More Job Losses

Whats that then Ady??
Is it applicable to everyone or just newark"half tank" depot??
Ady,I think your ■■■■ on about the owner driver scheme though,its being done out of spite I reckon,children will be children though,can’t wait till it comes back and bites them on the arse!!

Whats the drop in wages for the drivers?

jase:
Whats that then Ady??
Is it applicable to everyone or just newark"half tank" depot??
Ady,I think your ■■■■ on about the owner driver scheme though,its being done out of spite I reckon,children will be children though,can’t wait till it comes back and bites them on the arse!!

the holiday idea,i guess its our lot,they want you to book a FULL WEEK if you book a DAYS HOLIDAY :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: so if you want a DAY off on your kids birthday,they want you too have the full week :unamused: :unamused: ,so im told there saying a MAX of 2 weeks at a time,some other crap as well.
the O/D idea,well normally you try something like taking all your trampers off tramping onto days at A depot,just see how it works for a week or two,to just take nigh on everyone off of it in one hit strikes me as a knee jerk reaction,not really thought out,but as you say jase,it could come back to haunt them.
any way got to run,have to try and cadge some fuel for tomorrows run :exclamation: :wink:

mac12:

they say they want us drivers on days/shifts to do a maxium/minium of 50 hrs p.w[thats what your gar],our trampers recon they do 60 ish hrs,so if they apply the same set of rules to the lads comming off tramping theyll be loosing 4/5 night night out money plus 10 hrs pay,at a guess £150 p.w ish

mac12:

then theres the extra fuel traveling too/from work 8/10 times instead of 2 ,some i know travel a fair distance,cant see with the price of fuel how it will be viable

I don’t work for stobarts, but looking at all the recent threads about them, from restricting diesel to the latest news in this thread, could they have a financial problem■■?

ady1:

mac12:

they say they want us drivers on days/shifts to do a maxium/minium of 50 hrs p.w[thats what your gar],our trampers recon they do 60 ish hrs,so if they apply the same set of rules to the lads comming off tramping theyll be loosing 4/5 night night out money plus 10 hrs pay,at a guess £150 p.w ish

that’s not good £7000 per year

So if the only way to make the lorry’s pay is to run them 24/7, why are there so many stood still at any 1 time at Crick?
My experience at Stobarts was there was loads of empty trucks parked up but never any empty trailers, in fact sometimes had to wait up to an hour for an empty trailer to become available!

yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n … _1_3954584

selby newcomer:
I don’t work for stobarts, but looking at all the recent threads about them, from restricting diesel to the latest news in this thread, could they have a financial problem■■?

youd think so,BUT
pre tax profits of 13.7 million[aug just gone]
pre tax profits of 15 million [prev year]
i often see firms making 50/60/70,000 profit,13.7 million pre-tax doesnt look bad[im no money man so maybe crap], i guess some share-holders saying where my 1.3 million gone ,rather than there in moneytrouble,whats the big costs in running a truck,im guessing fuel,drivers wages :exclamation:

Skids! You are correct about units not being used at Crick! It’s whoever is booking the jobs! At least that’s what some planners have said!
I know of loads parked up in depots for weeks and they don’t know where they are! Stobart drivers send trailer numbers to the planners for each job collected but Agency drivers don’t use the TMS so don’t! They are supposed to call in trailer numbers and locations dropped in!
That’s a big FAIL and 9 times out of 10 us Trampers will be diverted to collect these loads and a chain reaction occurs! :laughing:

The meeting I had I was told that Data which had be collected but unused was being used now in an efficiency drive! i.e get rid of Trampers from some depots and get rid of shift men at others!! :unamused:

I wonder how long it will be till they ask us to go tramping again! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dessy:
Skids! You are correct about units not being used at Crick! It’s whoever is booking the jobs! At least that’s what some planners have said!
I know of loads parked up in depots for weeks and they don’t know where they are! Stobart drivers send trailer numbers to the planners for each job collected but Agency drivers don’t use the TMS so don’t! They are supposed to call in trailer numbers and locations dropped in!
That’s a big FAIL and 9 times out of 10 us Trampers will be diverted to collect these loads and a chain reaction occurs! :laughing:

The meeting I had I was told that Data which had be collected but unused was being used now in an efficiency drive! i.e get rid of Trampers from some depots and get rid of shift men at others!! :unamused:

I wonder how long it will be till they ask us to go tramping again! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Helps if the bloody isotrack phones worked once in a while :exclamation: :exclamation: usually end up using my own phone to call in for instructions.

You’d think with some of us regular agency lads, that they’d get us trained up on it

Henrys cat! They should issue a Pin number to all regular agency lads/lasses for the TMS! And as you must know! It would help a great deal if someone in TO actually answered a call! i.e Appleton Crick Stoke!
And I still don’t get why they have so many agency men at above delta all week every week! And laying off full time lads at Leeds etc!

Stobarts have lost the plot Bigtime since it expanded!! :unamused:

Double post! Bloody Internet connection!!

Didnt expect that many Stobart Drivers here

Should be a mass exodus of drivers from Stobarts then. Way to upset your trampers. Can’t see many of them taking to day/night shifts if they’re used to tramping.

the 24/7 running started with CORBY CHILLED,then innovate,then stobarts just continued it when they took the chilled side over

Not quite the full story:

I was working agency for three years at Blakes, Alcester. They were running their ERFs 25/7 as far as they were able. Never went in to a cold frosty truck there.

They sold out to [I forgot] who got taken over by Arla. They sold it to Corby and I was working the day it happened - big shock all round.

The Corby drivers all had smart motors but the impression that we got when we went to their yard was that they used a lot more people to move fewer pallets than Blakes ever did.

Corby tried to do it the way Blakes did and then Innov@te took it over. I wasn’t working there then.

Santa:

the 24/7 running started with CORBY CHILLED,then innovate,then stobarts just continued it when they took the chilled side over

Not quite the full story:

I was working agency for three years at Blakes, Alcester. They were running their ERFs 25/7 as far as they were able. Never went in to a cold frosty truck there.

They sold out to [I forgot] who got taken over by Arla. They sold it to Corby and I was working the day it happened - big shock all round.

The Corby drivers all had smart motors but the impression that we got when we went to their yard was that they used a lot more people to move fewer pallets than Blakes ever did.

Corby tried to do it the way Blakes did and then Innov@te took it over. I wasn’t working there then.

then stobarts took over onnovate and it got even worse!

billybigrig:
http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/latest-news/central-leeds/eddie_stobart_80_trucking_staff_face_axe_at_leeds_depot_exclusive_1_3954584

Didn’t they go into Middlesborough on Tuesday to get rid of the nightshift?
Didn’t they then go onto Leeds on Tuesday and sacked everyone with immediate effect?
Didn’t they then go into Goole on Tuesday to rid Tossco of it’s trampers with immediate effect?
Didn’t they then go to Barlborough on Tuesday to get rid of the trampers with immediate effect?

Just wondering… :unamused:

Ken.

A few more can go now as tesco are cutting 40,000 lorry movements a week between Daventry and Thurrock as well as Daventry and Magor by putting it all on train!

http://www.roadtransport.com/Articles/2011/11/10/139717/Tesco-train-service-will-remove-40000-truck-journey39s.htm