Tacho-daily limit

Coffeeholic:

True, we all make mistakes and then have to accept the consequences but there is no point giving him duff information when he asks what he can do.

What’s duff about doing a printout writing on the back and keeping it for 28 days?
I’m not a lawyer,I simply gave a point of view. There is no need to be so pedantic. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Edited due to slight sarcasm,I didn’t get my facts quite right,the fine is indeed £60.I mis-read it to be £120,my apologies for my little mistake…

novadata.co.uk/pages/graduat … s-1370.htm

DieselDemon:

Saaamon:
Think some people are being abit harsh really, the guy said he’s a new driver and [zb] it up, he was just after some advice/help, doesn’t need a bollocking.

Well said,Saaamon,common sense prevails. What’s done is done, the guy made a mistake, it can’t be undone. I simply gave the only option available under the circumstances, however, as most of us know, when you are stuck in heavy traffic for long periods of time the digi records a full minute of driving when in fact you have only driven for mere seconds. So although his tacho has recorded 10hrs 25mins driving he may have only actually driven 9hrs 58mins in real time. My view is VOSA might just take a lenient stance on this one.
I might be wrong but it’s not the end of the World is it? We’re all human and we ALL make mistakes from time to time. There are some members on this forum who do not seem to share this philosophy, unfortunately.

I understand your comments about the digi clocking a bit extra in traffic but when he left london to make his journey back he knew he couldn’t make it so should have phoned ahead and sorted the problem. as he carried on regardless of the rule it looks like he’s blatantly disregarded the rule in the eyes of vosa.
it therefore wasn’t the only option available under the circumstances.
yes we all make mistakes but the rules are there for all of us to follow, how many people on here would be jumping up and down if a johnny foreigner in his truck were stopped in the UK having done over 10hrs driving? either we follow the rules or we don’t but as you’ve already admitted its OK to ignore the rules

[.
[/quote]
either we follow the rules or we don’t but as you’ve already admitted its OK to ignore the rules
[/quote]
Thanks for your input, I am well aware of the law,but you need to get down to specsavers,NOWHERE on this thread have I admitted that it’s OK to ignore the rules,and nor would I.I will admit I did my fair share of running bent over the years,but I have upheld the law since I stopped doing international 13 years ago. :stuck_out_tongue:

DieselDemon:

The Sarge:
Yeah, what the hell. Drive as long as you like because you are in a day cab :confused: So now all the bosses have to do is take night cabs from us and we can drive 24 hours a day, yes? :imp:

What sort of clock do you use, a sundial■■? The guy went over by 25 minutes, not exactly 24 hours is it?
Wind your neck in Mr. Sanctimonious. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

well said that man

DieselDemon:
[.

either we follow the rules or we don’t but as you’ve already admitted its OK to ignore the rules
[/quote]
Thanks for your input, I am well aware of the law,but you need to get down to specsavers,NOWHERE on this thread have I admitted that it’s OK to ignore the rules,and nor would I.I will admit I did my fair share of running bent over the years,but I have upheld the law since I stopped doing international 13 years ago. :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]
I made the mistake of assuming your statement saying its not the end of the world meant it was OK. but anybody who has said he was wrong to do it like myself and sarge seem to be the ones in the wrong and the OP should be let down gently

welshboyinspain:

DieselDemon:
[.

I appreciate and accept your reply,I know he did wrong but he is a newbie and may have been a bit confused / panicked,however under the circumstances VOSA have the power to deal with this kind of one-off mistake lightly,…
Sanctions
Action taken against drivers’ hours and tachograph rules infringements is largely determined by
legislation, and includes the following:
u Verbal warnings
Minor infringements that appear to enforcement staff to have been committed either accidentally
or due to the inexperience of the driver/operator and are isolated instances may be dealt with by
means of a verbal warning. This will include a clarification of the infringement and an explanation
of the consequences of continued infringement.
That is all I was pointing out and got a severe bollocking for it. As for The Sarge, I felt he came over a bit too scathing under the circumstances. Anyway, no hard feelings, and this is my last post on the subject as I’m getting bored with it now. :slight_smile: I’ll try to keep my posts limited to words of one or two syllables in future to avoid being misinterpreted. : :laughing: :laughing: Regards to all,DD

DieselDemon:

The Sarge:
Yeah, what the hell. Drive as long as you like because you are in a day cab :confused: So now all the bosses have to do is take night cabs from us and we can drive 24 hours a day, yes? :imp:

What sort of clock do you use, a sundial■■? The guy went over by 25 minutes, not exactly 24 hours is it?
Wind your neck in Mr. Sanctimonious. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

And if he does it every day?

Hi Andrejs

Try not to worry too much, a lot of drivers are confused by the rules when they first start driving.

Chances are you wont e stopped by VOSA in the next 28 days unless the company you work for are known by them as a problem. If you are stopped make sure you have your printout with you with an honest explanation, then just be freindly and polite to them and say you made a mistake because you are green, you now know what you did and wont do it again (make sure you dont do it again). Also I would strongly advise you to have a good read of the rules and ask questions on this forum (remember there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers).
Oh yes and just in case you are stopped it will really help your case if your vehicle has NO DEFECTS, do your checks carefully.

good luck mate :smiley: