Stobart pay frequency

Hi,

I have been for interview/ assessment this afternoon with Stobarts. I was offered the job but forgot to ask frequency of pay.
could anyone shed light on this for me.

Thanks.

Depends what shifts your doing pal and if its day or night

Frequency- you get paid fortnightly. But they pay you 2 seperate weeks if that makes sense?

And I thought Stobbies did it for the love of it! :smiley:

Bud143:
Depends what shifts your doing pal and if its day or night

friday-tuesday on days (unfortunately) would have preferred nights.

Fileep:
Frequency- you get paid fortnightly. But they pay you 2 seperate weeks if that makes sense?

No, I can honestly say that it didnt make sense lol.
thanks though

i did tues-sat tramping and take home three years ago was 5-550 per week so you will be on slightly more than that.That was for average of 65 hours.When you break it down you get a good meal allowance and night out rate.

Think the day men at the time were taking 400 home for just days no nights out.Hope it helps.You have to stay on them days for so long aswell before you can swop!I wouldnt work for them again though.I was based at Goole doing mainly tesco work but some general aswell

Bud143:
i did tues-sat tramping and take home three years ago was 5-550 per week so you will be on slightly more than that.That was for average of 65 hours.When you break it down you get a good meal allowance and night out rate.

Unfortunately its not a tramping position, don’t think they employ trampers much now. running units 24/7 instead.
I worked out i would probably take home 400pw for 60 hours. Not much I know, but would cover what i needed. perhaps I was a little naive thinking Stobarts would pay well LOL.
I am mainly trying to find out When you get paid, I know I will never be a millionaire from them. Just seems to be nothing else around. No one wants to pay good money.

that sounds about right for those hours.i am back on bullk haulage its better work i think and i get paid more

trying to find out what the average wage is per week for a days driver?

haribo4000:

Bud143:

Unfortunately its not a tramping position, don’t think they employ trampers much now. running units 24/7 instead.
I worked out i would probably take home 400pw for 60 hours. Not much I know, but would cover what i needed. perhaps I was a little naive thinking Stobarts would pay well LOL.
I am mainly trying to find out When you get paid, I know I will never be a millionaire from them. Just seems to be nothing else around. No one wants to pay good money.

i did a similar shift to you on days,sat-wed[2 days at weekend,3 days in week]
i think your a bit away with your workings on hrs/pay-the pay slip i have in front of me[as near as i can get to 60 hrs shows-62 hrs-gross 647.15-net 481.37[assuming your on same rate/f/b/m/a as me],are you working it all out at 7.75 p.h :question: 60x7.75 :question: ,remember your on 8.60 before 6 a.m,enhanced rates for w/ends,m/a is not taxable.
another one 62.75 hrs-gross 667.51-net 495.29
or
50 hrs-gross 540.67-net-434.07
or
79 hrs-gross 861.66-net 631.39
few examples of what youd earn doing varying hours doing the shifts your doing,to me the BIG let down with pay is holiday pay,you loose your f/b,m/a so its 50x 7.75 :frowning:
best of luck

Thanks for the info adys, very informative. That’s exactly what I needed to hear. Was in 2 minds whether to take job or not.
Think I will give it a try.
Thanks again. :smiley:

and if you don’t like the job look for another in the mean time. I wouldn’t get out of bed for £25 an hour!

mickyblue:
and if you don’t like the job look for another in the mean time. I wouldn’t get out of bed for £25 an hour!

No, but you will for £8 :laughing:

OVLOV JAY:

mickyblue:

No, but you will for £8 :laughing:

It seems to be the theme on here at the moment “£450 a week, pfftt, wouldn’t wake up for that” if you know what i mean

I worked at stobarts about 3 years ago and the take home for me was 5-550 for 60-65 hours.The shifts you do you get paid more for so there will be a difference.They usually give you a sheet with the workings out for the different shifts.

ady1:

haribo4000:

Bud143:

i did a similar shift to you on days,sat-wed[2 days at weekend,3 days in week]
i think your a bit away with your workings on hrs/pay-the pay slip i have in front of me[as near as i can get to 60 hrs shows-62 hrs-gross 647.15-net 481.37[assuming your on same rate/f/b/m/a as me],are you working it all out at 7.75 p.h :question: 60x7.75 :question: ,remember your on 8.60 before 6 a.m,enhanced rates for w/ends,m/a is not taxable.
another one 62.75 hrs-gross 667.51-net 495.29
or
50 hrs-gross 540.67-net-434.07
or
79 hrs-gross 861.66-net 631.39
few examples of what youd earn doing varying hours doing the shifts your doing,to me the BIG let down with pay is holiday pay,you loose your f/b,m/a so its 50x 7.75 :frowning:
best of luck

Aren’t new starts on the old rates £7.20 for the first 12 months?

Whatever the pay the planners are ■■■■ and so make it ■■■■ to work for them!

bluenose:
Aren’t new starts on the old rates £7.20 for the first 12 months?

Yea, £7.20 ph 06:00-18:00
£8.10 ph 18:00-06:00

That is hourly rate for first 12 months.
also no f/b for first 3 months.

12 months seems a long time to be on probationary pay to be honest, but beggers cant be choosers.
This is my first full time driving job, I gotta start somewhere. Even if it is low pay and more travelling.