More Job Losses

My lad has just informed me that Stobarts are making 31 trampers redundant from the Goole Tesco depot. The thinking by senior management is that they are inefficient. :frowning:

Do keep up old chap.

Ken.

tiger65:
My lad has just informed me that Stobarts are making 31 trampers redundant from the Goole Tesco depot. The thinking by senior management is that they are inefficient. :frowning:

if there looking at that 700 hp[debbie] volvo on tramping in our yard id say there right
tues 12 hrs
wed 12 hrs
thurs 12 hrs
fri 12 hrs
sat 12 hrs[appx times]
that truck works 60 hrs p.w,compare that with a g-cab[shift truck]
mon 24 hrs
tues 24 hrs
wed 24 hrs
thurs 24 hrs
fri 24 hrs
sat 24 hrs
sun 24 hrs
weve had some 58 reg ex tramping 6 leggers in 250k appx,i had a 09 g-cab today with 630k on it,our depot boss says the only way that can make money is run them 24/7,maybe stobarts higher management have listen too

ive been doing ambient/general at weekends,when ive done my work,that truck then runs alnight on chill,then back on amb/general the next day,i feel sorry for your lad,but weve had it for a while,do a/b orc or theres the door :exclamation:

I’m taking the door option as the planning is the problem not the Trampers!! Ady! Am I wrong? :grimacing:

dessy:
I’m taking the door option as the planning is the problem not the Trampers!! Ady! Am I wrong? :grimacing:

i think there looking at chilled depots myself,seeing the trucks running 24/7 and there thinking will run general the same,the thing is dessy your planners might well be for the bullet next as we dont have planners as such,you get a run sheet with a-b-c on it and 99 % of the time thats what you do
depot-sittingbourne-hoddeson-depot[why have planners :question: ],you do that run every day 300 odd days a year,just print a run sheet off for driver each day.its simple.
but if it goes ■■■■ up,crash,breakdown then youve a driver sat on his ■■■ for 3/4/5 hrs waiting for truck to come back
i dont know what to think ,not long ago we were all going tramping,now your all comming off of it,it will be intresting to see what does happen.
if you can find better dessy go for it,if not be prepared for a rocky ride :wink:

If the only way to make a truck pay is to run it for 24 hours, it’s a sure indication that slashing the rates to ribbons to get work is finally coming home to roost.

Just my opinion, of course.

Regards,
Nick.

ncooper:
If the only way to make a truck pay is to run it for 24 hours, it’s a sure indication that slashing the rates to ribbons to get work is finally coming home to roost.

Regards,
Nick.

but the 24/7 running started with CORBY CHILLED,then innovate,then stobarts just continued it when they took the chilled side over,i dont think itsrtate slashing thats causing all these trampers to be put on days/night,the chilled side was 24/7 long before stobarts took it over its , stobarts managment are probally thinking[a guess] if we can run those general trucks 24/7 we can earn more money[deliver more product,have less trucks[2 men too a truck] instead of one per day etc etc,

I truly hope you are right.

Regards,
Nick

ncooper:

Regards,
Nick.

example,i get back today,pull in yard,whilst im doing my paper work,logging out etc,the night shift blokes checking the truck over,i get out of seat,he gets in ,this is my guess what they want,they dont want a truck to pull up in yard,switch of igmnition ,then switch it back on 9/10/11/12 hrs later,those hours its earnt nothing+ your paying the driver £ 20 ish pounds extra to do that,they dont want the seats to get cold.
maybe im way off,maybe theres some other reason,but its my gut feeling.
i also dont know the ins/outs ,but isnt there share holders :question: ,its not a family firm where there happy to scape a living,share holders want results[profits],whats the best way to get profits,sqeeze every minute of productivity out of that truck ,driver :exclamation: :exclamation:

dessy:

so there you go ,its not your planners to balame,its those bloody chilled drivers and there 24/7 working to blame,bad day when stobarts bought innovate :wink: ,better watch my back from now on when i do general :stuck_out_tongue:

ady1:

dessy:

so there you go ,its not your planners to balame,its those bloody chilled drivers and there 24/7 working to blame,bad day when stobarts bought innovate :wink: ,better watch my back from now on when i do general :stuck_out_tongue:

