Francis davies kent

I’ll try and post a photo up when i get a chance.

Mark R:
. Im sure Bubbleman must have some, as they were regularly up & down the M4 to Bristol & South Wales.

Thanks Mark for putting me on the spot!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ,This is all I could find and its not one of my pics :neutral_face:

Didnt it take some finding too :open_mouth:

Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Thanks Marcus, thought you might have something. Im surprised you hav’nt got one on the motorway as they went up and down that way alot. I’l try and find some more.

Before the Mercs they ran Scammell Crusaders like this. Sorry about the picture quality.

hi just found this site and to my delight found a picture of a scammell crusader that i belive i spent more time in than at school!
does any-one remeber norman love who use to drive for francis davis? he is still agreat mate of mine but not in the best of health,i use to spend all my time in his lorry and learnt my trade from him.the scammell he had was ■■■ 566l look forward to any replies

Hi Bluecheq27. Its a shame nobody seems to remember Francis Davis. Some of our drivers are ex Davis men who came to us when FDs closed down several years ago and all say what a good job it was. I remember the Scammell Crusaders very well. A mate of mine ( Barry Seager ) drove one but they eventually were replaced with Mercedes & Volvos. I do have some photos of their lorries somewhere. Im sure Bubbleman must have some, as they were regularly up & down the M4 to Bristol & South Wales. They were originally green but later they were plain dark blue with Francis Davis written on the visor.

hi mark r thanks for the response i think i knew your mate not too sure,i had great fun as a kid in the crusaders & can remember some of the old drivers such as Nodder Owen,Cyril Owen,Albert Pout,Dougie,Trevor Powell,Herbbie,Vic,Wally Westwood,they where great days loading at western docks all handball then up the road that night or early morning. learnt how to rope& sheet ,how to stack on pallets my old mate Norman Love even use to let me drive the lorrys around farms etc at the tender age of 12/13! I am tacking the picture of the davies crusader down to normans to show the old .all the best colin

I too remember Francis Davis Mark.Not a striking livery, but always clean and tidy, forever up and down the A2.Used to park in the Shepherd Neame complex in Faversham I think?