used by the weekend trampers - around 30. They only get used if neccesary (this time of year it will be necessary). The last time Crick lent trucks to Corby, they came back with panels missing, and insides that resembled a rubbish tip.

Having said that, the yard at Crick always looks full. This could be something to do with the trampers from other depots having their daily rest. 132 one night last week - just wish we could charge them :wink:

officeboy1:

starfighter:

Not quite sure where he gets the 150 trucks sat doing nothing from. The majority of trucks parked during the week are those that are used by the weekend trampers - around 30. They only get used if neccesary (this time of year it will be necessary). The last time Crick lent trucks to Corby, they came back with panels missing, and insides that resembled a rubbish tip.

Having said that, the yard at Crick always looks full. This could be something to do with the trampers from other depots having their daily rest. 132 one night last week - just wish we could charge them :wink:

as your obviously in the know/office, is there any truth in the rumour of hundreds of new trucks/trailers being ordered :question: [or is this part of a previous order],as for your[crick] trucks getting damaged at corby,hopefully not using bay 2 may remedey that problem :wink:

robroy:

ady1:

commonrail:
they`re trying to give u advice but u seem unwilling to accept it

there not trying to give me advice at all,there just trying to belittle someone whos prepared to try and better himself,why,because of there own failures to better themselfes,they hate the fact i will suceed where they havent.
which is where im different to them,id be telling that person,BEST of luck,hope you achieve what t
you want,if you dont at least youve tried.
whereas all there thoughts are HOPE he fails,then we cant rip the [zb] out of him.
whatever they say,im a better person than theyll ever be thats for sure :exclamation:

:open_mouth: So I take it that you didn,t bother to read my last post I directed to you then Ady ? Or am I included in the 99.9% of useless zbs who no nowt about the job that you speak of ■■

no,i had you down as part of the .1%, :wink:

5RRF:

m4rky:

ady1:

phew,you saved me :wink: :laughing: ,just the answer i was going to give :exclamation:

ady1:

5RRF:

m4rky:

ady1:

phew,you saved me :wink: :laughing: ,just the answer i was going to give :exclamation:

Even faced with the truth you are still a ■■■■■■■ dreamer :confused:

officeboy1:

There you go, an instant revenue stream from the new owner drivers, 132 x ÂŁ25 = ÂŁ3300 :laughing:

m4rky:

ady1:

we were only saying a week or two ago,how many more drivers are they going to take on,its fine taking on fulltime drivers casual in summer when loads are on holiday,but what do you do with them all in winter when you have a full crew,i remember when stobarts took over they stopped having spare drivers on rotas,of late weve had 4/5 per day extra.
on top of that runs have changed
i.e alferton
6/7/8 hrs waiting for coll
worksop
now
bradford
alferton
derby
j27
worksop[or thats what i did other day
now there slowly stopping the sitting/sleeping for hours on end,they want the truck moving,obviously if your all doing more,you eventually need less trucks/drivers
you have officeboy saying corby are requesting more trucks,i am being sent down there now on a regular basis to work out of corby,as are other drivers
we havent got enough trucks
alcester you obviously know more than me, i havent been there i guess for 2 ish years[thank god]
:wink: ,next time ill put my depot,not chilled :wink: :laughing:

m4rky:

ady1:

5RRF:

m4rky:

ady1:

Even faced with the truth you are still a [zb] dreamer :confused:

what is your concern anyway,youve left,well i think you said you had :question: ,i dont spend my days worried about b+q,salvos,irlams etc,etc,etc so why are you bothered,if it goes bust,i loose my job,loads of others do,but your still fine,just look on the bright side of life,youve moved on too better things,look too the future,leave stobarts behind, i know when/if i leave ill not give it a 2 nd thought other than remembering to pay my spotters suscription every year :wink:

You couldn’t be more wrong :frowning:

I’m actually thinking about all of the drivers loosing their jobs so close to Christmas and what a ■■■■ time they and their families must be having.

I can’t think of a worse thing as many of them have been extremely loyal to Stobart’s and must feel betrayed.

And in the same breath they are toying with the idea of having franchises - ■■■■■■■

m4rky:
You couldn’t be more wrong :frowning:

I’m actually thinking about all of the drivers loosing their jobs so close to Christmas and what a [zb] time they and their families must be having.

I can’t think of a worse thing as many of them have been extremely loyal to Stobart’s and must feel betrayed.

And in the same breath they are toying with the idea of having franchises - [zb]

nice to see someone is thinking how it affects the workers it is a ■■■■ time but every firm has its hey day and maybe stobarts have had theres i hope im wrong by the way
it dont make sense 12 months ago they were looking at complete ■■■■■■■■■■ venturing into new things have they pushed to hard to fast or is it a case of a major streamlining within the firm :question: