Tramping @ Stobarts

Does anyone know what sort of money per week, that you would be taking home tramping for eddie stobart ■■

I am thinking of applying for a position with them, but to save filling in 6 pages of application form I thought that I would try and find out a bit more about pay and conditions ect ■■

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Depends on what time of day you start or what you working week shifts are.

Pal of mine worked for them, and he used to start at noon, and then after I think 6pm on weekdays, his rate of pay changed.

I’m sure one of their guys will be along soon.

Ken.

Apparantly it would be tramping from Sunday to Thursday, Tuesday to Saturday or Thursday until Monday

Pay rate does change after 6pm (i think) - however I’m really just after a rough kind of figure that you would expect to be coming away with ■■

I dont want to jump from the fat into the fire, I’m looking back at going tramping as i’m doing approx 55hrs a week at present and coming out with approx £325 to be fair though I only took the position as a temp job until something else came up - and I now want to get back to class 1 work if possible, as i’m only driving an 8 wheel tipper at present, and its boring work.

I passed my class 1 two years ago and only really done agency work on it, hence why I took the class 2 work to get me through the bad times - and doors seem to be just opening now for myself, so hopefully i’ll get a permanant class 1 position.

i hover around the 530 mark for mon to fri day tramping 4 nights out …with just had pay rise from april which they reckon will give us 20 quid a week more …if your on one of the shifts that covers a weekend day our even both youll be on more …i budget on a £1000 a fortnight take home as we payed fortnightly and its always over a grand so basically youll take home more than 2k a month

stvme2519:
i hover around the 530 mark for mon to fri day tramping 4 nights out …with just had pay rise from april which they reckon will give us 20 quid a week more …if your on one of the shifts that covers a weekend day our even both youll be on more …i budget on a £1000 a fortnight take home as we payed fortnightly and its always over a grand so basically youll take home more than 2k a month

you must also tell him that too pull that wage in you will be working max hours, and the wage rise was still up for discussion am sure it worked out more like an extra £1 odd per day an the bonus money the longer serving drivers get was up for discussion also, most trampers i spoke to were saying they were picking up 100 less than you stated, but am sure what you say is true

2k a month, 4 nights out a week. thats slave labour.

They are running an advert for 40 drivers in Goole

browncow2:

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

change the record ffs. i think max hours tramping general haulage that seems the going rate. there has been more than enough on these forums about stobart wages.

stobarts

Wheel Nut:
They are running an advert for 40 drivers in Goole

that for the tesco work when it moves from middlewich easy work if you can put up with awkward tesco staff who are mightier than thou!
and as for wages for stobbies its 7.20 ph going up a few pence soon, 12.50 tax free dinner per day so you basically on just over £8 just like many haulage companies wage is about average,
so upto you if you want to fill in 6 pages of application only takes 10 minutes to apply,

Thanks everyone for your replies,

I have filled in an application and spoken with the people who deal with recrutiment - they seem to think that there are currently some tramping vacancies available - so fingers crossed i’ll get one !!

As for the money I think that’s pretty good money compared to what I’m earning now, and if successful I will be in a full time job driving class 1 - also driving in what seems to be decent kit - compared to my Hino tipper !!!

matt01:
Thanks everyone for your replies,

I have filled in an application and spoken with the people who deal with recrutiment - they seem to think that there are currently some tramping vacancies available - so fingers crossed i’ll get one !!

As for the money I think that’s pretty good money compared to what I’m earning now, and if successful I will be in a full time job driving class 1 - also driving in what seems to be decent kit - compared to my Hino tipper !!!

Your current take home is higher than mine and I’m on 55 hours a week class 1 days…

browncow2:

That seems ok to me as well, it’s a good wage in this day and age with decent vehicles and a company that’s here to stay for long while yet.

Good Wage + Good Vehicles + Good Company = a happy driver :smiley: , is there anything else you could want in today’s climate :question:

dustylfc i can assure you mate if they taking 100 quid a week less they aint trampers…as for max hours that aint right even mine is for average of 63 hours not 71 …the pasy rise is final all drivers will be on the same rates for there shifts …this week i took £1024 for a fortnight and i lost a night out on each week so both weeks was just 3 nights out

the 2k plus a month i stated is take home in the bank…to be precise its more like 2125 mark take home…im happy enough

dusty the wage is goin up by 40p on whatever rate your on for what shift all drivers loosing £5 a day ops bonus to be replaced by£3.50 a day driving bonus and the food is going up from £12.50 to £13.35 so the £5 day weve lost weve gained £4.35 of it back a day then we get the 40p a hour extra on top of our wages …this is the same for long serving and new drivers

stvme2519:
dusty the wage is goin up by 40p on whatever rate your on for what shift all drivers loosing £5 a day ops bonus to be replaced by£3.50 a day driving bonus and the food is going up from £12.50 to £13.35 so the £5 day weve lost weve gained £4.35 of it back a day then we get the 40p a hour extra on top of our wages …this is the same for long serving and new drivers

same as usual then were not much better off , they have wanted to get rid of the 25 bonus for ages the drivers that i spoke to were based at leeds doing sun / thurs day trampin i was chatten to him at sca trafford i work at appleton, but havent been in all week so havent read the drivers notice board , there was trampin jobs goin there but they were bum shifts so they will probably advertise soon on web site

i would quite fancy the sun to thurs shift on nights tramping. :wink:

jessicas dad:

What about trying to sleep during the day where no ■■■■ has any respect for the face you’re trying to get some kip?

Steve-o:

jessicas dad:

What about trying to sleep during the day where no [zb] has any respect for the face you’re trying to get some kip?

sleep masks

and ear plugs.

im lucky that i dont have a problem sleeping at all, the only i can concieve is in the summer when its hot but then id park in the shade.

jessicas dad:

Steve-o:

jessicas dad:

What about trying to sleep during the day where no [zb] has any respect for the face you’re trying to get some kip?

sleep masks

and ear plugs.

im lucky that i dont have a problem sleeping at all, the only i can concieve is in the summer when its hot but then id park in the shade.

Just as long as you don’t sleep through your alarm with the ear plugs lol.