Eddie srobart

robroy:

dozy:

Iain1982:
If the planners give you a shocking route which is not possible then just tell them and they’ll either get a driver to meet you to swap trailers or tell you to run it to the nearest depot, bank holidays they expect you to work otherwise you will need to book it off. Pays not great but there’s other company’s out there that pay less.
Good starting point so I’d say go for it.

The other day I sat outside / on a site from 11 am - 16.50 , I txt them with been here a hour / 2 hrs etc , need too be gone by 16.00 or can’t get parked up within my legal hours , I rang / and rang and 99% of phone calls no- one answered the phone , first one who did said you need too speak too ---------, eventually spoke too -------- who after I asked if I could drop tri as needed too be gone now :exclamation: :exclamation: said I’ll speak too them ,site , no phone call back , no one rang back with drop tri , pull out , we will send another driver , eventually parked up way over 15 hrs :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: , this is not the first time , my own feeling is load is there so we’re happy .
I rang driver line the other day as I’d been told now too go through them , told your day hired / weve no times for you so don’t ring us :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: ( all I wanted was my eta relating too site as delayed )
These are my experiences of late

Dozy, why the [zb] did you go over your 15, the fact that you had been ignored for x no. of hours should have told you it was time to act on your own initiative, you had done what was required, which could have been proved by phone records, the fact that they could not be arsed to reply to you is their look out, not yours.

It is YOUR licence not those helmets in the office. :bulb:
:unamused: Ffs, it’s like pulling teeth. :neutral_face:

I know , I had 13 hrs ( 9 imobalized too focus my mind / think about things ) rob , I rang and told them I wanted too go that night as my head had gone , but they ( he ) wouldn’t take it over phone as said I wasn’t thinking straight , mates were great kept me going as green wire and warning if I left I could be arrested wernt going too stop me driving home .
IVe had my say , I’m going too have my say at disciplinary then go ( don’t think it will make a iota of difference though ).
Vosa I’ll just take what’s comming my way , and learn from it .
i said not going years ago would come back too haunt me , but this is worse than I could of envisaged , but at the end of the day we all make mistakes , and hopefully learn

dozy,if your 15 is up on a bay then in the bunk for 9/11 and call the police to cone off a bay each side so you can sleep?in thought everyone knew that??

xamtex:
dozy,if your 15 is up on a bay then in the bunk for 9/11 and call the police to cone off a bay each side so you can sleep?in thought everyone knew that??

But my time wasn’t up xamtex , by the time they tipped me I never had enough time too get too somewhere too park within my 15 hrs , that’s why I was constantly ringing saying I need too be gone by 16.00 to give myself plenty of time too be parked up within my 15 hrs , by the time I pulled out I was stuffed .
I couldn’t stay there for 9 hrs as there was a que of trucks waiting too come in and none could be tipped if I parked up there and then , maybe I should of just said I told you by 16.00 I had too be gone , you’ve not tipped me in the apx 6 hrs I’ve been here so goodnight , but I didn’t and the rest I history .
Nobody would answer the phone and make the decision , and when they did it was ill speak too them , and never came back .
The only good thing is I’ve txt after txt showing no reply , email were sent saying driver needs too be gone , phone call records etc ,
My heads saying enough is enough , just go , but then I’m just accepting everything comming my way , why shouldn’t they not answer too why no- one helped me , pulled me out , answered txt , phone calls , rang back etc .

Dozy as said why did you go over you max spread over for gods sake can you not think for your self if you hand heard from them 45 mins before your time you should have just gone and parked up

Lol. One of my mates from Appleton was sat at Coca Cola Wakefield for 6HOURS on Friday waiting for the planner to ’ get back to him '…

eagerbeaver:
Lol. One of my mates from Appleton was sat at Coca Cola Wakefield for 6HOURS on Friday waiting for the planner to ’ get back to him '…

I would be on the blower every half hour espicaly on a Friday

It makes no difference Blue. I used to phone once to cover my back and then get on the bunk. Simples.

How can you run a transport business just leaving trucks sitting at places for hours on end FFS :confused:
My firm if they don’t have a back load then I’m told to head back for home and at X or Y phone or they’ll phone me or when I get near home area I my have to do some pallet way collections

I have no idea whatsoever how they make any dough to be honest. Perhaps there are too many chiefs and not enough Indians? I know towards the end of each week I used to be sat in the canteen for a couple of hours in the morning waiting for a unit.

The night limpers were never in any rush.

eagerbeaver:
I have no idea whatsoever how they make any dough to be honest. Perhaps there are too many chiefs and not enough Indians? I know towards the end of each week I used to be sat in the canteen for a couple of hours in the morning waiting for a unit.

The night limpers were never in any rush.

