aldridge

i dont see anything about ALDRIDGE TRANSPORT (LAUNCESTON) ON HERE,would be nice to see pictures of the old bedford tm’s and early scanias they ran.i drove for them after FG MARQUAND finished and even took my old truck with me heres a picture after it was just sprayed aldridge colours

n1538342998_256155_5145609.jpg

Heres a few mate. :smiley:

Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

bubbleman:
Heres a few mate. :smiley:

These three look like they’re heading ‘down West’ to load spuds.
We used to ferry produce to them in 7.5tonners from farms they couldn’t access.
I was 18 at the time,considered myself fit and thought i could work but these blokes went like lunatics!

Think one of the loaders/shunters was called Chris?

Hi Davnic,they were took on the A30 at Chybucca when it was a dual carriageway. :smiley:

Hi Bubbs,
I’d forgotten that used to be two-lane.
Must have been one of the shortest stretches of dual carriageway in the country. :slight_smile:

yep chris knight drives for wm rodgers now tipper work,we never used to hang around,majority of spuds and cauli was still handball in late 90’s,theyve only got 2 scania,s now there v8 500’s the rest is leyland/daf crap and a few man’s thanks for the pictures.they ran a scammel handyman in the late 60’s early 70’s wondered what happened to that.e437rcv was the 1st 143 in cornwall driver was mike wallington

I must know you for sure then. I drove for Haynes for a long time. Used to know most of your gang, and the tales told of Brian Aldridges antics are the stuff of legend. What is Jimmy doing now?

bobthedog:
I must know you for sure then. I drove for Haynes for a long time. Used to know most of your gang, and the tales told of Brian Aldridges antics are the stuff of legend. What is Jimmy doing now?

possibly■■?,jim scott is now driving for conway-bailey well its sign written r and r doing parcel run west bromich every night,if you look on the aa griggs trucks on here you might work out who iam

I was driving a small Transit minibus on 31/1/13 around 4.15pm, carrying two small girls in wheelchairs and a young girl teacher in the back down (towards Pz) the Hayle by-pass last week.
Roads were quiet, doing about 50mph with two artics coming towards me, the three of us the only vehicles on the road.
The front one was going along sensibly - the second one was a blue Aldridge DAF XF105 driven by a little prick fresh off of his toy racing car who fancies himself as a racing driver.
Little ■■■■ just swung out to overtake the front lorry and forced me into the ditch, he never even had the decency to indicate what he was doing, just stared at me with his little piggy eyes.
I wanted to phone VOSA, Traffic Commisioner, Police, Tv, radio - anyone that would listen!
So I’ve ordered a camera with black box for the bus now, one front, one back and two inside which gives my speed, position, etc, so that if anything similar happens with anyone else I’ll have some evidence to get them prosecuted.
I was talking to someone that works at Wessex DAF about it and the first thing he said was “Oh that ■■■■■■■ but he did say that Ian, the boss old school and okay.
We all know that one day these little smart asses always come unstuck and I’m really happy that at his age he’ll spend most of his working life (till he’s 70 at least!) doing his Driver CPC and with the next generation of digital tacho sending him self-generating fines!
Ian, just for fun you ought to get one of these camera kits and fit it to his lorry, might be an eye opener.

aldridge dosnt own any 105 dafs and never has

tindeanboy:
I was driving a small Transit minibus on 31/1/13 around 4.15pm, carrying two small girls in wheelchairs and a young girl teacher in the back down (towards Pz) the Hayle by-pass last week.
Roads were quiet, doing about 50mph with two artics coming towards me, the three of us the only vehicles on the road.
The front one was going along sensibly - the second one was a blue Aldridge DAF XF105 driven by a little prick fresh off of his toy racing car who fancies himself as a racing driver.
Little [zb] just swung out to overtake the front lorry and forced me into the ditch, he never even had the decency to indicate what he was doing, just stared at me with his little piggy eyes.
I wanted to phone VOSA, Traffic Commisioner, Police, Tv, radio - anyone that would listen!
So I’ve ordered a camera with black box for the bus now, one front, one back and two inside which gives my speed, position, etc, so that if anything similar happens with anyone else I’ll have some evidence to get them prosecuted.
I was talking to someone that works at Wessex DAF about it and the first thing he said was “Oh that [zb]!”, but he did say that Ian, the boss old school and okay.
We all know that one day these little smart asses always come unstuck and I’m really happy that at his age he’ll spend most of his working life (till he’s 70 at least!) doing his Driver CPC and with the next generation of digital tacho sending him self-generating fines!
Ian, just for fun you ought to get one of these camera kits and fit it to his lorry, might be an eye opener.

Aldridge doesnt own any xf105 get your facts right

he didn’t at the time when the post was written