advise please

got a call from eddie stobbarts today offering me a class 1 tramping job days weekends out of appleton thorn.
first of all what is tramping and what does it invove?? second will i be away from home for the duration of the shifts ie from thurs to tuesday?? or do i go home evry day after shift.■■ what sort of pay is expected??
I am dead chuffed that stobbies have called me but dont want to land myself in the proverbial.
I believe you have to do a 2 day driving induction with them also is this true?? :confused:

When I did my induction for Stobarts, the trampers were told in no uncertain terms that they’d be run to the max hours.

With tramping, you start from your home depot on say, Monday, and you’re usually out all week until your last card so it could mean not getting home until Saturday night if you can do a reduced weekly rest although you might be lucky and get home a night or two. Basically, be prepared to live in your truck 5 days a week.

No idea what the pay is now but you’ll be getting night out money, meal allowance etc so should be a half reasonable amount.

Yes you do an induction but when I did mine, several of the inductees drove down from their home depot in the units they were assigned, did the 2 day induction and were out working for the rest of the week without returning home first so be prepared to take all your night out gear with you.

HOWEVER if you like being home, having a family life, a social life and seeing your mates, tramping isn’t for you.

optidrive:
got a call from eddie stobbarts today offering me a class 1 tramping job days weekends out of appleton thorn.
first of all what is tramping and what does it invove?? second will i be away from home for the duration of the shifts ie from thurs to tuesday?? or do i go home evry day after shift.■■ what sort of pay is expected??
I am dead chuffed that stobbies have called me but dont want to land myself in the proverbial.
I believe you have to do a 2 day driving induction with them also is this true?? :confused:

pm sent read

Why did you not ask these questions at the interveiw :confused: Surely they would of told you all the info before offering the job :confused: :confused:

Big ■■■■:
Why did you not ask these questions at the interveiw :confused: Surely they would of told you all the info before offering the job :confused: :confused:

when i got the call from them i was in the yard with management around so couldnt really speak also i was taken back with shock cos they got back intouch. :open_mouth:

tramping is good if you’re an independent sort, if you or the mrs need eachothers company it could be a struggle. i love it cos it takes me everywhere in the country possibly into europe.