Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

I see what you did there with the innuendo of ; Have to bang them in hard and tight ; Direct from the script writers of the Carry On films oooh Matron !

Andrew oop Norf at rest, Buzzer.

Well Wrighty today my Charolais went to market so here’s the report as promised, I was a bit apprehensive as to the outcome but saw the auctioneer in pens and he told me he reckoned them to average £1100 so it was a nervous wait till mine came in the ring, they were split up by size but there was not alot of difference to be honest. When the first four in started at £1100 I knew they would fly and at the end of the three minutes it took to sell them the 7 steers averaged £1220 and amazingly the 7 heifers £1272 and an overall average of £1205 after commission’s etc so a very pleasing day it has to be said, its not every time you come from the market feeling chuffed but today I was, onwards now to try and find some young ones to go again, Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

Well what a good do you had with the charolais they added up nicely, it makes the effort worthwhile when you have a flyer but as they say quality allus sells. Are the next batch going straight out to grass or will you house them first…?
We are cracking on with lambing all the lambers are now in the shed about a 100 left to lamb so there is light at the end of the tunnel, and only 1 more cow to calve before the next batch in June so all going to plan at the moment…

Cheers Wrighty.

IMG_1195.JPG

Buzzer:
Well Wrighty today my Charolais went to market so here’s the report as promised, I was a bit apprehensive as to the outcome but saw the auctioneer in pens and he told me he reckoned them to average £1100 so it was a nervous wait till mine came in the ring, they were split up by size but there was not alot of difference to be honest. When the first four in started at £1100 I knew they would fly and at the end of the three minutes it took to sell them the 7 steers averaged £1220 and amazingly the 7 heifers £1272 and an overall average of £1205 after commission’s etc so a very pleasing day it has to be said, its not every time you come from the market feeling chuffed but today I was, onwards now to try and find some young ones to go again, Buzzer.

Sounds like you had a good day Buzzer. :smiley:

Sounds like Charolais is the way to go.

wrighty by eck them cows got some asses on em, as for the market result I did have a smile on me fizzog ont way hame.

Dean cleaned out the barn ready for the next lot as its nice and dry so ready to rock & roll but may be hard to find replacements at right money, Buzzer.

Plenty of beasts in these sheds Buzzer on wrightys patch at Culgaith :smiley:

Nice gesture from Carrier Transicold who sent us this framed picture to mark our long association with them keeping us cool on the road over many of the years of our 50 in the transport Industry so here’s to many more years in the future of that partnership, Buzzer.

Evening all couple for ya nothing exciting :unamused: :unamused: loaded in Belvedere for Holland this week just a little bit of pond hopping
16C35CEA-71E1-44B3-8EB1-8817EB0AC4AB.jpeg

Followed by a bit of scrumping to get me back to Blighty :smiley: :smiley: :sunglasses:
F4560F50-8B41-4D69-A33E-E83480AEED3A.jpeg

Parked Spaldink for weekend :unamused: :unamused:
BEDD6CCF-64DE-48E5-BBEC-4E551F967009.jpeg

Here is a taste from the other side of the pond, Billy Mallin aka " Geordy Billy " an ex pilot at Davies went to ply his trade in the USA a few years ago now, he settled and drove his own Volvo truck on long distance work eventually retiring, sold up his house and bought a RV to explore other parts of the country but apparently he has got board with that and decided to have another go at the job he loves. He has bought a new Volvo tractor unit and is going back to work for the same company he did work for before.
He is not the only driver who has gone over the pond to try there luck in the transport world, he is accompanied by Steve Diamond in the USA and Clinton Tate who is in Canada but runs mostly to California and we have one returner Ian Birnie aka "Chip " who drives RIGEL today for DIT and he did a bit of Ice Road trucking but he came home as the ice melted, at least thats what he told us when he reapplied, chairs Buzzer.

168991098_3598200680404394_5460806439458951184_n (3).jpg

Hi John. I know Billy super nice guy and real grafter. His last Volvo was as good as new when he sold it.
His mate Robin ex Blackpool boy and Billy came over together and worked for the same companies prior to Billy buying his own truck.
He was down visiting us in Florida just before the pandemic last year.
It’s a small world.
Paul

Hi Paul John tizz a small world with the age of the computer for sure but it keeps us all up to date with whats going on in the transport world for those still involved today.

Went to a special sale of store cattle in Salisbury Market yesterday, nearly 600 head but all far to dear to venture there, best wait a little longer but prices not easing at all, Buzzer

Where’s Wrighty when his input is required ? Probably in the sheep house cuddling all those high value lambs eh! Well they will do him more good than cuddling Alice :wink: as according to our Border News lamb prices in the auctions are “through the roof” both for home trade and export ! So much for all the whining about Brexit sending trade through the floor ! Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:
Where’s Wrighty when his input is required ? Probably in the sheep house cuddling all those high value lambs eh! Well they will do him more good than cuddling Alice :wink: as according to our Border News lamb prices in the auctions are “through the roof” both for home trade and export ! So much for all the whining about Brexit sending trade through the floor ! Cheers Bewick.

Just what I was saying to someone in the market this week Dennis, where are all the Welsh Brexit moaners now not a baa baa sweak out of them now they only do that when things are bad, same for the store cattle prices also through the roof, reckon some have chrystal balls and know summit I dont, Buzzer, :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

Andrew on the flower job today, Buzzer.

Buzzer:

Oh! Aye Buzzer !! no doubt you got into the back of that trailer and turned up back at home with an “armful” looking for brownie points off the Boss ! Crawler ! :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Buzzer:

Bewick:

Just what I was saying to someone in the market this week Dennis, where are all the Welsh Brexit moaners now not a baa baa sweak out of them now they only do that when things are bad, same for the store cattle prices also through the roof, reckon some have chrystal balls and know summit I dont, Buzzer, :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

Sounds like you need to buy privately,rather than at the market like you did before Buzzer. :wink:

Bewick:

Buzzer:

Oh! Aye Buzzer !! no doubt you got into the back of that trailer and turned up back at home with an “armful” looking for brownie points off the Boss ! Crawler ! :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You cheeky beggar Dennis never pilfered out the back of a trailer wi out permission in fact I will have you know took the Boss to a garden center yesterday as we had £180 in vouchers to spend some of which were out of date because of Covid but they still took them plus an extra sixty quid, now the Boss can get on and plant her new border.
Years ago we did regular loads of peaches & nectarines for a customer in London, it was two brothers and they always let us do the QC on the loads but we always asked first, remember the double A nects which you had to leave out of a fridge for a couple days to come round and soften, used to slice and peel them and ad a bit of sugar and they were streets ahead of any cling peaches and the kids loved them, Mary Hopkins moment right there, Buzzer