advise please

got a call from eddie stobbarts today offering me a class 1 tramping job days weekends out of appleton thorn.
first of all what is tramping and what does it invove?? second will i be away from home for the duration of the shifts ie from thurs to tuesday?? or do i go home evry day after shift.■■ what sort of pay is expected??
I am dead chuffed that stobbies have called me but dont want to land myself in the proverbial.
I believe you have to do a 2 day driving induction with them also is this true?? :confused:

Tramping is out all week living in the cab, so yes you’ll be away all week. I’ve no idea what their pay is like but a fair few guys on here work for them. I’d imagine you’ll get a couple of days induction. When I started at Nobbys we had a TWO WEEK induction :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I dont know much about stobarts pay and stuff like that but tramping is driving all over and from reading through other posts about them you will be working away doing max hours and the money isnt that bad i know theres a fair few people that work for stobbies on here so i persume you will get a bette answer soon mate but i would jump at it I know I would mate

From the sticky in the newbies -

Tramper (Roamer)
A driver who goes where ever the next load takes them.

garnerlives:
When I started at Nobbys we had a TWO WEEK induction :open_mouth:

MMMMMMMMMMM was that because you needed it he he :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

did u get offered job because u worked there for agency or applied direct

Data Academy:

garnerlives:

MMMMMMMMMMM was that because you needed it he he :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Harsh!!

Harsh but fair :laughing:

To be honest we did three days of induction and the rest of it was spent doing I’m not quite sure what, but it wasn’t doing work…think we went out for a few days in hire cars to see the drops we’d be going to

If you wanted to know what the job involved and what the pay and conditions where,why did’nt you ask Stobarts when they rang you ? It would have been the obvious thing to do ,if you ask me.

garnerlives:

Data Academy:

garnerlives:

Harsh!!

Harsh but fair :laughing:

To be honest we did three days of induction and the rest of it was spent doing I’m not quite sure what, but it wasn’t doing work…think we went out for a few days in hire cars to see the drops we’d be going to

I was thrown out in an artic during mine - a double deck trailer to Ford at Daventry… :open_mouth:
Then Unipart at Long Lartin… :open_mouth:
Then anywhere else they sent me… :open_mouth:
But to be fair the depot wasnt open so I was running out of Dunstable for a few weeks… :wink:

I think you need to consider your family circumstances before making a firm decision!

mike never called me back next day, so i called them. they informed me that they have now filled the place at appleton and would keep me on file for day work :frowning: . All cos i wanted time to think.

well some good news. i started a new class 2 hiab job on monday closer to home in wallasey at hews gray. so [parrs in liverpool are looking for a driver. :smiley:

DAF95XF:
… the depot wasnt open …

Hi Stu, I can’t help but notice that nothing is ever straightforward for you. :frowning: :grimacing:

Of all the drivers on the planet, there’s only you who could run from a depot that isn’t open. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: