Daveys of Launceston

A company that has run a mixed fleet over the years, does anyone have any pics of any of their vehicles that they could post on here?.

They are mainly involved on livestock haulage, but I believe they may run a few fridge trailers aswell now

Thanks in advance

Not Daveys but a very very good friend drove for Rex Congdon :stuck_out_tongue:

That was in the days of proper drivers :smiley:

Is there only me and Conway remember Rex Congdons of Launceston? :wink:

congdons still going, my mate steve and jethro still drive there iveco stralis trucks on tipper work mainly for m way and son.

I passed one of Rex Congdons trucks the other day, the DAF XF.

Was sorting through some old truck mags earlier and came across the pic of the Seddon that was in there

Has anyone got some pics of south west operators??

who in particuler? i work for evans in north devon.

Hiya

Anyone really - Daveys, AS Mason, GK Mason, Intercounty etc…

Thanks in advance

Sam

Ok Grooverider,l went through my pics and found these 2, l know theyre crap but theyre better than nothing. Tell me,did Daveys of Launceston run under the name of Colin Davey cos he ran two rare Saviem rigids,one was LEL680P a 4 wheeler and drag and the other was CDG921T a 6 wheeler but these were painted a goldie brown colour.

Have Masons finished or moved,l go past their old yard every Friday night on the A39 and some tractor firm is living there now.

Hope this is of interest

Cheers Marc.

Marc

Many thanks for those pics, they were absolutely brilliant. Do you have any more??, it would be great of you could post them on here for me to see. Any of the old green F10 volvos that Daveys used to run?, or the renault draw-bar?

Daveys of Launceston is owned by the Colin Davey that you asked about and yes, I certainly remember the ‘newer’ T reg Saviem. Do you have any pics of that lurking anywhere?

I believe that AS Mason have now finished up, its certainly been several years since I saw anything to suggest they are still running. I know that one of their Scanias ended up on its side over in the south east. Dont know though if it was F396, or their other motor E344 RCV.

Have you ever heard of a firm called JT Padbury from Northampton who used to run down to Launceston for market day?. They had a fleet of Scanias in red/green with green trailers - livery similar to Wm Armstrongs

Thanks in advance

Sam

Here you are Sam.

l had to chop the Saviems cos theyre not my pics and dont want copyright crap

Hope they are of interest

Cheers Marc

Marc

Thanks so much for those pics, i remember some of those wagons very well.

Do you have any more pics of any of Daveys, AS Mason or Padburys kit that you could put on here?. Or, are they on the web anywhere else that I can view them?

Some of Daveys other trucks that I remember are the F10 Volvos - YUN 814W and ROD 91X and the renault - i think the plate was KDG 458V
It would be great to see any pics of these

Thanks in advance

Sam

here’s one of Colins 6 wheelers

I’m sure I’ve got some more somewhere but I can’t find them at the moment :blush: :blush:

I’ve edited the posts above - scrapped the html code and added IMG tags

unfortunately html code is seen as a security risk now!

Hi Denis
Thanks for that pic. Did you manage to find any others of the older trucks that Colin Davey used to run?
Thanks

Sam

GrooveRider2006:
Hi Denis
Thanks for that pic. Did you manage to find any others of the older trucks that Colin Davey used to run?
Thanks

Sam

that’s a current one :wink:

Steve drives that one

I’ve found a couple more current pics, but I didn’t think a Daf 95ssc and a topline scania were old enough for you guys :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

I can post them if you want :wink:

Hi Denis

Please could you post the pics of the current Daveys trucks that you have?

Thanks in advance

Sam

GrooveRider2006:
Hi Denis

Please could you post the pics of the current Daveys trucks that you have?

Thanks in advance

Sam

they’re not great !!!

it’s the same Scania in both pics

Thanks for those Denis. Do you have any more??

GrooveRider2006:
Thanks for those Denis. Do you have any more??

don’t have any more at the moment, but I see them regularly so if I can take some more I will :sunglasses:

Denis F:
here’s one of Colins 6 wheelers

I’m sure I’ve got some more somewhere but I can’t find them at the moment :blush: :blush:

I’ve edited the posts above - scrapped the html code and added IMG tags

unfortunately html code is seen as a security risk now!

fathers rig ill se if i can find some more

Thanks midnightmover, would be great to see any pics old or new if you have any
Cheers