Infringement ie excess driving

i made a big mistake last week and drove an hour over my ten hour limit, what will happen if i get stopped by vosa in the future, will i get fined or points on licence this is worring me as i already have 6 points from 2007, for speeding, i.e 46 on a 60mph single carriageway, should of learnt lesson first time but i got done again same cicumstances different road, i think i may have driven betwwen 5 and 8 minutes on 2 occasions aswell, i have a davy hours guard but the digi card seems to add more minutes driving, the hour was a complete mental block or blonde moment, i just need to know what vosas punishment would be

For exceeding the driving time by up to, but not including 1 hour you could be subject to a fixed penalty of £60. For exceeding the driving time by 1 hour up to, but not including - 2 hours it is a £120 fixed penalty. Neither of these are endorsable so no points. So check what the actual driving time was, 10 hours to 10:59 then £60, 11:00+ then £120 if you are stopped or subject to a check at base in the next 6 months.

bazza1965:
i think i may have driven betwwen 5 and 8 minutes on 2 occasions aswell

Not sure what you mean by this bit? Do you mean you exceeded either 4.5 hour limit or daily driving limit by 5 to 8 minutes on a couple of occasions? This is VOSA’s take on it if so.

The legislation shows the first hour as a £60.00 penalty, but VOSA examiners will generally allow a 15 minute tolerance before notice issue. If, however a driver repeatedly ‘makes use’ of this 15 minutes then the examiner may still take action.

If you have three occasions recently they may not allow you the tolerance.

many thanks for reply puts my mind at rest next question how do you explain the missing funds from bank account to the other half, lol

bazza1965:
how do you explain the missing funds from bank account to the other half, lol

bazza1965:
blonde moment

Answered your own question there. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

ooops no way i think if it comes to it ill tell the truth i value my privates lol

bazza1965:
ooops no way i think if it comes to it ill tell the truth i value my privates lol

I hear you. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: