Driven for 10hours and 9 mins will vosa be bothered?

robroy:
You’re well entitled to your view mate.
However as long as you were not running for some incompetent prick of a TM (as the o/p obviously is) and you had plenty time to complete your run, I can not see why anyone would object to a night out every 3rd blue moon due to a genuine unforseen circumstance rta, snow etc …(not our mate’s situation I hasten to add that is MUCH different :unamused: )

Transport is (and always has been) ‘Transport’…[zb] happens from time to time, nature of the game, can’t be helped…end of… you have rightly pointed out you agree with that.

I have been an employer in the past, but only trampers I have employed.
If I did employ men for day work it would be on the terms of something like this…

‘‘I don’t expect you to have nights out as daymen, I will plan your traffic accordingly so you easily get home every night.
However if an emergency situation occurs through no fault of mine, or yours, which is totally unavoidable, I have provided you with a sleeper cab, and I will pay you night out expenses’’
It’s called give and take mate. :bulb:

I’m speaking biased as a life long tramper here, but I can never understand some diva type attitudes, like ‘I aint ever having nights out me’ :unamused:
Given the points I have made about transport, I can not understand why these guys wanted to be drivers in the first place.

Not having a pop btw mate at you or most daymen, just my opinion and pov.

I don’t disagree with you rob regarding exceptional circumstances. Touch wood, i’ve only had to night out twice in all my time driving due to extreme weather & a fatal RTC on the M6, but I took it on the chin on those two occasions and would do again.

My toys only get thrown out of the pram if asked to do a night out if it’s because I wasn’t planned a sensible run in the first place. If traffic insist that I do a run thats only borderline achievable, i will give it a go, but don’t expect me to stay out if it doesn’t work out because of common day to day hold ups - it’s their risk.

Steve-o:
Don’t worry about it. If AndrewG is in front of you when you get near the checkpoint it will probably be him getting pulled for running at 50t or something. It’s always good to make sure you’re behind a cowboy when passing checkpoints; keeps the focus off the good boys and girls.

Pulled for overweight?? Never! Passing checkpoints is a mugs game… :stuck_out_tongue: