Drivers bag what do you carry

I used to carry a bit of fishing tackle,just in case an opportunity for a bit of"guesting"arose.

Everything has pretty much been mentioned, but to add to the list, I find carrying a spare crank handle and a couple of log books help in the event you’re given an older motor. A spare dog clip might be useful too, as I’ve had to use mine once or twice over the years.

this bag supposed to be for day men right…otherwise…you will have your own truck…with all the bits in…ie : fridge…coffee maker cooker bedding and all the other bits and bobs.
so i amazed at what some drivers carry in their day bag…hacksaw,hammer ffs…amongst other stuff…as a day driver i wouldnt need tools of any kind…especially those ive mentioned…so long as you have a working phone thats ok…if the motor aint sound…it aint going out…not with me anyway. but most other stuff i would carry…pens… map…satnav…wet wipes…gloves…hi viz…a few quid for food…thats about it.

truckyboy:
so i amazed at what some drivers carry in their day bag…hacksaw,hammer ffs…amongst other stuff…as a day driver i wouldnt need tools of any kind…especially those ive mentioned…so long as you have a working phone thats ok…

If your a day driver wanting to get home, why would you want to sit around for hours waiting for call outs when you could make a quick running repair yourself.

It sounds like a few of you are heading towards pushing a shopping trolley around containing all your worldly goods.

Because I’m a man, I’ve never had a bag, I have pockets instead. Enough room in them for a phone, a wallet, a packet of ■■■■ and a lighter. Job done.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Forgive my ignorance, but from my (many years a camper-vanner) perspective, I can’t understand why many drivers (and trampers in particular) don’t carry a small porta-potti in the cab, rather than having to resort to other ‘improvised manoeuvres’.
In a cab where the passenger seat tips up, (Actros ?) A small unit would sit neatly below, out of sight and only to be revealed once the cab curtains are closed.
I know many will have reservations about ‘■■■■■■■■ in the cab’, but with the right hygiene procedures it’s a hell of a lot better than the alternatives IMHO.

Oh, and by the way - as long as the seals are in good condition and the correct chemicals are used, there’s no smell.

Anglo-Nubian:
Forgive my ignorance, but from my (many years a camper-vanner) perspective, I can’t understand why many drivers (and trampers in particular) don’t carry a small porta-potti in the cab, rather than having to resort to other ‘improvised manoeuvres’.
In a cab where the passenger seat tips up, (Actros ?) A small unit would sit neatly below, out of sight and only to be revealed once the cab curtains are closed.
I know many will have reservations about ‘■■■■■■■■ in the cab’, but with the right hygiene procedures it’s a hell of a lot better than the alternatives IMHO.

Oh, and by the way - as long as the seals are in good condition and the correct chemicals are used, there’s no smell.

Off the top of my head I reckon that trampers and caravaners are two distinctly different breeds and that for a tramper the thought of having an unsecured turd in his bedroom fills him with horror.

Anglo-Nubian:

A great idea…

Up until the point where your motor goes in for a service and you forget to take the thing out.

I gaurantee the fitter who tips the cab will refuse to clean the mess up.

ezydriver:
A spare dog clip might be useful too, as I’ve had to use mine once or twice over the years.

If a dog clip (and chain) ain’t fitted it is not a required to use one i believe , someone will correct me if i am wrong :confused:

RIPPER:

ezydriver:
A spare dog clip might be useful too, as I’ve had to use mine once or twice over the years.

If a dog clip (and chain) ain’t fitted it is not a required to use one i believe , someone will correct me if i am wrong :confused:

But if there’s a chain dangling in the wind minus one dog clip, then I assume a dog clip is required.

rob22888:

truckyboy:
so i amazed at what some drivers carry in their day bag…hacksaw,hammer ffs…amongst other stuff…as a day driver i wouldnt need tools of any kind…especially those ive mentioned…so long as you have a working phone thats ok…

If your a day driver wanting to get home, why would you want to sit around for hours waiting for call outs when you could make a quick running repair yourself.

^
This
Day driver or distance, repair it yourself, saves hours of waiting around. Our old tilts are pretty battered apart from the newer Krones, cables ties, roll of wire, wire strippers,connectors/ scotch locks, blanking clamps ect can save a huge amount of time…nearly forgot the most essential thing…sledge hammer… :grimacing:

Any repair that can be done with a scotch lock or a cable tie isn’t going to see me stuck at the side of the road waiting for a fitter. Unless the vehicle is undriveable it’s going back to the yard.

AndrewG:
…nearly forgot the most essential thing…sledge hammer… :grimacing:

A hammer according to Jeremy Clarkson is indeed important

rob22888:

truckyboy:

I’m paid by the hour.

I’ll happily sit there reading a book for hours on end being paid.

The idea of me doing myself out of money and getting dirty fixing a truck is preposterous.

peirre:

AndrewG:
…nearly forgot the most essential thing…sledge hammer… :grimacing:

A hammer according to Jeremy Clarkson is indeed important

Or, as the R.E.M.E call them, tools: Fine adjust.

got to agree with Sammyn,it aint mine…i aint fixing it…not like the old days when we stripped engines down at the side of the road,those days are well past,and many companies today wont allow it,if it drives its going home…i can always manage that

Stinka:
Gaffer tape
Cable ties
Lube
Bin liners
Hack saw
Fire lighters
Deodorant

Always have a small foldable tarpaulin as well. 2x2m

And you’re bound to find someone who’ll use all these on you for the pleasure you crave. :laughing:

newmercman:
It sounds like a few of you are heading towards pushing a shopping trolley around containing all your worldly goods.

Because I’m a man, I’ve never had a bag, I have pockets instead. Enough room in them for a phone, a wallet, a packet of ■■■■ and a lighter. Job done.

Do you carry a sandwich around in your pocket too? :laughing:

I carry money in my pockets, I use it to buy food, I’m at work, not on a picnic.

This driver is prepared for a 12hr shift [emoji1][emoji1]