eeuroway

This chap turned up to do a bit of day relief for Ian. I’m sure he is familiar to some on this thread.

Dai:
any body on here ever pull for or euroway

yes we used to pull for them brian catchpole transport daventry we used to have a renault 420 turbo liner on it also paul maggs was on there also drayhaul from daventry also had a couple of trucks on there

what ever happend to scac i used to see loads of em up & down

cheers
gaz

brian catchpole international used to have a Renault on there as did drayhaul both from daventry

mappo:
Here,s another Davies truck with Scac trailer, was driven by winky i think.
Looks like this one,s been re-loaded with fertiliser from Avonmouth which we
sometimes did after tipping in Neath i think it was. ( bit of bunce for Buzzer )

Mappo, is this truck likely to be HWL 972S ?
I have a picture of the above reg and it is a six wheeler F12. Do you know anything about it, or can you tell me anything about it? Don’t worry if not.

any body on here ever pull for or euroway

Yes we pulled for them out of Portsmouth and before that out of Southampton.

Regards Pat

thanks what years were they can you remember

pulled one for s jones of aldridge once

Sorry Dai cannot remember what years we pulled for them must have been the eighties I remember from Portsmouth I think Ing’s and C A steven’s were on there as well as Maggs.

Regards Pat

Evening Pat, you were spot on about Ings and CA Stevens on for scac it was aruond 84 ish your trucks were on there i remember Tutty was on there with us, i worked for Ings back then he had about 7 trucks on that work, Much cleaner than that horrid tipper work. Think Dave Tutt had a brand new Sania if i remember right,

Yes he had KOW496Y a brand new Scania143 in 1982 I had a Granning air lift tag axel fitted in about 83/84 and that was how it was on SCAC then went on to RH&D out of Poole.

Heres a pic before the conversion with a Jameson Kangaroo trailer

Here’s apic of a Scania 111 that had a daycab and we were converting it to a sleeper by welding on the back and roof of a smashed Sparks of Glastonbury 141! with a SCAC trailer in my yard with a young looking John Shaw.

Wasn’t John Cornelius from west country on there as well??

Regards Pat

Yeah John Cornelius From Yeovil Remember him well, Still doing the tippers i think. Im having trouble seeing any pictures on this site ‘SO ANNOYING’ coz i’de like to of seen them, All your photo’s sound good. I will have to get it sorted. Any ideas■■? Im only getting a white box with a red cross in■■? Where the pic would be. I Got loads of photo’s to put on soon also.

Regards Kev

No Idea what that is Kev have you got some sort of spyware or pop up blocker operating as I see them fine?

Regards Pat

yes mate i was on scac in thoses days with the likes of ewan, andy woodrow, pete langley, and all the crew from paultons and maggs.
i started on ings and then ajm transport but you would know me wen i had the mack on paul maggs when nikki left, i had that for ages nice truck wen like ■■■■ on the flat .lol my name is ian and still live in southampton…
happy days back then.

Good morning Ian, Your about early. I Can remember you on Ings and Maggs, You were green behind the ears ha… Into all the truck bling and stuff. I Remember you asked me to get you a poster of a woman for the back window of your Daf. Think i still got it somewhere ha, Never got round to passing it on to ya. Bit slow this site the last couple of days. Im at Winch services on a break, Tipped Paddock wood today. Off now till wednesday.

Ian its been a few years mate, u heard from the goose,

hi mate
bruce lives in valencia and was driving 4 a spanish company driving to the uk , caught the same boat as him a few times , but then i heard he lost his leicence throught drink driving and dont no wot hes doing now thou.
went to pete langley birthdat doo last year and there was some old faces there mate i can tell you.
wot u doing now then mate??

Rember this guy in the photo ?
Henry Roberts this was taken when he used to work for British Int.
When he left there I think he worked for Ridgers then Paultons he
had a Foden then a Scania. I also knew Eddy Breakspear and Bob Taylor
think they used to work for Spencers green motors.

hi kns64
was you on scac in thoses days then, i remember henry, bob and eddie.
i was on there then driving for paul maggs with the mack. and also with alan morton, happy days… who was you on for then ■■? and who are you■■?[/i]