Look out Ady!! They may get us all doing chilled aswell as General,Soft drinks Tesco etc etc!! :wink:

youtube.com/watch?v=BMbpjauD … re=related

dessy:

ady1:

dessy:

Look out Ady!! They may get us all doing chilled aswell as General,Soft drinks Tesco etc etc!! :wink:

they told us a while ago,your not CHILLED drivers,your STOBART drivers and youll do any work within the gruop your told too,which is whats happening with us now
tip budgens-wellingborough-chilled
tip co-op cardinal-chilled
reload-spittals-general
work sat /sun on tesco work
work sat/sun on general work
work sat/sun on chilled work
all this has been happening for a while for us,running on general lately with no planner,just a run sheet,do a,b,c ,has it been a TRIAL :question:to see if general can be done on shifts,without a planner ,will see,anyway dessy you can do chilled,but the good jobs[plenty of kip] are already taken :wink: :laughing:

dessy:

ady1:

dessy:

my mate dessy suggested its PAYBACK time :exclamation: ,he said you all refused the opportunity to become stobart owner drivers which didnt go down well,so theyve thrown a hissy fit and chucked you all on shifts to pay you back,i said no cant be right,firms dont behave in the manner :wink: :wink: ,he recons some bosses can be very vindicative :exclamation: :exclamation:

Be to differ Ady,we were running 24/7 when it was called Blakes of loxley,then chilled distribution,long before Corby and innovate we’re ■■■■■ bubbles in their founders eyes! :smiley:
It’s funny though,stobbies were a better firm to work for long before they got into chill,recycling and Tesco
Much better in the early 2000,s,been back to the depot and no letter to finish me tramping,maybe going to house now.

Funnily enough, one of the reasons they got the Tesco work was because tramper drivers were more flexible than shift drivers in what they could do, not shouting that they have to be back & finished by such and such a time. Coupled to the fact that a lot of the T drivers were pretty bone idle.

That and the price of course…

jase:
Be to differ Ady,we were running 24/7 when it was called Blakes of loxley,then chilled distribution,long before Corby and innovate we’re ■■■■■ bubbles in their founders eyes! :smiley:
It’s funny though,stobbies were a better firm to work for long before they got into chill,recycling and Tesco
Much better in the early 2000,s,been back to the depot and no letter to finish me tramping,maybe going to house now.

maybe there altering the letters, if you agree to become a STOBART O/D you can stay tramping :wink :laughing: :laughing: :,seriously jase im not sure what there thinking is,my mate reconds its just ■■■■ the drivers off at every opertunity :exclamation: ,have you got the memo yet on how they want to book your holidays from now on :question: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: ,

sounds like nowts changed from when i left nearly 6 years ago, finish 5 days tramping on tuesday night come in friday morning and the trucks been used by 5 other drivers and more often than not left in a mess.
planners where a bunch of idiots (bar one)

although one thing has changed, after the interview were he sold me the friday-tuesday tramping by telling me i could earn over the weekend, they then would park me up early on a sunday afternoon at various depots in case a driver called in sick monday morning… :unamused:

best thing i did was to get out of stobarts and general haulage

good luck though to all affected by stobarts great new plan!

Silver_Surfer:
Funnily enough, one of the reasons they got the Tesco work was because tramper drivers were more flexible than shift drivers in what they could do, not shouting that they have to be back & finished by such and such a time. Coupled to the fact that a lot of the T drivers were pretty bone idle.

That and the price of course…

but if you do a set run every day
depot -wakfield[tip]-bradford[collect]-depot,you dont need flexible drivers,you dont need planners,our job sheet hander out looks after 70 odd driver at a time,dont general have 1 planner to 15/20 drivers,if they do have ago at running it like us,then you could bin 3 out of every 4 planners to start with[whats the savings on that]
i guess theyll not run it like now,planner,jobs changing as/when,youll get a set run,youll ring in when tipped,99% of the time youll do as run sheet
sun-depot-cardinal-depot
mon-depot-birtley-york-depot
tues-depot-sittingbourne-hoddeson-depot
wed-depot-thurrock-hoddeson-depot
i ring in once per day to cofirm collection,those jobs roll day after day,year after year[accepting loss,winning of new contracts]
im guessing thats the type of thing they intend when all these drivers go on days,theyll have set runs,theyll not need to be flexible because theyll do a A,B+C RUN.
thats where my money goes,be intresting to see how it all pans out