Driven for 10hours and 9 mins will vosa be bothered?

Driven for 4h 28m took a break drove for a further 1h 41m seen a burger van so decided to pull over for a 45 then drove back to the yard which took me 4h 1m due to an accident on the A1

In all i have driven for 10h and 9 mins, will vosa kick a fuss up if i got pulled?

Done a print out and wrote on about traffic jam and no where safe and suitable to park up for the night so drove back to yard

Thanks in advance
Adam

I’m not being funny but why did you do that. You already exercised your right to extend your drive by 1 hour but still had to go over that. They will line up and shoot you till there is nothing left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pickandmix:
I’m not being funny but why did you do that. You already exercised your right to extend your drive by 1 hour but still had to go over that. They will line up and shoot you till there is nothing left

I knew i was going to use my extended 1 hour drive due to my TM planning the route out going over a 9 hour, it was going to be a 9h 20m trip in total if all was well but due to traffic its put me over.

Evil8Beezle:

:laughing: can i at least spend my overtime first :laughing:

Should be planed like that in the first place. I’d have had night out or refused to do it

Just do a print out mate and write some bollox on it.
The end! :smiley:

TruckerAds:
Driven for 4h 28m took a break drove for a further 1h 41m seen a burger van so decided to pull over for a 45 then drove back to the yard which took me 4h 1m due to an accident on the A1

In all i have driven for 10h and 9 mins, will vosa kick a fuss up if i got pulled?

Done a print out and wrote on about traffic jam and no where safe and suitable to park up for the night so drove back to yard

Thanks in advance
Adam

You must have known you would not get back in time due to rta.surely mate.
You could have found somewhere with …say an hour to spare for example. Why wait to bitter end and beyond to decide ‘‘nowhere safe and suitable to park’’
The 10 hr facility is like a ‘‘get out of jail free’’ card on your standard 9 hours, not something to be done compulsory,.and definitely not something to drive over when you have plenty chances to park before it is up.
Not only that but you done yourself out of your 25 quid or whatever n/out, while risking prosecution into the bargain. :unamused:
There is getting caught out, and there is taking the ■■■■. :bulb:

Dont worry about it, apart from the vosa firing squad or having your nuts removed with some kind of blunt gardening tool which they use now you’ll be fine…

The 10 hour drive and 15 hour spread are the ones to not ■■■■■■■■ up.

If its a one off and the only naughty they find, and your digi card backs up the excuses you give (they will look, i ended up with an 18 hour shift before i could find a parking space after a motorway blow out with a weirdo tyre size, they could see on my tacho card where i’d slowed up trying to find a space in layby’s), they were fine, you will probably be ok with a verbal warning, but if they see deviant :open_mouth: behaviour is regular they won’t be so forgiving.

Golden rule of Ministry/VOSA/DVSA/whatever they call themselves this week, do not take the ■■■■ and be polite.

If your company take their O licence seriously you will be in deep doodoo with them, but seeing as they plan 9 hour drives presumably assuming the road is like 5am on a Sunday morning all day every day, then you’ll probably get a bonus for doing so much :wink:

I’m struggle to understand how any person driver or planner can say at the start of your day ‘9hr20’ driving. To many things come into play that will negatively affect your hours. As stated about the extra hour gifted to you twice weekly is YOUR get out of jail card not something for your office to plan for. That’s abit naughty really, going over that 10 hrs is also abit naughty. From 9hr onward I’m usually working for my benefit, get some nice parking somewhere or knock an hour off my next shift… most office types or drivers that live in rdc waiting rooms will have you believe that vosa will hang you for that, never gonna happen doubt you will even get a pull. If they did they have 27 other charts to look at, so long as it’s not a regular thing they won’t say boo to you. Chill out

Im a day man, not that i use that as an excuse but i try my best to get home every night with my young family, as in try my best i know a few tips and tricks to shave a few minutes off my sat nav arrival time, Hence me running to the bare bone got it done from what was gonna be 18 mins over to just 9mins in the end not to bad,

