Eddie srobart

eagerbeaver:
Yep, 12 overtime shifts per year expected J.

not heard about that yet…i dont really want to do 5…i have been asked but have declined on the grounds im on a 45 hour contract so i already do about 15 hours overtime a week.

Thanks everyone for ur input I’m getting mixed reviews but to be honest I don’t have many offering me a job right now so if I get offered the job I think I’ll take it gotta start somewhere right?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

eagerbeaver:
Yep, 12 overtime shifts per year expected J.

You only do them if you have enough time if you dont you say no.They ask me but i say i do enough in 5 days dont need to do any extra shifts.

A driver from there Sherburn depot told me that they have to book Boxing Day off as holiday now as the company don’t recognise it as a bank holiday :open_mouth:
If it is true that is disgraceful in my view

yorkshire terrier:
A driver from there Sherburn depot told me that they have to book Boxing Day off as holiday now as the company don’t recognise it as a bank holiday :open_mouth:

That could well have been the case last year - Boxing Day itself was not a public holiday (although Monday 28th was). So if Saturday 26th was a rostered working day for you you might well have been required to take it as holiday. Used to happen a lot to me in my old job.

Sent using smoke and mirrors

Berty:
Thanks everyone for ur input I’m getting mixed reviews but to be honest I don’t have many offering me a job right now so if I get offered the job I think I’ll take it gotta start somewhere right?

Exactly and its what I told my son who is going to be taking his Class 2 test soon and has found a company willing to give him work. Its one that tends to advertise a lot for drivers but its work, its pallet network stuff so he’ll get a lot of experience having to find places and manoeuvre in tight spaces so it’ll work well as a starting point.

Use them for 6 months to get experience in and then look elsewhere. You may find like I did with waste food skips which nobody else wanted to do that you actually like the job and then if you do just stay on. When I was at Reed Boardall it had a lot of people saying the same things as they’ve done here about Stobarts because they would work you as hard as you let them but I found that if you learnt how to play the game you could work as hard or as easy as you wanted it to be and Stobarts is no different. The ones who get treated like crap and worked daft hours tend to be the ones who are all Billy Bluster on here but scared to open their gobs and stand up for themselves at work.

Take the job if offered,get some Class 1 experience under your belt,you know it makes sense :wink:

Sent from my XL Helmet using BiffaChat.

I’ve had a few issues of late ( naughty boy ) and I can say there’s some folks with hearts of gold , who even though it would be easy too wash there hand of you have done everything to talk sense into you , knowing what was going through you head and the serious consequences of doing that .
Whatever commes my way I’ll remember that .not the ■■■■ planners , t.o attitudes .( not all t.o though some have gone out of there way too try and help me .)

The company is closed on Xmas Day…but you STILL have to use a days holiday!!

eagerbeaver:
The company is closed on Xmas Day…but you STILL have to use a days holiday!!

Heard from a mate on maritime they did that last year, although he is known as a bs merchant and it wasn’t like it when I was on there a few years back, but you never can tell these days. Too many drivers put up with bs these days. You need to be dead from the neck up to work at a blue chip

wheelyb:
They just had a or are in the process of receiving a pay rise, £8.52hr mon-fri days.

I’d stick to rigids for that money.

yorkshire terrier:

You get 28 days holiday.

dozy:
I’ve had a few issues of late ( naughty boy ) and I can say there’s some folks with hearts of gold , who even though it would be easy too wash there hand of you have done everything to talk sense into you , knowing what was going through you head and the serious consequences of doing that .
Whatever commes my way I’ll remember that .not the [zb] planners , t.o attitudes .( not all t.o though some have gone out of there way too try and help me .)

Has Immigrant hacked your account?

If the planners give you a shocking route which is not possible then just tell them and they’ll either get a driver to meet you to swap trailers or tell you to run it to the nearest depot, bank holidays they expect you to work otherwise you will need to book it off. Pays not great but there’s other company’s out there that pay less.
Good starting point so I’d say go for it.

Which depot would you be going to?

Some of the stobart wagons are owned and run by tinkler rather than stobart. They are different companies.

I work for stobart group, but don’t have an Eddie stobart fuel card, have to pay to park at Carlisle truck stop, don’t get discount on food there anymore, can’t park in the Appleton depot etc etc.

