Eddie srobart

About 2 weeks ago I posted on here to say I passed my class 1 having had my class 2 for 9 years… Iv applied for a few jobs with big company’s and filled a few online application forms in but to be honest I’m in no rush and I’ll wait for the right opportunity to come along but thought I’d apply anyway to see if anyone’s intrested with the vast majority wanted experience e.t.c. Iv had some interest of Eddie stobart and received and email today to say Iv been taken to the next stage for an interview and driving assessment and I’d just like some input on what they pay and what they are like to work for? As Iv heard mix reviews about them I thought I’d ask you guys

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

And yes Iv just noticed I spelt stobart wrong lol… Dam phone!!!

Hit the search button, or pin your ears back. You’ll have users come on salting them, for anything from wages, through trucks to the uniforms. Then you’ll have some of their drivers, moaning about planners or defending the wages. I think it says more about the individual than the firm. I’ve always said, one mans meat is another’s poison. You have to try things for yourself. If they had a depot in my town, and I thought the job looked ok, I’d try it. And I’ve dished out my share of green death stick in the past. From my point of view, the tramping work looks like it’s the last of that type of work. All corners of the country in one week. In your position I’d give it a go

Stobard’s are good for noobs to get experience. It’s how I got started.

The pay is dire and if you search for our resident Super Stobard Driver called dozy you’ll see his tales of being lead a merry dance every day of every week. They’ve also recently had their O License curtailed for tacho offences. Bit of a cowboy outfit really and nothing like what you see on the TV. First shift I ever did for them was over 17 hours. I’ve also been asked by them to extend past 15 hours by not putting card in at beginning of shift.

A stepping stone at best.

Cheers fella’s it’s not sounding too good then I can’t afford to take a drop in money why is the pay so dire?

Pay is dire cos it’s run by a scarecrow in a suit. As people have said though it’s a start but stick up for yourself from day one we already have one Dozy.

Ideal for getting experience, but take heed of what has been said on here already.
My knowledge of them is admittedly not first hand, but based on accounts of 2 friends who have a total of 35 years employment with Stobarts between them, so nevertheless true.

Prepare to be severely ■■■■ ed about by so called ‘planners’ (most of which in real terms could not plan a ■■■■ up in a brewery) and bear in mind that your re.action to, and how you deal with their attempts at pushing you, will determine if or not you will be happy in your job…ref dozy.

Most importantly to quote ‘Public Enemy’…Don’t believe the hype’. :bulb:

Good advice from the fella’s on here regarding Stobart’s. The pay in fairness is not too bad, but you will get spoken to like something you have stepped in by the planners. And when you make it clear to them that you want a word with them outside, they crap themselves and grass you up to management.

Work is very clean and easy, but if you are easily bored the job will do your head in. You are very often parked up for long periods awaiting further ’ orders '.

Keep an eye on your daily wage too. You are paid from when your Isotrak is logged on. Very often you will get in for say 6am, but there will be no units available until 8am. So MAKE SURE your planner manually adjusts your start time on his computer, otherwise Uncle William will pocket your readys.

eagerbeaver:
Good advice from the fella’s on here regarding Stobart’s. The pay in fairness is not too bad, but you will get spoken to like something you have stepped in by the planners. And when you make it clear to them that you want a word with them outside, they crap themselves and grass you up to management.

Work is very clean and easy, but if you are easily bored the job will do your head in. You are very often parked up for long periods awaiting further ’ orders '.

Keep an eye on your daily wage too. You are paid from when your Isotrak is logged on. Very often you will get in for say 6am, but there will be no units available until 8am. So MAKE SURE your planner manually adjusts your start time on his computer, otherwise Uncle William will pocket your readys.

And that’s why your an ex worker

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I get the feeling you are trying to make a point mate…care to elaborate?

eagerbeaver:
I get the feeling you are trying to make a point mate…care to elaborate?

Because you dared to be different and could think for your self
I’m not dissing you mate as you’ve gone on to better things

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol. Didn’t think you were mate, just didn’t get what you meant!

As for better things, I am still searching for my ideal job within haulage. Considering I have only held my CE for a year and a bit, I have driven loads of different units and pulled quite a few different types of trailer.

The chaps on here are very experienced, and reading between the lines I get the impression from most that you have to kick a few shots before you score. But I would agree that Stobart’s is decent for newbies to gain experience.

So all in all its a good start for newbies… feels weird been called a newbie when Iv been driving trucks all around the country for 9 years but for class 1 driving that I am… As for been pushed around and spoke to like a tool I won’t stand for that don’t get me wrong I can put a shift in but I’m not a yes man either

Berty:
So all in all its a good start for newbies… feels weird been called a newbie when Iv been driving trucks all around the country for 9 years but for class 1 driving that I am… As for been pushed around and spoke to like a tool I won’t stand for that don’t get me wrong I can put a shift in but I’m not a yes man either

Yeh sorry mate, I forgot your bit about 9 years rigid experience.
That should, and will, stand you in good stead for any driving job, and you sound as if you have your head screwed on when it comes to dealing with attempted pressure put on.

Class 2 to 1 is not as big a deal as you maybe think, just the same basically, except a bit longer, and of course the reversing, but that will soon become second nature, so don’t bother your arse about it mate.
Good luck.

They just had a or are in the process of receiving a pay rise, £8.52hr mon-fri days upto £11.76 Sunday’s, have to work an extra 12 shifts per tax year so one a month.
Good route in for LGV 1 newbies to get experience, good kit.

wheelyb:
They just had a or are in the process of receiving a pay rise, £8.52hr mon-fri days upto £11.76 Sunday’s, have to work an extra 12 shifts per tax year so one a month.
Good route in for LGV 1 newbies to get experience, good kit.

whoa, back up a bit.

Is that 12 compulsory extra shifts per year minimum, on top of a 5 day week maximising POA so could be a bloody long week already?

It just gets better…no i’m not taking the ■■■■ cos we all had to start somewhere, but they are taking the ■■■■.

Yep, 12 overtime shifts per year expected J.

Jobs like Stobarts are for trampers who want plenty of hours. Don’t bother if your a day/night man who wants to get back for a decent time every night/morning as your mostly run ragged by the planners who don’t give a toss about you.

eagerbeaver:
Yep, 12 overtime shifts per year expected J.

I only work Saturday (run in, maybe tip) as anexception, but after last weekends stitch up, resulting in my working 9 hours on Saturday, any request to run in on a Saturday will now be met with a firm ‘■■■■ off’… stobrats sounds like a fun place to work. I load occasionally out of Dagenham. Great fun because I tell them that if I don’t get loaded by x hour, I pull out. They also seem to get really confused when I pull my curtains when I’m kept waiting.

It’s a game. I get paid for sitting in my truck, watching dvds or tinted net, untill my hours are up, then I pull my curtains and that’s it till tomorrow.

:grimacing: I don’t have to go to Dagenham very often… :grimacing:

rob22888:
Jobs like Stobarts are for trampers who want plenty of hours. Don’t bother if your a day/night man who wants to get back for a decent time every night/morning as your mostly run ragged by the planners who don’t give a toss about you.

I’m a day man, and whether it’s just an exception at my depot, but it’s not like that at all. They plan you for around 9-10 hours, and if you want more, they can ask and you can take. If you don’t want a 13-hour day, you don’t take it, simple as, you go home. Next day you crack-on.