Cheers to all the realistic drives…

richie22:
I’m struggle to understand how any person driver or planner can say at the start of your day ‘9hr20’ driving. To many things come into play that will negatively affect your hours. As stated about the extra hour gifted to you twice weekly is YOUR get out of jail card not something for your office to plan for. That’s abit naughty really, going over that 10 hrs is also abit naughty. From 9hr onward I’m usually working for my benefit, get some nice parking somewhere or knock an hour off my next shift… most office types or drivers that live in rdc waiting rooms will have you believe that vosa will hang you for that, never gonna happen doubt you will even get a pull. If they did they have 27 other charts to look at, so long as it’s not a regular thing they won’t say boo to you. Chill out

They do it because they know many drivers are stupid enough to try and achieve it. :unamused:
You can never account for unforseens on the road, as illustrated by the o/post.
If I’m told ‘‘Oh, you will get there by …o clock’’
I just say ‘‘Oh I will, will I ?..we’ll just have to wait and see eh’’ …and then I make sure I don’t depending on how arsey I am feeling on the day.

TruckerAds:
Im a day man, not that i use that as an excuse but i try my best to get home every night with my young family, as in try my best i know a few tips and tricks to shave a few minutes off my sat nav arrival time, Hence me running to the bare bone got it done from what was gonna be 18 mins over to just 9mins in the end not to bad,

Your sat nav timing indicated that you were going to be 18 minutes over your 10 hour drive time? And you pushed on? And used ‘a few tips and tricks’ to shave 9th minutes off? (Ignoring 7.5 ton weight restrictions? )

To spend how much quality time with your young family? ( why is it always a ‘young family’? I remember bending the rules on occasion, but that was inevitably because I was on a promise…)

TruckerAds:

So anybody who does not agree with you is UN realistic ? :unamused:

Ok then bud, fill yer boots, take no notice of driving times, just crack on rushing around to meet (and sometimes go over) your schedules, vosa don’t give a ■■■■.
Am I now a ‘‘realistic drive’’ ?

robroy:

No you’re a (and I quote :wink:) “a Bad breathed boring little tramp”. :grimacing:

I’m going to look for some middle ground now and suggest the OP knows this was stupid and a one off.
And if the OP doesn’t, then he deserves all that’s coming to him…
Simples! :smiley:

P.S. I’m not sure what I’d do though, as I wouldn’t fancy a night out as a day man without my teddy bear! :open_mouth:

TruckerAds:

The thing is though that your office really shouldn’t be planning 9 hour 20 minute runs for a day driver, that’s just crazy planning, if you are planned a 9 hour 20 minute run and agree to do it you should go prepared for a night out, it’s road transport mate and not many things are as unpredictable as road transport.

Evil8Beezle:

robroy:

No you’re a (and I quote :wink:) “a Bad breathed boring little tramp”. :grimacing:

I’m going to look for some middle ground now and suggest the OP knows this was stupid and a one off.
And if the OP doesn’t, then he deserves all that’s coming to him…
Simples! :smiley:

P.S. I’m not sure what I’d do though, as I wouldn’t fancy a night out as a day man without my teddy bear! :open_mouth:

Maybe so,… but if he had said that at first instead of asking a specific question…ie. ‘‘Will VOSA kick up a fuss if pulled’’
AND then go on to accuse those who give him the actual answer which is ‘‘Yes’’ :bulb: , of not being ‘‘realistic’’ :smiling_imp:
Why ask the ■■■■ question if you don’t want to hear the correct answer ffs? :unamused:

You are in charge of these ■■■■ newbies aint you?, get em sorted !
Even Tachograph agrees with ME :open_mouth: ffs!

Meanwhile I’m off for a mouthwash and a shower. :laughing:
(I also really need to sort out my abbreviated Tourettes :smiley: )

tachograph:

TruckerAds:

The thing is though that your office really shouldn’t be planning 9 hour 20 minute runs for a day driver, that’s just crazy planning, if you are planned a 9 hour 20 minute run and agree to do it you should go prepared for a night out, it’s road transport mate and not many things are as unpredictable as road transport.

The TMs favourite catch phrase, Until you fire it back at them when things go ■■■■ up.

your a day man, does that mean you only have a day cab?

tbh if i was in your position i think i may have done the same if i was in a day cab, but if a sleeper then pull over well before the end of your driving time…

but i would not have been in that position, i would have sorted it before leaving the yard, either drops/collections taken off or just not go, all presuming it is a day cab, if not then i would have just expected a night out and found somewhere to my liking to park up…