All my work is planned though jenkinsons. Also not all of us are hourly paid.

Regarding holidays. Yes you loose a days holiday for Christmas. Yes you will be working boxing day unless you book it off. Same with every back holiday. OK for me I’m on 33 days a year!

Remember if you are on general haulage, a lot of work involves deliveries to rdcs, and if they open they will be wanting deliveries.

happysack:
Some of the stobart wagons are owned and run by tinkler rather than stobart. They are different companies.

I work for stobart group, but don’t have an Eddie stobart fuel card, have to pay to park at Carlisle truck stop, don’t get discount on food there anymore, can’t park in the Appleton depot etc etc.

Reckon I’d be kicking off about that HS.
I’d be saying ■■■■■■■■ to that, if my motor had Stobart on the side, I’d be working for Stobart, no interest in petty co.politics and b.s., so where’s me cheap breakfast and me free parking space.

robroy:

happysack:

I’d be saying ■■■■■■■■ to that, if my motor had Stobart on the side, I’d be working for Stobart, no interest in petty co.politics and b.s., so where’s me cheap breakfast and me free parking space.

Doesn’t bother me. I know Carlisle well enough to know places to park where I don’t have to talk to wagonistas. Also my wages are high enough that I don’t need to quibble about a quid off an omelette! [emoji6]

Not been into dumbria for a couple of months now so I can’t really complain.

robroy:

happysack:

Wasn’t there a thread on here where bio- mass drivers were earning 47k p.a , if that’s the case I think they can afford a few extra pence for a breakfast , jeez some drivers want it all ways :unamused:
And too be honest I’ve never been asked if I’m bio- mass or not in canteen( have parking , but doesn’t matter what I’m on just say general ) , can’t remember but think you put fleet number / sign recipt in canteen , just write anything , I can’t believe they spend time cross - referencing recipts , they struggle too read the recipt when you order , always commes on a plate too eat in :unamused: :unamused: when you’ve ordered a take out :stuck_out_tongue: :unamused:

Iain1982:
If the planners give you a shocking route which is not possible then just tell them and they’ll either get a driver to meet you to swap trailers or tell you to run it to the nearest depot, bank holidays they expect you to work otherwise you will need to book it off. Pays not great but there’s other company’s out there that pay less.

The other day I sat outside / on a site from 11 am - 16.50 , I txt them with been here a hour / 2 hrs etc , need too be gone by 16.00 or can’t get parked up within my legal hours , I rang / and rang and 99% of phone calls no- one answered the phone , first one who did said you need too speak too ---------, eventually spoke too -------- who after I asked if I could drop tri as needed too be gone now :exclamation: :exclamation: said I’ll speak too them ,site , no phone call back , no one rang back with drop tri , pull out , we will send another driver , eventually parked up way over 15 hrs :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: , this is not the first time , my own feeling is load is there so we’re happy .
I rang driver line the other day as I’d been told now too go through them , told your day hired / weve no times for you so don’t ring us :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: ( all I wanted was my eta relating too site as delayed )
These are my experiences of late

dozy:

Iain1982:

The other day I sat outside / on a site from 11 am - 16.50 , I txt them with been here a hour / 2 hrs etc , need too be gone by 16.00 or can’t get parked up within my legal hours , I rang / and rang and 99% of phone calls no- one answered the phone , first one who did said you need too speak too ---------, eventually spoke too -------- who after I asked if I could drop tri as needed too be gone now :exclamation: :exclamation: said I’ll speak too them ,site , no phone call back , no one rang back with drop tri , pull out , we will send another driver , eventually parked up way over 15 hrs :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: , this is not the first time , my own feeling is load is there so we’re happy .
I rang driver line the other day as I’d been told now too go through them , told your day hired / weve no times for you so don’t ring us :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: ( all I wanted was my eta relating too site as delayed )
These are my experiences of late

Dozy, why the ■■■■ did you go over your 15, the fact that you had been ignored for x no. of hours should have told you it was time to act on your own initiative, you had done what was required, which could have been proved by phone records, the fact that they could not be arsed to reply to you is their look out, not yours.

It is YOUR licence not those helmets in the office. :bulb:
:unamused: Ffs, it’s like pulling teeth. :neutral_face: