Eddie stobart job cuts

ady1:

commonrail:
they`re trying to give u advice but u seem unwilling to accept it

there not trying to give me advice at all,there just trying to belittle someone whos prepared to try and better himself,why,because of there own failures to better themselfes,they hate the fact i will suceed where they havent.
which is where im different to them,id be telling that person,BEST of luck,hope you achieve what t
you want,if you dont at least youve tried.
whereas all there thoughts are HOPE he fails,then we cant rip the [zb] out of him.
whatever they say,im a better person than theyll ever be thats for sure :exclamation:

Are you reading the same board as me? WHere am i trying to belittle you? I’m sure you have some things in your head that are not there. You need to wake up and get a grip, i woudn’t laugh at you if you failed and tried , i’d say good on yer. You do whatever you like, but you can be assured, i aint laughing at anyone for trying anything.

tashman:
hi all been reading many peoples posts and advice, i havent really seen sorry read what are the rewards in doing this,and how much cash will this guy earn on a weekly basis, surly it cant be any better than being employed by stobarts,or any other company,i just dont understand, i posted on here few weeks back about a job offer,what the firm was like etc i was given good advice and opinions, and i listened to all, and made decision not to take job, so why is this guy being stupid and doing what he is going to do, as i said i dont understand just dont, may be some one can tell me WHY, :slight_smile: i see that ady can get upset but hey you do whats best for your family etc good luck pal,

so putting pictures of MUGSUP,then reffering to me as one is GOOD advice :question: ,really.
that fact is if[i wont] failed,they wouldnt be saying ,never mind mate,you tried,chin up ,WHAT theyd actually be saying is :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: one of stobarts clowns,elfs,finest[insert as you wish] has gone pop,love it,lets all laugh at the clown. sad really isnt it :exclamation: but it works against them,ive always helped other drivers,but not now,like the driver today who wanted help with his fridge,id of sorted it before,now its too busy :exclamation:

ady1:
so putting pictures of MUGSUP,then reffering to me as one is GOOD advice :question: ,really.
that fact is if[i wont] failed,they wouldnt be saying ,never mind mate,you tried,chin up ,WHAT theyd actually be saying is :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: one of stobarts clowns,elfs,finest[insert as you wish] has gone pop,love it,lets all laugh at the clown. sad really isnt it :exclamation: but it works against them,ive always helped other drivers,but not now,like the driver today who wanted help with his fridge,id of sorted it before,now its too busy :exclamation:

Ady, take no notice. Some people say anyold crap. I even had someone call me a van (billboard driver) who knows ■■■■ all !! in a attempt to insult me !! Just let it go over your head !! :smiley: :smiley:

I’m going to bed now because this thread’s getting very boring. Goodnight all.

Aidy1 you want to come drive my truck. I will let you pretend its yours honest.

take the offer, good luck hope you do prove me wrong and i sincerly mean that!

ady 1 … what does your wife think to this idea you are on about doing, :question: :question: and can you tell me what are you getting back in return by being owner driver,

I dont know how old you are but I presume from previous comments about experience etc you are no spring chicken! If you had what it takes to make it in the big world you would have done it long before now. Ive done it, for twenty two years and built up a good business, only to lose it on a whim. My advice doesnt come from a sense of wanting to see you fail just to give you the benefit of some hard fought battlescars. It takes a big man to wear his heart on his sleeve and a bigger one to say he is wrong and change his stance. I have gone from living on a nice country farm stead and flying a small helicopter for fun to having to work these godforsaken hours with a wife who has had a brain tumour this last two years and no prospect of any improvement for our lifestyle for the rest of our days.
Life can chage from great to a nightmare overnight, I,m living it and wouldnt want you to go ahead thinking that you can only at least go back to where you started, if it goes wrong you will be in a bad place, if you walk away all you will lose is a little cash and some pride but gain respect from those who have offered some sound advice. Its your your shout but its a big call

ady1, good luck fella, big balls tryin somethin new, hope it works for ya mate, or make it work :wink:

Good Luck Ady! Hope you get the best planner they have! :confused:

dessy:
Good Luck Ady! Hope you get the best planner they have! :confused:

cheers dessy,as i say,all the best mate if you do leave,and look after yourself

I recall my old taxi company doing a similar scheme, £150 a week got you a plated, insured, fully equipped Hackney Plated car (an eight year old Rover 800), then you paid 18%+VAT of any work you got off of the radio went to the company as a circuit charge, and then you paid 10p per mile for wear and tear, plus paying for your own fuel and sorting all of your own tax out. Any repairs/tyres etc would come out of the company’s pocket and if your car was VOR then you would be given another one. Working in the office I had to deal with all of their paperwork and invoices and after all this hassle they were only earning what the drivers were earning. When it was quiet though the company cars were doing jobs and the rentals were sitting on the rank. This scheme looks pretty much the same, you won’t get rich but if the work stays constant you can do ok. But there are an awful lot of Stobart motors parked up at the Crick site whenever you go past.

starfighter:
. But there are an awful lot of Stobart motors parked up at the Crick site whenever you go past.

Shopping at Tescos has not done them any favours… Bye Bye Tescos

routier:

starfighter:
. But there are an awful lot of Stobart motors parked up at the Crick site whenever you go past.

Shopping at Tescos has not done them any favours… Bye Bye Tescos

The Eddie Stobart Company’s Owner

been told today stoke have having it next 75 trampers out the door and planning are going too :frowning:

cliffton 27:
been told today stoke have having it next 75 trampers out the door and planning are going too :frowning:

the job is looking up, where do I sign? :stuck_out_tongue:

cliffton 27:

its very strange because when i got back today it was quick,quick we need that truck asap,weve got no trucks,when i asked the shunter why[expecting the normal drivers dragging it out] he said there parked up full of dog food :open_mouth: :confused: [ambient loads],cant use them on what they should be doing chilled loads.
yesterday i was rang up and asked could i help them out and do a o/t shift,when i got there it was a co-op birtley load, which is normal other than instead of just the normal chilled stuff it was also loaded with ambient.
they seem to be getting rid of ambient/general drivers,sticking there work on us,then struggling to get the chilled done,all very baffling. :confused:

cliffton 27:

if it starts to look dodgy for you clifton,you could always ask for a tranfer to the stobart depot at corby :stuck_out_tongue:

ady1:

cliffton 27:

its very strange because when i got back today it was quick,quick we need that truck asap,weve got no trucks,when i asked the shunter why[expecting the normal drivers dragging it out] he said there parked up full of dog food :open_mouth: :confused: [ambient loads],cant use them on what they should be doing chilled loads.
yesterday i was rang up and asked could i help them out and do a o/t shift,when i got there it was a co-op birtley load, which is normal other than instead of just the normal chilled stuff it was also loaded with ambient.
they seem to be getting rid of ambient/general drivers,sticking there work on us,then struggling to get the chilled done,all very baffling. :confused:

they have asked my for 2 weeks on the bounce to do an extra day said id consider it for this week anyway yesterday i got parked up after 9 hrs so i said they can forget me doing an extra day cant figure out whats going on but trafford park are bein planned from carlise after xmas

cliffton 27:

So 100 which was confirmed plus an extra 75 plus how many planning jobs. That is a significant amount of people even if the are changing the ethos from tramper to day/night man shouldn’t be that many jobs. Have stobart lost a major contract?

Me being a nosey ■■■■■■■ i also had a look at their share price looks like a steep cliff and downhill steep cliff :wink: