Whats in your bag?

Hello all, simple question but open to various answers.

Whats in your ‘day bag’ ? i.e maps, flask etc etc.
What do you find useful/useless whatever.

dont have a bag i just turn up and go nowadays unless theres a job i dont know then i whip the sat nav out the boot

jon

I drive nights, but same sort of idea!

Butties, bottle of flavoured water/squash, kettle, water for kettle, mug, coffee “one cup filters”, coffee mate, blood glucose meter (usefull to keep an eye on things), ■■■■, lighters, gum (to help reduce ■■■■!), wind-up torch, couple of multi-tool kits, gloves, hard hat, hi viz, A-Z of Birmingham (in case they move the hub!), pens, tachos, notepad, mobile, clipboard, spare dog-clip, defect book, mini digital camera and disposable camera.

As I always use the same truck my Hourguard is left in the truck (don’t really need it anyway) and all my maps are there too (don’t need them unless they shut all the major roads). So are my hand wipes, cab cleaning kit and other odds and sods.

I have several bags and boxes which travel with me but I have a favourite box, (like a comfort blanket) that contains phone chargers, bluetooth connectors, pills and potions, hemarhoid cream etc.

It has also got my passport and fuelcards and 3 mobile phones. Stapler, Thing for getting horses hooves out of my tyres and a tape measure in case I ever meet Scanny 77 :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
and a tape measure in case I ever meet Scanny 77 :stuck_out_tongue:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I know Im not a truck driver (just a lowly bus driver :laughing: ) but in my bag, is my cash box, my emergency tickets, my fares chart (used in conjunction with emergency tickets), accident form used in event of a prang, drivers handbook, ticket machine module, a pen, a yellow HV, my waterproof jacket, a copy of “Nuts” magazine, and as Im out of Basingstoke all day, chicken and pickle sandwiches ( :sunglasses: ), flask of coffee and my “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” book :blush:

it all depends on what i am doin if i am on ma own truck it will be a carrier bag with ma butties in or if i am on one of the other’s it will be a rucksack with ma clipboard(spare tacho’s used tacho’s ) a couple of mapbook’s a pair of glove’s an ma daily intake of coke usually about 6 tin’soh an cig’s mobile bluetoothhy type thing

Thermos; 2 apples; 2 cans Redbull; small bottle of water; 2 pairs of ‘rigger’ gloves; UK LGV atlas; towel; latest reading matter; 5 rubber bungees; spare dog-clip; spare height display; tape measure; 2 snap-clips (for attaching trailer plates); cab cleaning kit; handwash gel; wet wipes; a few wire ties; a few fuses & a fuse puller; tube of glue; elastic bands; 2 torches; camera; spare batteries; couple of biros; marker pen; tacho wallet; phone charger; Pro-plus; TicTacs:

I think that’s about it… - accumulated over the years.

Simon Barnes:
Whats in your ‘day bag’ ?

Truckers Atlas and a pair of gloves, oh, and a couple of unread newspapers. When i’m back on analouge tacho there will be a few charts in there too.

NOTHING AT ALL APART FROM ME DIGI TACHO WTF you all agy drivers or what deal with the problem,s when they occure

carlbrum:
NOTHING AT ALL APART FROM ME DIGI TACHO WTF you all agy drivers or what deal with the problem,s when they occure

What? Like you put a digi card in a work bag or you take the actual VU with you?

Mike-C:

carlbrum:

What? Like you put a digi card in a work bag or you take the actual VU with you?

i do carry a bag mike it has my car key,s sandwich (blt) and a coat

sat nav, wash kit, uk and europe maps, change of clothes, clean towel/underwear and socks,cd’s,clean pj’s,passport, back issues of tmw and m psp. rest of my gear is already in truck.

Too much stuff that I don’t need.

I really need to cut down on the rubbish I lug around.

Change of clothes, wash kit, gloves, torch, tape measure, phone charger, paracetamol type tablets, pens, tachos, note pad, camera, flask, passport, European health insurance card, driving licence, digi tacho card (still unused after 15 months of having it).

Oh - I forgot :open_mouth: A book - could even be “Coffee to Go” but isn’t 'cos I’ve read it twice :laughing: :laughing:

sat nav,
rigger gloves,
torch,
tacos,
spare tacos,
about 300 biros,
hivis,
pills and potions,
NICORETT chewing gum, ( for driving)
Road map of GB ( to check against the sat nav)
crisps
phone charger,
licence
Book
baccy-tin lighter, rizlas etc (for when im not driving)
and if im on an overnight - a laptop.

Rennies

I carry way too much crap, most of which i dont need but i like to have it.

I carry Two bags, a daily work bag, and a tool bag - which if i know i will be using the same truck ill leave in it.

Work Bag :
Tacho Wallet
Defect Sheet
Hour Log Book
Ice Scraper [it’ll get cold soon]
Food
Wallet
Phone + Charger
Sat Nav
Cig Lighter multiplug thing
Pens
Pro Plus
Thermos Mug

Tool Bag :
Tool Box [Spanners, Pliers, etc]
Spare Light Bulbs
Spare Air Suzie Line
One Tonne Rachets x 4
Five Tonne Rachets x 2
Window Cleaning Spray
Gloves

Still think i carry too much, espc as an agency driver, but i refuse to use [zb]y old straps and i am happy to ahem over ahem charge for any bulbs or suzies that i have to replace.

pens
blank tachos
bungees
maps for the day
painkillers (just in case)
multi-tool
torch
puzzle book
gloves