Tacho-daily limit

hI.CAN YOU HELP.today i was working long day and total driving time 10 hours 25 minut.about 13pm i start drive from leicestershire to London(7.5 tonne truck).i had 5 h.30 min spare driving time.normally it is Ok.but M 1 was clean.when come in in London turn to A 406.,and was road congestion.5-7 mile drive about 1 hours.same wa then come back to Leicester.
My question now.
I amj make print out.now i am need in back side of printout fill why and what happened.what is betta right -just why was road congestion,or some more.■■?if me stop VOSA --for this 30 minut overdriving can be big problem or not■■?(i am was taked 2 for 45 minut break time,working time limit Ok)
think you for advice.
p.s i am new driver

Doesn’t matter what you write on the back of the printout as you should have stopped driving before exceeding 10 hours. You can only go over the 10 hours due to unforeseen circumstances and then only to the first suitable parking place. Your delay took place earlier in the shift and using the M1 you passed several suitable parking places.

what do now -call do DVLA and said lost card.what you do in this situation if left just 20 mile before base.and i am drive today 7.5 tonene truck.he don t have sleepeng space any way■■?

Andrejs:
what do now -call do DVLA and said lost card.what you do in this situation if left just 20 mile before base.and i am drive today 7.5 tonene truck.he don t have sleepeng space any way■■?

Personally, I would write on printout held up by unforeseen traffic delays and leave it at that.
With no sleeper cab I reckon you should be ok. Keep printout with you for 28 days.

Yeah, what the hell. Drive as long as you like because you are in a day cab :confused: So now all the bosses have to do is take night cabs from us and we can drive 24 hours a day, yes? :imp:

what you need to do is start saving up for the fine that somebody could hit you with, if you were that close to getting back park up phone office and get them to pick you up.
if you hit the traffic at the end of your drive not so bad but you had plenty of opportunities to stop later in your drive so its your fault you broke the law in the eyes of vosa or the police.

The Sarge:
Yeah, what the hell. Drive as long as you like because you are in a day cab :confused: So now all the bosses have to do is take night cabs from us and we can drive 24 hours a day, yes? :imp:

What sort of clock do you use, a sundial■■? The guy went over by 25 minutes, not exactly 24 hours is it?
Wind your neck in Mr. Sanctimonious. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Andrejs:

You could lose the card but can you also lose the truck because all the data is on the tacho unit anyway. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

If you had working time left you could have parked up and had someone come and collect you.

DieselDemon:

The Sarge:

What sort of clock do you use, a sundial■■? The guy went over by 25 minutes, not exactly 24 hours is it?

What if it had been a two and a half hour delay - would that have been OK as well? 10 hours 25 minutes is ILLEGAL, perhaps the DCPC training could have it’s uses after all.
You can exceed your driving hours in an emergency only. Getting held up on the North Circular Carpark is hardly an emergency, is it? Happens most days, if I remember correctly…

DieselDemon:

The Sarge:

so its ok to drive 25 minutes over 10 hours because he was 20 miles from base?
why do we have limits then? should we all just think ■■■■ it I’ll just keep going?

welshboyinspain:

DieselDemon:

The Sarge:

so its ok to drive 25 minutes over 10 hours because he was 20 miles from base?
why do we have limits then? should we all just think [zb] it I’ll just keep going?

Honestly, yes! Oh god I’m turning into Limeyphil!

Think some people are being abit harsh really, the guy said he’s a new driver and ■■■■■■ it up, he was just after some advice/help, doesn’t need a bollocking.

Saaamon:
Think some people are being abit harsh really, the guy said he’s a new driver and [zb] it up, he was just after some advice/help, doesn’t need a bollocking.

Well said,Saaamon,common sense prevails. What’s done is done, the guy made a mistake, it can’t be undone. I simply gave the only option available under the circumstances, however, as most of us know, when you are stuck in heavy traffic for long periods of time the digi records a full minute of driving when in fact you have only driven for mere seconds. So although his tacho has recorded 10hrs 25mins driving he may have only actually driven 9hrs 58mins in real time. My view is VOSA might just take a lenient stance on this one.
I might be wrong but it’s not the end of the World is it? We’re all human and we ALL make mistakes from time to time. There are some members on this forum who do not seem to share this philosophy, unfortunately.

that hapend ,it s hapened.I am work just some time for driving,basicly sunday or saturday.next 28 day try work less day.I am dont worry if VOSA give me penalty(100 pound or more).if give 3 points… :unamused: any way it s my fault.before journey was used 4h19 min.I am start from Bardon to London (WOOD GREEN).IT ABOUT 105 MILE.NORMALLY 2-25 HOURS(one way) BUT I am drive 3h 24 minut.return 2h54 minut.

Hi Andrejs, you have PM’s.

DieselDemon:

Saaamon:
Think some people are being abit harsh really, the guy said he’s a new driver and [zb] it up, he was just after some advice/help, doesn’t need a bollocking.

Well said,Saaamon,common sense prevails. What’s done is done, the guy made a mistake, it can’t be undone. I simply gave the only option available under the circumstances, however, as most of us know, when you are stuck in heavy traffic for long periods of time the digi records a full minute of driving when in fact you have only driven for mere seconds. So although his tacho has recorded 10hrs 25mins driving he may have only actually driven 9hrs 58mins in real time.

That is irrelevent. For the purpose of the tacho rules driving time is what is recorded by the unit so he drove for 10 hours 25 minutes. You say you suggested the only option available but as I said before there is no point writing anything on the back of the chart as the delays occurred long before he went over 10 hours. He knew before he set off on the return journey he didn’t have enough time to make it back so arrangements could have been made and you can’t plough on regardless just because you have a day cab.

DieselDemon:
My view is VOSA might just take a lenient stance on this one.

Unlikely as it was avoidable and I would expect him to be fined for sure if stopped.

DieselDemon:
I might be wrong but it’s not the end of the World is it? We’re all human and we ALL make mistakes from time to time. There are some members on this forum who do not seem to share this philosophy, unfortunately.

True, we all make mistakes and then have to accept the consequences but there is no point giving him duff information when he asks what he can do.

DieselDemon:

SORRY.WHAT IT S PM s

Andrejs:
that hapend ,it s hapened.I am work just some time for driving,basicly sunday or saturday.next 28 day try work less day.I am dont worry if VOSA give me penalty(100 pound or more).if give 3 points… :unamused:

Don’t worry about points, it is a fine only for this offence and if it was dealt with by a fixed penalty it would be £60.

Andrejs:

DieselDemon:

SORRY.WHAT IT S PM s

Private Message.

Look up near the top left of the screen and you should see User Control Panel (1 new message). Click there and it will take you to your message inbox where you will see the PM DieselDemon sent you.

think yo .ready found