:open_mouth: :unamused: If my firm don’t have your class of truck and the next class down or puddle jumper is free you’ll be out working in that till yours is fixed or what ever fitter is doing to it not sitting on arse

alix776:
Dozy as said why did you go over you max spread over for gods sake can you not think for your self if you hand heard from them 45 mins before your time you should have just gone and parked up

But then I’d of got a bollocking for pulling out without there say so alix , this is all being brought up at my disciplinary on tues , bloke who took initial statement said , a catalogue of errors ,we’ve got txt after txt , phone calls, emails telling them of situation and all you get is ill ring them , and then he doesn’t come back too tell you the outcome of the telephone call .
I refused too do the job I was given last wed as I’d of got too the same place as above at 15.00 apx and needed too be out by 16.00 , never going too happen , just said I wasn’t doing it , I need another job alix , penny’s dropped , but in meantime I’m refusing , my card has too be 100% clean ,

blue estate:

eagerbeaver:

I would be on the phone every half hour ONLY on a Friday.
ftfy.

They pay hourly don’t they, so why should I try and counteract their incompetence, if I’m sat 6 hours it’s their ■■■■ up, not mine.
I have plenty dvds in my cab, and a kettle. :bulb:

happysack:
Which depot would you be going to?

Some of the stobart wagons are owned and run by tinkler rather than stobart. They are different companies.

I work for stobart group, but don’t have an Eddie stobart fuel card, have to pay to park at Carlisle truck stop, don’t get discount on food there anymore, can’t park in the Appleton depot etc etc.

All my work is planned though jenkinsons. Also not all of us are hourly paid.

Regarding holidays. Yes you loose a days holiday for Christmas. Yes you will be working boxing day unless you book it off. Same with every back holiday. OK for me I’m on 33 days a year!

Remember if you are on general haulage, a lot of work involves deliveries to rdcs, and if they open they will be wanting deliveries.

Well when I filled the form in online nearest depot was cannock but it could be anywhere I suppose… I know they get some stick on here but it’s a permanent job where I can get some experience rather than taking a punt with an agency and getting a day or 2…

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

robroy:

blue estate:

eagerbeaver:

ftfy.

They pay hourly don’t they, so why should I try and counteract their incompetence, if I’m sat 6 hours it’s their [zb] up, not mine.

Dvds old school man… You need some Netflix in your life pal haha unless they are blue dvds of course [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE]

Oh did I mention I do match betting in my spare time Iv made good money out of it… also fills in the waiting times nicely at work

robroy:

blue estate:

eagerbeaver:

ftfy.

They pay hourly don’t they, so why should I try and counteract their incompetence, if I’m sat 6 hours it’s their [zb] up, not mine.

What kind of dvds rob a bet by the time you watch one your sweating. :laughing:

Colin_scottish:

robroy:

blue estate:

eagerbeaver:

ftfy.

What kind of dvds rob a bet by the time you watch one your sweating. :laughing:

:laughing: Yeh, but the type you mean are stuck in my side locker gathering dust, in fact you have just reminded me about them. (free to a good home) I’m more of a war film fan, or a comedy.

I’m a bit of a boring car boot sale fan :blush: , and I’ll stock up on a few at a quid each or something, just to watch and relieve the boring waiting times etc.

In the past I have seen me watch an entire box set waiting for ferries etc, but nowadays it’s only a couple a week waiting to get tipped, or if it is ■■■■■■■ down on a night out and I can’t be arsed to walk down town for a pint or meal, and get wet in the process.

A riveting insight into my dull life. :laughing:

At fourteen hours,

I’d have driven somewhere for my time off.

Ignored the phone and Isotrack.

I’d be more worried about the ministry men coming after me for driving hours offences than any Micky Mouse kangaroo court Stobart disciplinary. You can be rest assured your planners will drop you in it and save their own sorry asses. If they ever got snotty with me, I’d tell 'em I was recording the conversation, that stopped the [zb] immediately.

Get yer priorities right.

yourhavingalarf:
At fourteen hours,

I’d have driven somewhere for my time off.

Ignored the phone and Isotrack.

I’d be more worried about the ministry men coming after me for driving hours offences than any Micky Mouse kangaroo court Stobart disciplinary. You can be rest assured your planners will drop you in it and save their own sorry asses. If they ever got snotty with me, I’d tell 'em I was recording the conversation, that stopped the [zb] immediately.

Get yer priorities right.

You are right but a lot of these firms automatically think, and bank on, that they are dealing with a lot of yes men who will do anything that they are told to do without question, (which is just how it is in a lot of cases :unamused: )
It comes as a complete shock to their system when they get somebody who isn’t, and who quite rightly tells them to go and ■■■■ themselves, and that they aint doing it, as it is illegal or too tight a schedule to complete, or both.
When this does occur these type of knobs are taken by complete surprise, and are not sure how to deal with it.

My mate works for Stobbies, he does not put up with this sort of crap, so therefore does not get it…it aint rocket science ffs. :bulb:
I would have thought that dozy would have sussed this with the length of time he has been in the job.

Like your mate rob, I never took any ■■■■ from the office when they planned me. Running out of time? No bother. Tomorrow exists. Night night sweetheart.

Only had one disciplinary from them and that was for allegedly verbally assaulting and physically threatening a manager on a customer premises. It was a crock of ■■■■ and was thrown out when the customer wouldn’t provide cctv of the said event, despite me being in one of the busiest places of the factory!

Asked if I did get out of the cab and threaten him as alleged…I told them I wouldn’t have threatened him. I’d have leathered him with a bat.