Stobart hardcore tramper

Tipping in Amien this week on a bay next to a Brazillian, with a Portugese passport, asking about working in the UK. Said he had a friend in Birmingham who could put him up for 3 weeks or so till he got on his feet. He was working for a Dutch firm and hadnt been home for 5 Months :open_mouth: . He is going to Birmingham and getting a job at Eddie Stobart, because they are the biggest and best!! in the UK. Look out Mark Dixon, your top tramper crown is in jeapordy. :slight_smile:

God help him! I finished full time for them 6wks ago, biggest mistake I ever made, I’ve never worked for a company so arrogant in all my life, planners, managers all same, they ain’t all that Rosie a company! I suggest nobody goes there, they ain’t all that legal either, sorry to say that but it’s true! They have a short future ahead!!

I know someone who used to drive for Stobart when they were in Leeds, he left as if he hadn’t he said he would have had a nervous breakdown.
I was on the M1 yesterday going to Coventry and i saw a crowd of people on one of the flyovers, i saw one with a pencil and pad,yes it was the spotters,how sad are you in your life to stand outside in the cold spotting Stobart trucks,they need to do a days work as a driver to realize what its really like,and how crap Stobart really are.All they do is undercut all the time.

Oh dear, didnt mean it to turn into a anti stobbie rant. Was just amazed at his nonchalant attitude to 5 months from home. Plus his apparant adoration for Eddie Stobarts. Mods please delete.

440Mopar:
Oh dear, didnt mean it to turn into a anti stobbie rant. Was just amazed at his nonchalant attitude to 5 months from home.

That’s why theres loads of eastern europeans over here which employers want to hire compared to locals who seem to want a weeks wage but to do the bare minimum needed.

xxicelandicxx:
I’ve never worked for a company so arrogant in all my life, planners, managers all same, they ain’t all that Rosie a company! I suggest nobody goes there.

Agree with this 100%

andy12:

xxicelandicxx:
I’ve never worked for a company so arrogant in all my life, planners, managers all same, they ain’t all that Rosie a company! I suggest nobody goes there.

Agree with this 100%

ME TOO! :laughing: especially NOT running LEGAL :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Fatboy slimslow:

andy12:

xxicelandicxx:

Agree with this 100%

ME TOO! :laughing: especially NOT running LEGAL :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Not a surprise though is it,if I was a manager and my drivers were on £7 p.h I’d want 18 hrs a day out of them :exclamation: ,planners ,well I’m not sure they know that the laws that we have to work too,too many days planned for 16/18/19 hrs for it too be the odd mistake,drivers,well some it wouldn’t matter whether they worked for stobarts or company a,b,c they still wouldn’t be able to keep within the law,infringements x3/4/5 every week,think it’s ok to drive 1/2 hr,hour with no card in because they don’t do night in tin boxes :unamused: .
Think it’s very easy to always to put blame on companies for your own short comings,but if you have driver b getting 1/2 infringements per year,then driver c getting 2/3 p.w you’d have to say is it the company to blame,well maybe in the sense he needs a kick up the backside.