Essentials

Evening all,

Apologies if this has already been asked before… Would anyone be kind enough to let me know what kit I should carry in my bag?

I start my new job tomorrow and as a total newby I’m sure there’s a few things I might be missing.

So far I’ve got:

Sat nav
Map
Pens
Tachos
Tacho rolls
PPE
chargers
Mobile phone

If anyone could add to this, I’d appreciate it

Cheers.

Paul J:
Evening all,

Apologies if this has already been asked before… Would anyone be kind enough to let me know what kit I should carry in my bag?

I start my new job tomorrow and as a total newby I’m sure there’s a few things I might be missing.

So far I’ve got:

Sat nav
Map
Pens
Tachos
Tacho rolls
PPE
chargers
Mobile phone

If anyone could add to this, I’d appreciate it

Cheers.

Bulldog clips, rubber bands for Number plate. Small crowbar. screwdrivers. Metre of twine to hold doors open.Gloves. paracetamol.

Cloth (kitchen type will do) to wipe mirrors. Glass cleaner if feeling flush
Gloves
Map
Wallet
Licence and cards

That’ll get you by for a day run.

Flask of hot water and tea/coffee/sugar/milk.

imodium plus just incase :laughing:

Dog clip, some mixed fuses, a couple of cable ties, a torch, tyre depth guage and your bus fare home if it really goes ■■■■ up :slight_smile:

Shall I be first with the un-planned night out scenario :wink:

Niff books :grimacing:

GOG47:

I’ll be doing 1 night out a week anyway, as we have a run to Plymouth :slight_smile:

Paul J:

GOG47:

I’ll be doing 1 night out a week anyway, as we have a run to Plymouth :slight_smile:

Slippers? :wink:

at least one spare lighter + tobacco/ ■■■■ to last longer than you’ve planned to be out (even if you don’t smoke now! :smiley:)
torch + spare batteries
towel
change of clothes inc. jumper/ sweatshirt (can get cold on the hard shoulder waiting for assistance)
snacks + soft drinks
credit cards

print maps of your destination(s) just in case your satnav dies - saves buying local A-Zs/ getting bad directions when asking or if you run into road closures

Basically make sure you have something to eat and drink, can keep warm and dry and can get yourself home if it goes ■■■■ up.

Good quality thermos to save being robbed by ■■■■ Turpin trading as a motorway service,at least ■■■■ the highway robber had the decency to mask his face.
Bungy cords to seperate the air lines.
Baby wipes that make up for no shower.
Anti bacterial wipes to clean the cab.
Tupperware box to store the odd gubbins and what nots.
Clip board to keep paperwork tidy.
Tyre call out phone numbers.
Breakdown numbers.
Big sports bag to haul kit from car to cab.
Puzzle books for long waits.

Baby/wet wipes
Sun glasses
Pain killers
Plastic basin and water container (maybe not essential if only out for one night)
Extra food, plan for more than you need.

Good luck in you’re new job :slight_smile:

chug mags and a bottle of baby oil in case you have a unplanned night out,keep the wetwipes in the fridge so you can slip into something cool and delicious.(im the 2nd one to mention it now and still no takers). :slight_smile:

toby1234abc:
Good quality thermos to save being robbed by ■■■■ Turpin trading as a motorway service,at least ■■■■ the highway robber had the decency to mask his face.
Bungy cords to seperate the air lines.
Baby wipes that make up for no shower.
Anti bacterial wipes to clean the cab.
Tupperware box to store the odd gubbins and what nots.
Clip board to keep paperwork tidy.
Tyre call out phone numbers.
Breakdown numbers.
Big sports bag to haul kit from car to cab.
Puzzle books for long waits.

Bungy cords :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: wtf are you on about tobes :unamused:

Bungy cords are elastic ropes for the suzies, it stops them tangling up and getting grease all over them.

toby1234abc:
Bungy cords are elastic ropes for the suzies, it stops them tangling up and getting grease all over them.

Never ,you learn something everyday :laughing: the topic title says essentials pal,anyway what motor nowadays needs bungy cords :question: they all come with A frames apart from daf :wink:

dieseldog999:
chug mags :slight_smile:

+1, my faves:lol: